Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Vision are funny if you are using and ez class for them like DH or Hunter or any Tank.

A turbo disease if you are like spriest with no tech tree + leaden foot + sw

So eh nothing really amusing if this is the BFA tower mage, it is a no for me.
    Dot classes are good in SW as dots tick for full damage when umbric has his ice shit up.
    Maybe you're just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? I think Umbric ended up being a sanity gain for me now after that nerf.
    What spec do you play? Or can you just burst him fast enough that he doesn't get to cast much? Now that he teleports less I've found I don't have a choice but to eat at least one or two polymorphs/missiles over the course of the fight in between interrupts.

Vision are funny if you are using and ez class for them like DH or Hunter or any Tank.

A turbo disease if you are like spriest with no tech tree + leaden foot + sw
    Tanks are no fun for visions unless you have dps corruptions. Otherwise your damage lags behind and you don't have any burst for mini bosses especially once you start adding masks. You will probably not die from damage taken but depending on your cloak / tech tree / what are you trying to do (full clear vs only quest for cloak, masks etc.) you can simply run out of time / sanity.

But since corruptions can easily be 20-30% of tank's damage there's a huge gap there, for one it will feel piss easy for another it will feel like a struggle even on the same class.

For every class corruptions add significant portion of damage but I think on tanks or probably healers they make even bigger difference.

Now that twilight devastation got nerfed on mass pulls though it might be a bit smaller difference whether you have it or not. But still I'd say trash wasn't the biggest issue for a tank, except multi-caster packs you could pull big, but bosses and mini-bosses you just feel the lack of burst dps specs can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tanks are no fun for visions unless you have dps corruptions. Otherwise your damage lags behind and you don't have any burst for mini bosses especially once you start adding masks. You will probably not die from damage taken but depending on your cloak / tech tree / what are you trying to do (full clear vs only quest for cloak, masks etc.) you can simply run out of time / sanity.

But since corruptions can easily be 20-30% of tank's damage there's a huge gap there, for one it will feel piss easy for another it will feel like a struggle even on the same class.

For every class corruptions add significant portion of damage but I think on tanks or probably healers they make even bigger difference.

Now that twilight devastation got nerfed on mass pulls though it might be a bit smaller difference whether you have it or not. But still I'd say trash wasn't the biggest issue for a tank, except multi-caster packs you could pull big, but bosses and mini-bosses you just feel the lack of burst dps specs can do.
    If you dont have the good dps stuff on corrupted gear just use the punchcard trinket from mechagon you melt every boss with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Dot classes are good in SW as dots tick for full damage when umbric has his ice shit up.
    Maybe you're just bad
    A DH got burn yikes.

You clearly never tried 5 mask umbric pre nerf with foot, otherwise you wouldnt show us your genetic mismatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need to los the eye, just don't directly face it.
    .... really? That makes it a million times easier.

edit: Just completed 4 mask with very few issues now that I know how to deal with the eye. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I love people who don't put in any effort to learn mechanics and then complain about mechanics being too difficult xD
    I mean... I did attempt to learn it though. I just didn't come up with the best solution. I got to the Mathias Shaw and almost lost the first time to sanity drain. The next time I fought him I wanted to see if you could out range the eyes. That didn't work but running around the corner did stop the drain. With a lot of nooks and carnies in his room that seemed like the answer to avoiding as much sanity drain as possible. Since LoS worked on Mathias I assumed that was the answer for Alleria as well. I don't know why you felt the need to be confrontational about it.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2020-03-05 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I kill the boars first, and use fears/interrupts/stuns to keep them from casting. I basically do slow damage on Rexxar so the void boars don't come basically all at the same time so I can focus them down. When the fourth one is the last one left, I just kill it with the AoE while attacking Rexxar, interrupting when needed. Rexxar becomes piss-easy without his boars.

