Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's good content that weeds out the bad players and whiners from the rest.

It's something completely new and I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    It's good content that weeds out the bad players
    Not really since you can be boosted through it, and boosting communities already jumped on the opportunity and are offering the services.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE Visions because I play a healer (Resto Druid). That's all I play (when I have a choice), and that has been the case for 15+ years and 700+ days of played time. One class, one spec. I have a Balance spec with Resto affinity, which I only use when I'm literally forced to by the content, but I'm not good at it and don't enjoy it.

There isn't really much of a place for healers in a vision. It's never health that runs out first, it's always Sanity. You can't heal sanity. Why do we even need this trash "sanity" mechanic when we already have a health bar? Thanks Blizzard for making my role irrelevant for what is basically mandatory content.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    My enjoyment depends on the class I’m playing, which is completely absurd and it’s dumb that the lack of balance is so apparent. It’s like whoever designed these tested them on a Demon Hunter and then called it a day.
    As said by others, that's because DHs are just stupidly powerful soloers who have it all for this type of content; great mobility, DPS, sustain and utility. If you ask me they should get a nerf to their sustain, but then again this is the same game where Rogues can have all the dungeon utility and raid survivability in the world while Shamans get to self-rez every 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I HATE Visions because I play a healer (Resto Druid). That's all I play (when I have a choice),
    Catweave like the m+ pros. There was another thread about visions where some person said they can do run with masks as holy pala, so even if hpal / disc do more damage than other healers, pretty sure you should be able to do cloak upgrades as healer solo nowadays. Oh, and equip any dps corruption. Mind flay, twilight devastation, infinite stars, echoing void, ANYTHING that adds you dps, instead of 9% mastery or w/e else only buffs your healing.

Sad but true on a tank / healer proc corruptions are gonna be top of your damage and noticably improve clear speed.

Also you'd probably need to spec for as many stuns / knockbacks as you can, I literally wasted one vial this week completely because I pulled too many mobs in Geyarah area and got stunlocked to death (if you are no interrupt spec you will have to know which packs you have to be extra careful about).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Without a timer these would be low stress and boring
    so stressful and stil boring is better in a role play game where the game should want you to explore every corner?
    this gogogo content is just cancerous and should die by fire

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    so stressful and stil boring is better in a role play game where the game should want you to explore every corner?
    this gogogo content is just cancerous and should die by fire
    There'd be zero difficulty if there was no timer. The timer IS the difficulty. Nothing is particularly dangerous in there.

So what, they up the difficulty of all the mobs and make it even harder for low ilvl people to do them?

I’ma havoc dh and 3 man them with a healer and a tank and find them quite enjoyable. Even when I did them as a caster they weren’t a pain. They are essentially like mythic plus with volcanic. I do run keyed often so it could also be I’m conditioned to move out of bad already.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not really since you can be boosted through it, and boosting communities already jumped on the opportunity and are offering the services.
    Yeah right, and every bad player does this... not.
    It's a small minority.

Also btw does anyone have an order in which to add masks from easiest to hardest? I came to the point that I have more vials than I need "just for cloak upgrades" on my main so I can burn some spare on mask runs. I started from the "one that puts puddles behind you" thinking this would be the easiest one for solo (no other people to drop puddles on me).
    Burned bridges, dark imagination, pained, daredevil, long night. There's some variance in the middle, but burned bridges is pretty trivial always and dark imagination only spawns minor adds at low sanity, which you should be avoiding anyway through drinking potions, eating the kbab food, and killing elites.

This is from the perspective of a Healer soloing visions. Burned bridges might be far worse in groups.
    Last edited by Kalcifur; 2020-02-17 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Burned bridges, dark imagination, pained, daredevil, long night. There's some variance in the middle, but burned bridges is pretty trivial always and dark imagination only spawns minor adds at low sanity, which you should be avoiding anyway through drinking potions, eating the kbab food, and killing elites.

This is from the perspective of a Healer soloing visions. Burned bridges might be far worse in groups.
    Thanks, I expected as much, that puddles and extra add ones are 2 easiest, not sure about the next, I assumed double madness is easier than 400% sanity damage, so that aligns with your order too?

