Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sigh, tried 5 mask and failed. Wisdom, Spirits, Drag went fine. I didnt even manage to get to Rexxar though... was trying to move around in stealth to skip the trash, engaged the elite, but somehow (really have no idea how) the pack between the elite and Rexxar got pulled (could it be te treants?) and it headbutted me into the caster pack who stuns. Revive procced but I instantly got headbutted into yet another pack, at which point it was gg and I died. Oh well, gotta try tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    I'm not on method level so I had only one orb to spare, but if you have kept up with gearing (470+), cloak and research (should be full now), from this week on it's really trivial, even on a warlock. And it's gonna get twice as easy in a few weeks.

Ofc the average player hasn't kept up with anything, so it's probably gonna very difficult for them, just like mythic raiding or +15s would be.
    Well the average casual doesn't mythic raid or run m+15s so how would they have 470+ gear.

Luckily you don't need to use any masks to upgrade cloak until level 15+, so that's half the hp on mobs than what they have in 4-5 mask run.

Nope. Incredibly boring, only interesting up until you do your first run with a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Sigh, tried 5 mask and failed. Wisdom, Spirits, Drag went fine. I didnt even manage to get to Rexxar though... was trying to move around in stealth to skip the trash, engaged the elite, but somehow (really have no idea how) the pack between the elite and Rexxar got pulled (could it be te treants?) and it headbutted me into the caster pack who stuns. Revive procced but I instantly got headbutted into yet another pack, at which point it was gg and I died. Oh well, gotta try tomorrow...
    The mob which headbutts has true sight. If you want to skip it - go further to the right (inside the death zone) and move to the north of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    The mob which headbutts has true sight. If you want to skip it - go further to the right (inside the death zone) and move to the north of them.
    No, I was still fighting the elite at the time, at its spawn location.

Anyway, tried again yesterday and died to Rexxar. Not from sanity, just from dmg. So idk...

The difference between rank 10 and no gift of the titans to rank 11 + gift of the titans is ASTOUNDING. I went from almost clearing 4 zones to killing everything + boss without using 1 orb. I can't imagine the difference at rank 15...

It's a testing ground for the new Shadowlands Tower. Overall it's fun but I can see it getting boring since you're doing kind of the same thing over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a fence post/sign post/whatever on the road where you can lean against so he doesn't knock you back at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a Good aid for sleep
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Saw a video of a massive tip for that area. After the bear mini boss you can just mount out, go out of bounds, while taking a bit of damage, and arrive right at Rexxar's hut. There's really no need to kill anything else in that wing.

https://youtu.be/RpyI7AZik1c?t=390

Honestly it's kind of weird how something so massive is just lying in this random underviewed video. I haven't seen anyone else even acknowledge this strat.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-03 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Saw a video of a massive tip for that area. After the bear mini boss you can just mount out, go out of bounds, while taking a bit of damage, and arrive right at Rexxar's hut. There's really no need to kill anything else in that wing.

https://youtu.be/RpyI7AZik1c?t=390

Honestly it's kind of weird how something so massive is just lying in this random underviewed video. I haven't seen anyone else even acknowledge this strat.
    I'm surprised that it resulted in pretty low sanity loss tbh. And well, dk + probably super high ilev = nuking Rexxar, whereas I just died to him...

I'm wondering if the path I do is correct though. I always do Wisdom - Spirits - Drag - Honor.

Anyway, tomorrow's SW. Gonna be super fun with 4 or 5 masks lmao

No, I don't enjoy them.
    Detest affixes in pretty much all incarnations in the current game and visions triples down on those.

Doesn't help I like to play as a ranged class, which you aren't really allowed to do in most of WoW content these days:
    - Raids: stack on boss/group mechanics + smallish rooms
    - Dungeons: better roll melee if you want to be useful, only reason for ranged is to run around avoiding the bullshit ranged mechanics so melee isn't targeted
    - Visions: hey look, solo content where large HP mobs run at you that can't be snared and/or are in a small room

If this is a test case for Shadowlands content then that's another new type of content that will suck.
    BFA pretty much has been a dumpsterfire of suckage:
    - Adding content which most people find a chore rather than enjoy (islands/warfronts)
    - Mythic plus made worse due to adding another affix
    - Tier gear and artifact weapon replaced by azerite armour and neck which is just terrible
    - Transmog sets that don't suit classes as they are now armour type specific
    - Corruption added so anyone that enjoyed dps competition has no reason to play as your dps ranks are now completely independent from your gameplay

Urghhh, I really need to find another game to play.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that it resulted in pretty low sanity loss tbh. And well, dk + probably super high ilev = nuking Rexxar, whereas I just died to him...

I'm wondering if the path I do is correct though. I always do Wisdom - Spirits - Drag - Honor.

