Page 1 of 67
... LastLast

Post Horrific Visions - Do you actually enjoy them?

To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?

as a blood DK, I have been enjoying them more than anything in a long while.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a DPS, I enjoy them greatly.

Why are you trying to do solo content as a healer? Solo content is not designed around healers. They do terrible in PvE solo, and are nearly unkillable in PvP solo. Horrific Visions is designed specifically that a 5 man group nearly requires both a healer AND a tank. They are also designed around the fact that it is much, MUCH easier to do a Vision with a 5 man then solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Well, it's "something to do", you don't actually need to do them. They're no that hard... but it's probably beacuse I'm playing a rogue, which is one of the best class for visions.

And yes... I don't like dailies, I like World Quests more(don't have to fly so much).

Wtb a 2 option poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, it's "something to do", you don't actually need to do them. They're no that hard... but it's probably beacuse I'm playing a rogue, which is one of the best class for visions.

And yes... I don't like dailies, I like World Quests more(don't have to fly so much).
    If you want to play competitively, Visions are completely mandatory. Sure, there isnt much of a difference between single ranks I.E. 8/9, 5/6 (Though there is a tremendous difference between 12/13 when that finally comes out), but there is quite the difference between ranks 1 and 5. The difference between ranks 1 and 13 is absolutely gargantuan
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    Yeah it's miserable doing it with casters.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I'm not enjoying them either. I think they're too hard. The first zones are okay but when I get into the second tier, the only one I can clear is the one in Orgrimmar with the Shamans. My only consolation is that I know they will be nerfed when Blizz sees too many people falling behind. I may even stop doing them until or unless that happens. If they removed the running debuff in Orgrimmar or that horrible fire stepping garbage in Stormwind, they would be a lot better.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2020-02-08 at 07:52 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    overall i dont. they kinda passable for melee (burst one and aoe), but in SW its annoying.
    on every other character its usually painfull.
    also vessels are punishing.

shit design for sure. it would be epic fiasco if Torghast will inherite the same flaws.

Very annoying as caster and generally not very fun, and a nightmare if you want to play a new alt (not the vision per se, but to obtain the keys for them). This is just a thing you have to do per week, and especially fun starting this week is that a single clear is not enough.
    They should have been completely optional like the mage tower, rewarding some very cool looking cosmetic whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Wtb a 2 option poll
    Good suggestion however it's too late for this thread to do that

The fact that you get punished for trying to get better at them and learn them makes them utterly uninteresting to me. Wasting my time is a fundamental part of gaming, I can live with that. Wasting my weekly progress putting me at a disadvantage compared to other people I'm playing with is just pants on head retarded design.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As a DPS, I enjoy them greatly.

Why are you trying to do solo content as a healer? Solo content is not designed around healers. They do terrible in PvE solo, and are nearly unkillable in PvP solo. Horrific Visions is designed specifically that a 5 man group nearly requires both a healer AND a tank. They are also designed around the fact that it is much, MUCH easier to do a Vision with a 5 man then solo.
    I simply don't enjoy how Enhancement and Elemental play these days. I enjoy Resto, and only in Legion and BfA have I had to "respec for the daily stuff". Before these expansions I was perfectly fine playing Resto 100%.

I don't enjoy them, no. I don't like timed content.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Good suggestion however it's too late for this thread to do that
    You should be able to edit your first post and add one later, irrc. Just think about a sensible poll without biased answers, because you can't change them once you've created one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a melee, I find them extremely fun

I love them, solo them on about half my characters and duo with my wife on the other half.

Much prefer Org to SW though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah it's miserable doing it with casters.
    I disagree and I play an ele shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't enjoy them, no. I don't like timed content.
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.