The half sanity one is the last as expected.

How do you use kebab foods, spam on cd or only use in low sanity drain areas?

I don't find the rewards compelling enough to "enjoy" them, really. I lucked out and got Void Edge early, but there aren't other transmogs and similar items that interest me. I'll do them for the cloak upgrades, but that's about it.

Even a unique recolor of the Mythic Nya'lotha set would be carrot enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    lol. you REALLY think Ion is still playing THIS game ?

muhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. had a good laugh, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Raiding yeah, why do you think we get Mythic nerfs. Its because he's stuck on those bosses. Everything else he just mails to himself..

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...anis/gurgthock

Thats him. Look at his neck level

The coolest Goblin in game is named after him. He is gonna turtlely hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Which is all good and well, except certain rewards are only available for solo play. Which kinda sucks if you aren't one of THE classes for visions and hopefully won't be the case for Torghast. Demon Hunter dominance in solo content like this is crazy and it's not like they suffer in group, either.
    To be fair, in a few weeks it really wont matter which class you are. Sure, hunters are soloing 5 masks now, but we are going to have like 3 times more sanity plus more dps. It's going to be trivial imo. And it's something everyone who cares will keep doing like 4-5 times a week for the sockets.

And yes, DHs are stupid since they were introduced, a redesign is long overdue.

Im not a big fan.

There's a decent chance I'll stop once I get the rank 12 proc.

I like the idea of having a way to progress solo but I don't like the execution. Partly it because the cloak upgrade demands multiple runs, and after running the same thing for the 2nd or 3rd time in a week I feel a little bored. There's almost no variation between runs so doing it for the 3rd or 4th time a week is just tiresome.

And I dislike timers. And I find the mechanics infuriating. Yes, the debuffs are manageable but that doesn't mean I like them. It just falls on the wrong side of fun Vs infuriating for me.

But hey, I know some people who love them. But I'm not one of them.

To me it's kind of like the Withered Scenario was in Legion - fun if you're the right class/spec, but utterly infuriating if you're the wrong one.

World of Meleecraft has really become obnoxious for me, I just don't enjoy all the punishment casters experience in anything but raids. It's like every single mechanic in HVs is designed to piss them off doubly. I just don't do solo HVs on my mage anymore, while my DH just walks in and casually 5-chests it solo with an Orb to spare.

Thanks, I expected as much, that puddles and extra add ones are 2 easiest, not sure about the next, I assumed double madness is easier than 400% sanity damage, so that aligns with your order too?

The half sanity one is the last as expected.

How do you use kebab foods, spam on cd or only use in low sanity drain areas?
    The double madness/400% sanity damage will highly depend on the madnesses available during the week, and on your class - someone without interrupts, or with a very long cd, will probably prefer the double madness, while someone with short interrupt cd might prefer the 400% sanity. Especially on Rexar, some of my classes struggle A LOT, while classes with aoe stun (DH, shaman) or aoe interrupt (oomkin) deal with him without any issues. Also double madness can get some really nasty combos, like last week in SW, with leaden foot/split personality. Personally I tried both combos so far, and found the 400% sanity easier on most of my characters, however any mistakes are much more punishing, while with double madness mistakes are less punishing, but it's definitely easier to make a mistake.

As for k'bab, in Org it's probably best to use it after every single totem, when you're back in tainted area, and in SW you can use it when switching from zone to zone, since the Canals are part of the tainted area, so it's low sanity drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah a lot of people are already doing 3-4 Mask runs already without a DH. I did a 3 Mask run on my 447 ret paladin with poor corruptions. Decent players will be able to do 5 Mask runs with 80% Sanity Resistance with reasonable success.
    Decent players are already doing 5 masks, even on characters like a mage :P Granted, those are 465+ people, but with 80% sanity resistance, even bad, very bad players will be able to do 5 mask full clears.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Can't be bothered doing them 4 times next reset just to get rank 11. Then again, my sub runs out on wednesday and I won't miss them at all.