Anyway, tomorrow's SW. Gonna be super fun with 4 or 5 masks lmao
    Well, going Rexxar last gives you the chance to pick all possible buffs in the earlier zones. Also, if you die to him, you'll still have 3 chests, so that's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    The difference between rank 10 and no gift of the titans to rank 11 + gift of the titans is ASTOUNDING. I went from almost clearing 4 zones to killing everything + boss without using 1 orb. I can't imagine the difference at rank 15...

It's a testing ground for the new Shadowlands Tower. Overall it's fun but I can see it getting boring since you're doing kind of the same thing over and over again.
    I agree, once you get the Gift of the Titans, your life changes.

I'm clearing on my alts regularly, and only 2 have GotT now.

Ilevel plays a HUGE role too - in the casual item level range of about 440.

I still firmly believe that it's the best feature they've added to 8.3 and the only repeatedly doable solo thing for casual players.

I hope Torghast is even better.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

No. After trying them on my alt DH, I found that there was no point in continuing my main, if they're considerably easier on that class. Then I realized I had to farm all the essences + ranks again. So I'll be back in 9.0. More time for other games.

I am currently Enjoying them myself. Doing it on my BM hunter and able to Full Clear no problem even without Gift of the Titans. I cannot wait to try it out with masks.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    Yes, except stormwind this week.
    Leadenfoot+mirror is bullshit.

"Mob places aoe under me, i try to run, but mirror spawns, i get stunned and then take 1000 sanity damage. If i stop to let mirror appear then move out, i still am getting hit and only take 800"

So i am gunna hold off on my 5 mask run of stormwind until the maddness affixes are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    No. After trying them on my alt DH, I found that there was no point in continuing my main, if they're considerably easier on that class. Then I realized I had to farm all the essences + ranks again. So I'll be back in 9.0. More time for other games.
    You people pay waaaay too much attention to "others" (be it players, corruptions, classes). Now, I'm not saying dh aren't op (they are), but me, a bala druid, could literally care less. All I care about is me, having fun, not some contest in dick measuring.

What you described btw is basically present at all stages of all expansions. There is always the "fotm". I myself ditched druid during 5.4, because destro wrl was just ultra broken. "What's the point in playing anything else?", well they nerfed it in wod and it wasn't so fun being op anymore. Then I realized it literally doesn't matter what is broken at the time because im not a hardcore mythic raider.

You only get demotivated by things you choose to be there. Too many people make a drama out of things that dont make any difference for them, in their situation.

So, just to be sure. DHs in visions being op is a bad thing, and that makes the visions content trash. But DHs being broken in raids / m+ / pvp is ok? Because if its also not okay in your book, then, well as I said, every patch has had its fotm spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, except stormwind this week.
    Leadenfoot+mirror is bullshit.

"Mob places aoe under me, i try to run, but mirror spawns, i get stunned and then take 1000 sanity damage. If i stop to let mirror appear then move out, i still am getting hit and only take 800"

So i am gunna hold off on my 5 mask run of stormwind until the maddness affixes are better.
    I just find it kind of irritating that Org's Lost areas have rotating madness (split personality, haunting shadows), while SW Lost areas have leaden foot every time. Ofc Umbric (or whole mage district) without LF would be faceroll, but if you design a boss fight with one specific madness in mind, its a faulty design.

All other bosses could have whatever madness, but Umbric is designed with that slow in mind, meaning its always going to be LF SW. Sucks.

I enjoy Orgrimmar, but Stormwind is a chore; the definition of unfun

7+ Year Old Account
    You people pay waaaay too much attention to "others" (be it players, corruptions, classes). Now, I'm not saying dh aren't op (they are), but me, a bala druid, could literally care less. All I care about is me, having fun, not some contest in dick measuring.

What you described btw is basically present at all stages of all expansions. There is always the "fotm". I myself ditched druid during 5.4, because destro wrl was just ultra broken. "What's the point in playing anything else?", well they nerfed it in wod and it wasn't so fun being op anymore. Then I realized it literally doesn't matter what is broken at the time because im not a hardcore mythic raider.

You only get demotivated by things you choose to be there. Too many people make a drama out of things that dont make any difference for them, in their situation.

So, just to be sure. DHs in visions being op is a bad thing, and that makes the visions content trash. But DHs being broken in raids / m+ / pvp is ok? Because if its also not okay in your book, then, well as I said, every patch has had its fotm spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it kind of irritating that Org's Lost areas have rotating madness (split personality, haunting shadows), while SW Lost areas have leaden foot every time. Ofc Umbric (or whole mage district) without LF would be faceroll, but if you design a boss fight with one specific madness in mind, its a faulty design.

All other bosses could have whatever madness, but Umbric is designed with that slow in mind, meaning its always going to be LF SW. Sucks.
    The madnesses are random each week.
    Just we have gotten super unlucky with stormwind it seems, there was 1 week it was not leaden foot, but other then that, yeah its been leadenfoot EVERY SINGLE TIME and i fuckign hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Play main healer and thought of the visions as boring repetitive content doing them as DD. Now some guildies told me to do them as a healer and oh boy. I really enjoy them - just did 5.