What I am curious to know is how people deal with what is basically (at least in my experience) unavoidable sanity damage, like that Voidcrazed Hulk at the top of the Valley of Wisdom. You lose sanity every time the guy tosses you, and there's no cast bar or warning that he's about to do that.
    The real big brain thing to do in all cases would be to get a weak aura that tracks your internal cd for Gift of the Titan procs and aim to engage the boss at the right time after or slightly before killing a mob with it off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Stormwind boss with all 4 areas cleared is BS. If I dont run and LOS the eye I get drained to death. If I do run and hide I get polymorphed and wander into sanity draining effects.
    turn your backs to the eyes. you dont need to LOS the eyes, just dont look at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    If you dont have the good dps stuff on corrupted gear just use the punchcard trinket from mechagon you melt every boss with it.
    bluecard that reduces forced movements effects is also fucking amazing, it makes the chain pull do like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    turn your backs to the eyes. you dont need to LOS the eyes, just dont look at them.

- - - Updated - - -

bluecard that reduces forced movements effects is also fucking amazing, it makes the chain pull do like nothing.
    The Chains are not important but it helps at the mage district.

A DH got burn yikes.

You clearly never tried 5 mask umbric pre nerf with foot, otherwise you wouldnt show us your genetic mismatch.
    I mean other than the fact that I did him, sure.

Pro-tip, shadowfiend breaks him out of the ice wall. That one is for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    What spec do you play? Or can you just burst him fast enough that he doesn't get to cast much? Now that he teleports less I've found I don't have a choice but to eat at least one or two polymorphs/missiles over the course of the fight in between interrupts.
    Peculiarly, in my run today, I was able to pretty much let him poly me, rather than let him missile me. Yeah, it was annoying to get super slowed and lose a bit of sanity to burning bridge, but since I use a the eternal palace essence on Umbric, it pretty much played out like this:
    1. Missiles interupted
    2. Poly goes through, I am sheeped
    3. Second missiles go on the pet, which doesn't cause me sanity damage

Might just be coincidence, but maybe he is just a good mage and doesn't break his own poly, haha. I'm not doing more runs this week though, so I can't test to see if it always works. Or rather, my other chars don't have that particular essence.

First full clear with 5 masks with my alt hunter. Stormwind.

460 ilvl, no buffs/food/flasks whatsoever, cloak level 13, almost all traits except those 4 - 2nd row right side.

So few things
    1. Hunter is easy mostly because pet is better tank than most wannabe tanks out there.
    2. However you gotta make use of pet move when fighting mathias, this fight is a pain in the butt so bl here
    3. Pet classes have it ez on mage boss
    4. lead foot is annoying but managable.
    5. feign death is OP.
    6. Took me around 4 keys.
    9. Aleria is a joke, took maybe 150 sanity off me.

Next step is demo lock 472, shouldn't be that harder, just pet is not as good as hunter pet. But on the other hand I have some good mythic gear on it.
    I'm gonna try when I get cheat death trait.

So far I am enjoying it. Definitely harder than mage tower. Can't outgear it so it becomes norma dungeon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Next step is demo lock 472, shouldn't be that harder, just pet is not as good as hunter pet. But on the other hand I have some good mythic gear on it.
    I'm gonna try when I get cheat death trait.
    Pets trivialize visions by a ton. On 4-5 masks, enemies actually hurt quite a bit and are more likely to get off their stuns/fear or other nastier abilities. Redirecting all of that to a disposable pet, as well as negating Umbric's main mechanic is a blessing.

I still say that Priest is the worst, especially Shadow. The way Voidform works is just poorly suited to this type of content, especially when trying to burst down bosses. At least dispersion/shadowfiend/mindbender work on Umbric, so he's not all that bad... but then again, Silence has too long cooldown to counter his and Alleria's polymorph (unless she channels the explosion in between casts), so any advantage is negated. It's funny how Disc does better job most of the time, outside of big aoe pulls where not having dps essences or serious aoe spells is an actual hindrance. Mages can deal with that by swapping specs, but here, it's doesn't really feel worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Pets trivialize visions by a ton. On 4-5 masks, enemies actually hurt quite a bit and are more likely to get off their stuns/fear or other nastier abilities. Redirecting all of that to a disposable pet, as well as negating Umbric's main mechanic is a blessing.

