Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The madnesses are random each week.
    Just we have gotten super unlucky with stormwind it seems, there was 1 week it was not leaden foot, but other then that, yeah its been leadenfoot EVERY SINGLE TIME and i fuckign hate it.
    Wait, really? I just can't imagine it, Umbric with and without LF is like a day and night fight. I could see the slowing effect as just Umbric ability during the fight, outside of the madness tbh.

Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't surprise me if Blizz changed the algorithm after that one LF-free week for it to be always there after they saw how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Wait, really? I just can't imagine it, Umbric with and without LF is like a day and night fight. I could see the slowing effect as just Umbric ability during the fight, outside of the madness tbh.

Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't surprise me if Blizz changed the algorithm after that one LF-free week for it to be always there after they saw how easy it was.
    the fight is still annoying even without leadenfoot, i have burning rush which allows me to ignore it, and its still annoying, but with leadenfoot, fucking god i fucking hate it so fucking much.

hell no. there's not a damned thing fun about them except being done.

their own fucking poll has "pff i don't need a cloak" at 15% in second place behind "i'm maxxed" at 45%

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, except stormwind this week.
    Stockpile this week, and skip Stormwind entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Stockpile this week, and skip Stormwind entirely.
    You need to do both stormwind and orgrimmar at 5 mask for the stuffs...
    plus you get 1 470 per week, so i will miss this weeks 470, which i may just do.

Stormwind boss with all 4 areas cleared is BS. If I dont run and LOS the eye I get drained to death. If I do run and hide I get polymorphed and wander into sanity draining effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    As a DK main. We're certainly very strong. But a well played DH will consistently perform better especially in greater visions. Primarily because they can physically get to the mobs faster than we can.
    Oh gods yes.

My balance druid just full cleared Stormwind today, giving me both Orgrimmar and Stormwind. I haven't been trying to do masks or clears all that hard either and she can trash the place pretty well, but it's easy mode with all of MOTHER's research done (except the two for grouping, since I only solo them). Hit rank 13 today.

But my demon hunter, who's cloak is much lower, does so much better at the equivalent rank (as in, my DH does better at rank 10 where my druid was at rank 10.) Being able to dash across the map and rip things up allows me to go so much further and faster between using sanity orbs, which is great since my DH hasn't finished the research yet. DH has worse gear than my druid, less play time, none of the food, and yet feels like the best class to take into an HV.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Stormwind boss with all 4 areas cleared is BS. If I dont run and LOS the eye I get drained to death. If I do run and hide I get polymorphed and wander into sanity draining effects.
    You don't need to los the eye, just don't directly face it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, these potions can fuck you up real good. It's better to just pick up sanity potions and unless you track all these potions so they never expire mid fight don't take them.
    I think you should read the post you are quoting my friend. Identifying which potions are good or bad does not imply drinking the ones that give you small short-time buffs. If you don't know that you identify the bad one just by visually looking at which one the NPC died from (top right corner of where you start in Stormwind & 2nd house on the left in Orgrimmar), then you should probably refrain from replying in such a silly way.

The zone buffs which I am talking about in the post you quoted have no negative effects.

I enjoy the Horrific Visions. Not because it is the most challenging thing, but its a legit fun and engaging thing to do.

What classes I play with for Horrific Visions:

Restoration Shaman / Outlaw Rogue / Assassination Rogue / Brewmaster Monk / Unholy DK / Frost DK / Marksmen Hunter / Havoc Demon Hunter / Guardian Druid / Fury Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard failed to design a single repetitive activity since Vanilla. Everything is a chore and players will do it only for rewards useful for other, actually fun activities.

Dungeons and raids are fun activities. Players will do them even without any reward. At least for a first few months. Their another mistake is to release too many dungeons at once and release too few during the course of expansion. They should release 3-5 dungeons per each raid tier.

Arenas and BGs are fun activities as well. PvP in WoW is dying, but that's another theme to talk about.

Well, pet battles actually might be another "invention". Though they are completely orthogonal to the whole WoW so they really look foreign, but whatever, there are people who enjoy them.

Dailiy quests, world quests, invasions, scenarios, warfronts, island expeditions, horrific visions. They are fun for the first few times. That's it. They are not appropriate for a proper repetitive content. Very few people actually enjoy them in the long run.

Blizzard should embrace things they can do. They should release more raids, more dungeons, they should improve PvP. Trying to invent another squirrel wheel makes the game less fun for those who loved it for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full 5 mask clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    I kill the boars first, and use fears/interrupts/stuns to keep them from casting. I basically do slow damage on Rexxar so the void boars don't come basically all at the same time so I can focus them down. When the fourth one is the last one left, I just kill it with the AoE while attacking Rexxar, interrupting when needed. Rexxar becomes piss-easy without his boars.

What I am curious to know is how people deal with what is basically (at least in my experience) unavoidable sanity damage, like that Voidcrazed Hulk at the top of the Valley of Wisdom. You lose sanity every time the guy tosses you, and there's no cast bar or warning that he's about to do that.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-03-04 at 10:41 AM.

Use this WA: https://wago.io/X-gQJQBbQ You can see how it works in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZY8H_UlQE
    It shows you when internal CD of the Gift is up, so you just pull boss and 1 additional mob/pack, kill mob and burn boss under the Gift.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic: 65% reduction made visions a joke on my warlock. Run 5 masks Org with 1 orb remaining and later decided to try 4 masks to get 465 in slack mode and it was easy af. Need to get Strom this week for achiev now.

Was fun up until 2-3 weeks ago, they're just too easy now with the upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why teh fuck does Allerias polymorph still hit when you los the bitch? the entire Stormwind vision is just one big shitfest.

The mage quarter alone is more tedious than the entire Orgrimmar vision lol

Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    Was fun up until 2-3 weeks ago, they're just too easy now with the upgrades.
    And im sure you run it with the masks.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    No, I was still fighting the elite at the time, at its spawn location.

Anyway, tried again yesterday and died to Rexxar. Not from sanity, just from dmg. So idk...
    btw, you can "skip" almost whole of that zone (without invis or whatnot) have to kill just misha, rexxar and then the group at totem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Dungeons and raids are fun activities. Players will do them even without any reward.
    ill stop you right there
    M+ came to existence bcs after few weeks nobody did dungeons, and that was WITH reward
    without reward almost nobody would do them more than once, probably while leveling for exp at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    You don't have to LOS the eye.. you just need to not look directly at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need to los the eye, just don't directly face it.
    Oh, you already said it :P

I love people who don't put in any effort to learn mechanics and then complain about mechanics being too difficult xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ill stop you right there
    M+ came to existence bcs after few weeks nobody did dungeons, and that was WITH reward
    without reward almost nobody would do them more than once, probably while leveling for exp at least...
    This is just wrong. I enjoyed dungeons and always was able to find a group. The only reason people did not visit dungeon as much is because they were too easy at some point and running them naked is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    This is just wrong. I enjoyed dungeons and always was able to find a group. The only reason people did not visit dungeon as much is because they were too easy at some point and running them naked is just stupid.
    people wouldd not visit dungeons if there was nothing usefull in them, simple as that, sure some people do run them even if they wanted nothing from them, but thats extreme minority
    achievments/transmogs/useful items like bags or so helped, but wthout all that, over 90% of people would do dungeon once and be done with it...