Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Essences, YOUR POINT GOT FUCKED /wrecked /seriously wrecked.
    Soo.. Spend a week to get most essences as rank 3 on your alts? What's the issue?
    Hi

Stormwind Week means Skip week as far as 3+ masked are concerned. Stormwind is just anti-fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Soo.. Spend a week to get most essences as rank 3 on your alts? What's the issue?
    Hmm, right, Iris 3 in a week, Conflict and Strife r3 in a week, Breath R3 in a week, Lucid R3 in a week, yes, indeed. Blood of the Enemy R3 in a week absolutely possible if you're grinding battlegrounds non stop for 8 hours a day. Fun? Fucking hell no.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-03-05 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well you can still try to pick them up and if you think they might run out at a dangerous point, click them off yourself before that happens.
    Does clicking them off to avoid the bad side effects really work? oô
    That'd be kinda strange since they also get triggered when exiting the vision.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Does clicking them off to avoid the bad side effects really work? oô
    That'd be kinda strange since they also get triggered when exiting the vision.
    Isn't this more of a "you'll still puke your guts out, but at least it won't happen during combat/inside -200sanity void zone"?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What you mean? Of course you can.
    Nah man, you can't. Having 970 ilvl at mage tower made every challenge trivial as in normal dung.
    And I ain't gettin much stronger than 472, remember, no titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Isn't this more of a "you'll still puke your guts out, but at least it won't happen during combat/inside -200sanity void zone"?
    Ah, reading over Nymrohd's post again this interpretation makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah man, you can't. Having 970 ilvl at mage tower made every challenge trivial as in normal dung.
    The remaining two cloak upgrades will cut down sanity loss by one third compared to now though, so at lvl 15 it will get significantly easier (no faceroll though, sure).
    It will become easy enough that I'll probably farm one vision per week for the free 470.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its now even more crystal clear that SW sucks massive balls. I probably can clear OG twice as fast as SW.

Still not loving them. I'm haven't even tried a multi mask run as I have absolutely no compulsion to do so. Sure it's more challenging and I doff my call to those who've find it, but I really can't be bothered, I get no personal satisfaction and the extrinsic rewards are not interesting enough to make me want to run it at a higher level.

I really wouldn't care if the cloak upgrades weren't tied to the system, I'm okay ignoring stuff that I don't like (case in point, not done a bg in months, haven't done arena in years) but the cloak upgrade is a bit too good to ignore (and no, that didn't contradict what I said - the rewards don't make me want to run it on a higher difficulty. But I will skeepwalk collecting the pages).

I'd have quit at rank 12 if they hadn't nerfed how much the quests would need. Guess I'll do up to 15 now. Though I'll probably wait until it's org to get rank 15 as it's quicker.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did Orgrimmar 5masks solo as a mage, there are 2-3 good and easy skips there. Now gathering some coalescing visions to run SW a few runs in a row to do 5masks solo there as well. After I've gotten my Faceless title I guess it will become some boring routine.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world
    Attained by 0% of profiles. I don't think you'll need to worry that everyone and their mothers will be able to solo 5 mask clear very soon.
    just you wait, im clearing+5 with 1 orb unused now as a mage (hardly the best class compared to insanely overpowered meles). and the cloak upgrades will keep coming...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Stormwind Week means Skip week as far as 3+ masked are concerned. Stormwind is just anti-fun.

Hmm, right, Iris 3 in a week, Conflict and Strife r3 in a week, Breath R3 in a week, Lucid R3 in a week, yes, indeed. Blood of the Enemy R3 in a week absolutely possible if you're grinding battlegrounds non stop for 8 hours a day. Fun? Fucking hell no.
    iris 2 does the same damage as iris 3.
    you 100% don't need rank 3 essences to do content. I mean *you* may, but you 100% don't need them

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Well cloak upgrades makes a huge difference. Also corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Knowing what to do, what to skip, the best route, how to tackle the different affixes, how much you can handle when you pull, when you have to use big CDs, being both safe and efficient are skills imho. Skill is not only mechanical prowess. Learning to be efficient is a skill. The several nerfs due to the cloak and the research tree make things easier, but don't make the content trivial.

If the feature was only about mechanical skill, it would become boring quite fast for me. I appreciate the fact that I'm learning something every time I run a Vision.