I still say that Priest is the worst, especially Shadow. The way Voidform works is just poorly suited to this type of content, especially when trying to burst down bosses. At least dispersion/shadowfiend/mindbender work on Umbric, so he's not all that bad... but then again, Silence has too long cooldown to counter his and Alleria's polymorph (unless she channels the explosion in between casts), so any advantage is negated. It's funny how Disc does better job most of the time, outside of big aoe pulls where not having dps essences or serious aoe spells is an actual hindrance. Mages can deal with that by swapping specs, but here, it's doesn't really feel worth it.
    Depends, matias is harder unless learn to move your pet, still plenty hard.
    Trash is definitely easier for hunter, not so much easier for lock.

But yeah spriest should be worlds apart when it comes to difficulty. I leveled all the classes since pandas and hunter was like "Lol unno im just playing tennis meme".
    While spriest was like dragging your butt thru a mile of broken glass. So I guess it's the same here.

But it is possible:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wGpRyf7ZBk

4. lead foot is annoying but managable.
    Well Hunter is one of the classes that can easily get rid of it, isn't it? Posthaste and master's call both remove roots / slows? Or do I remember wrong.

Kind of dumb there's a few boss abilities that drain your sanity and are not avoidable. At least let us LoS the polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well Hunter is one of the classes that can easily get rid of it, isn't it? Posthaste and master's call both remove roots / slows? Or do I remember wrong.
    Yes but not as much as lock who can simply ignore it as you cannot be slowed below 100% movement speed thanks to burning rush. It costs your hp tho.
    Posthaste (disengage) has a cooldown and moving still gives you more stacks. I didn't even play with posthaste to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Kind of dumb there's a few boss abilities that drain your sanity and are not avoidable. At least let us LoS the polymorph.
    Oh yeah as a demo lock I don't even have interrupt (technically I do but would need to change a pet). And I agrre with losing. Another option is burning that down. Don't know about other classes burst but demo with a tyrant that hits like a truck does the job even if you are polymorphed.

A few people mentioned this but went largely unnoticed.

Get a weak aura to track gift of the titans. The internal cooldown starts the moment the buff drops and is VERY accurate, making it easy to manage. The proc can come from killing non essential critters and is well over 50% chance to trigger.

This is the solution to bosses with "unavoidable" sanity damage in 5 mask runs that makes many people who are clearing them claim the content is "easy". You end up not needing to orb before things like umbric because you actually benefit from being attacked by adds from dark imagination, they will trigger your buff allowing you to walk through arcane missles which saves your interrupt for polymorph.

The other thing to stress is that consumables are not something that should be considered elitist or excessive. Draenic living action potions counter lead foot and lightfoot potions enable fast gathering of mobs or doing tedious tasks like opening cages or setting bombs.

There are absolutely zero coincidences or impossible scenarios in visions, the tools to win are entirely in the player's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    A few people mentioned this but went largely unnoticed.

Get a weak aura to track gift of the titans. The internal cooldown starts the moment the buff drops and is VERY accurate, making it easy to manage. The proc can come from killing non essential critters and is well over 50% chance to trigger.

This is the solution to bosses with "unavoidable" sanity damage in 5 mask runs that makes many people who are clearing them claim the content is "easy". You end up not needing to orb before things like umbric because you actually benefit from being attacked by adds from dark imagination, they will trigger your buff allowing you to walk through arcane missles which saves your interrupt for polymorph.

The other thing to stress is that consumables are not something that should be considered elitist or excessive. Draenic living action potions counter lead foot and lightfoot potions enable fast gathering of mobs or doing tedious tasks like opening cages or setting bombs.

There are absolutely zero coincidences or impossible scenarios in visions, the tools to win are entirely in the player's control.
    easier to blame blizzard than to get good

Can't outgear it so it becomes norma dungeon.
    What you mean? Of course you can.