That's why I'm not worried about difficulty: gear doesn't completely trivialize the Visions. I've seen some of the best players in the world (Rogerbrown, Zmok) fail their 5 masks runs despite their gear and their skill. Things can go south pretty quickly.

However, I wish Stormwind was less annoying: the corrupted areas are an unnecessary waste of time (having to click on 8 spread out items, yikes), the spawns in the Umbric zone put the player in combat (especially annoying with Leaden foot) and Alleria is a fucking bitch for melee players. So much downtime.
    Never understood this, but where does all the downtime on Alleria come from? On Thrall there is virtually zero, so I’m not debating that issue. With Alleria however, you can knock the bombs away, you can dodge darkened sky, and you can stay on her until almost the full cast of Void Eruption until you need to LoS. The Chains are really the only thing that causes downtime to a big extent.
    Also, if you have immunities or big damage reductions you can just take the hit from Eruption and then cancel your thing if you need to and get right back on damaging her.
    It just seems like people act like theirs 2 1/2 minutes in a 3 minute fight (not even that really) where you do nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    iv been having fun with on my demon hunter i mainly carry my friend that is a healer tho it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Never understood this, but where does all the downtime on Alleria come from? On Thrall there is virtually zero, so I’m not debating that issue. With Alleria however, you can knock the bombs away, you can dodge darkened sky, and you can stay on her until almost the full cast of Void Eruption until you need to LoS. The Chains are really the only thing that causes downtime to a big extent.
    Also, if you have immunities or big damage reductions you can just take the hit from Eruption and then cancel your thing if you need to and get right back on damaging her.
    It just seems like people act like theirs 2 1/2 minutes in a 3 minute fight (not even that really) where you do nothing.
    You're conveniently forgetting the fact that she's ranged, you still need to avoid the eye, dodging Darkened Sky is harder than Thrall's frontal, kicking the bombs still takes time/doesn't always work perfectly and she can cast Polymorph through LoS after you try to position the eye. The only downtime on Thrall is when he starts with middle eruption and maybe 2 seconds of Hopelessness. Add Burning Bridge to that and it gets rather crowded.

Well cloak upgrades makes a huge difference. Also corruptions.
    Corruptions are a double-edged sword, especially in visions. I always run visions at a corruption level sub 20 as movement with Mask of the Pained and Burned Bridge is so heavily restricted that bad corruption proccs can quickly get you killed.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-03-05 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You're conveniently forgetting the fact that she's ranged, you still need to avoid the eye, dodging Darkened Sky is harder than Thrall's frontal, kicking the bombs still takes time/doesn't always work perfectly and she can cast Polymorph through LoS after you try to position the eye. The only downtime on Thrall is when he starts with middle eruption and maybe 2 seconds of Hopelessness. Add Burning Bridge to that and it gets rather crowded.
    Being ranged doesn’t matter. Darkened Sky has patches around her that are open. Her hit box is big enough you can still hit her if a patch is 1/2-3/4 of the way under her. Kicking the bombs is instant and can be done without stopping damage. You don’t need to position the eye, you just don’t look at it. Poly is simply interrupted and I’ve never seen her cast it while you need to hide and LoS something else.
    I also stated that I am not comparing her to Thrall as I agree he is easier, but that’s not the point I’m debating. I simply stated I don’t understand how people act like there’s some insane amount of downtime on Alleria. Between chains and LoS’ing Eruption (if you aren’t damage reducing/immunity) there’s maybe 10-30 seconds of downtime on her. Less downtime if you do immune the Eruption cast. Considering she lasts a few minutes that is not a big amount. Hell, a full clear no mask run she takes about a minute and you don’t even need to LoS Eruption.

Corruptions are a double-edged sword, especially in visions. I always run visions at a corruption level sub 20 as movement with Mask of the Pained and Burned Bridge is so heavily restricted that bad corruption proccs can quickly get you killed.
    Anything below 40 is fine. Having a good twilight devastation, mindflay tentacle or echoing void as a tank makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its now even more crystal clear that SW sucks massive balls. I probably can clear OG twice as fast as SW.
    I for one am hoping that the current "Stock up as many coalescing visions/vessels as you like"-change will cause so many people to wait out SW-weeks, saving up their stuff for Org runs, that Blizz *finally* gets the message, SW visions suck...

Anything below 40 is fine. Having a good twilight devastation, mindflay tentacle or echoing void as a tank makes a huge difference.
    Okay yeah, as a tank sure. I was talking from the perspective of a melee dd.