Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Filthy casual

Run M5 max, usually M3, don't raid

Reached ilvl 450 or so on my main, a Paladin

Multiple alts, at least one of each class at 120

Have all the allied races unlocked

Visions are a terrible, uninteresting grind fest, reminiscent of D3 in the wrong ways

Corruption is a shit RNG mechanic

Az. gear being tired to spec is shit

ESSENCES NOT BEING ACCOUNT BOUND

Unsubscribed until SL
    Last edited by Elsif; 2020-03-05 at 04:24 PM.

I like the idea of visions, much like I liked the idea of islands. In actuality, I don’t enjoy either very much. There’s a lot of similarities with islands and visions which is why I kind lumped them together. I know that the torghast tower will be based off the ai for visions, so I’m hoping they get it right for SL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Stormwind Week means Skip week as far as 3+ masked are concerned. Stormwind is just anti-fun.

Hmm, right, Iris 3 in a week, Conflict and Strife r3 in a week, Breath R3 in a week, Lucid R3 in a week, yes, indeed. Blood of the Enemy R3 in a week absolutely possible if you're grinding battlegrounds non stop for 8 hours a day. Fun? Fucking hell no.
    >Most. Even though some take 2-3 weeks instead it's not actually an issue. I've rerolled twice since BoD and it took me a week each time to be up to par with my previous main.
    Hi

I've started enjoying them more now that my cloak levels are a bit higher and I can start doing runs with masks on. Though leaden foot plus that chaos elite in the middle of the mage quarter...that's just unfair.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

It could be way more interesting if the affixes weren't so cancer.

As it is now, I DON'T enjoy them but I do them because I need the grind/farm for cloak, mount and sockets. And need the 5 mask version of SW. After that, going back to 4 masks and slow pace.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Anything below 40 is fine. Having a good twilight devastation, mindflay tentacle or echoing void as a tank makes a huge difference.
    This. I've got two r1 TD and a rank 1 EV (Also got r2 but too much corruption).

TD is insane as I tend to do big pulls whenever the gift is off ICD, and when TD procs it destroys stuff.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Kind of dumb there's a few boss abilities that drain your sanity and are not avoidable. At least let us LoS the polymorph.
    I agree. The polymorph is VERY annoying with 5 masks, since, if you get poly'd, you start wandering in place, which spawns void zones under you (burned bridge mask) that drain a hefty chunk (daredevil mask) your already halved sanity (long night mask) and due to Lead Foot madness, you can't immediately get out of it due to heavy slow thanks to the stacks you accrued while moving around while poly'd.

Another unavoidable sanity drain ability is the Voidcrazed Hulk in the Valley of Wisdom in Orgrimmar. There's no warning or cast bar for the throw ability he does that saps your sanity.

Well cloak upgrades makes a huge difference. Also corruptions.
    Still nowhere near as easy as mage tower at almost max ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That's true, but MT at max ilvl and an overpowered Artifact didn't happen until months after patch release.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

No, they are boring AF... I just do them to keep my cloak up to speed and did one fullclear (without masks) for each side to get that achievement and pet reward.

Ultra boring game mode imho but meh, I need that cloak ranked up to max for the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    That's true, but MT at max ilvl and an overpowered Artifact didn't happen until months after patch release.
    Didn't need artifact overload to breeze thru mage tower. Basically month after release of last raid mythic, people already had breezed thru it.

Same as now, ~month after mythic raid release I'm at 472 equipped. And I can't steamroll it despite having like 10 corrupted items (at disposal) including TD R3, Stars R2 and various other corrupted items. I won't be gettin much stronger than I am today. And can't steamroll it with my lock

I did my first full clear with 2 masks last night (solo, tank)
    Pained and Imagination
    Feel like I do 4 with easy, but not sure about the first mask. This week was the first week i attempted a mask run, with the first mask i managed to get 4/5 areas done, but I don't have the last upgrade to my cloak yet (400 mementos away)

Well, they are better than the horrible Island Expeditions at least...

they are to dark to see where you are going most of the time, had to adjust gamma to make it playable , don't think i will clear them ever better waste my time on leveling char nr 18 to 120

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That's because when MT released we were still on the first tier of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    I did my first full clear with 2 masks last night (solo, tank)
    Pained and Imagination
    Feel like I do 4 with easy, but not sure about the first mask. This week was the first week i attempted a mask run, with the first mask i managed to get 4/5 areas done, but I don't have the last upgrade to my cloak yet (400 mementos away)
    The half sanity mask is definitely the best one to save for last since it negatively synergises with all the others. Having 50% less room for error makes it way more punishing when you get overwhelmed by the other mask effects. It's good to practice 4-mask runs until you can consistently deal with everything before putting on the half sanity mask, since it doesn't mechanically change anything, it just narrows the margin of error and forces you not to waste any time.

On a side note, I really love the mask system as a means of adjusting difficulty. Stacking unique effects with flat damage/health increases on top of them is an awesome way of making the difficulty semi-modular while still ensuring that you need to deal with every single effect on the hardest runs. It also lets you practice mechanics you aren't comfortable with at easier difficulty levels without heaping on an excessive amount of pressure.

It makes me wonder whether M+ would work better if the difficulty worked similarly to masks rather than having a set series of affixes at specific breakpoints each week. When I was gearing up for visions I was kind of terrified to do +10s with the new seasonal affix, since I had no hands-on experience dealing with the minibosses and no idea where to move them for skips. I would've loved to practice that affix in less dangerous low level mythics without any of the other affixes to worry about rather than having to jump straight into +10s to learn it. If affixes were modular each week, with +10 requiring you to activate all of them at once, then it might make the whole experience way less daunting for inexperienced players to get into.

Can someone who plays a priest look me in the eyes and tell me with a straight face that they enjoy the visions? One who isn't a glutton for punishment sort of a person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That's because when MT released we were still on the first tier of the expansion.
    at the end of the third, actually.
    EN finished, TOV finished, NH finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Can someone who plays a priest look me in the eyes and tell me with a straight face that they enjoy the visions? One who isn't a glutton for punishment sort of a person?
    my guild leader does 5mask full clears in a group and solos 3-4 as disc.
    don't let your personal echo chamber cloud everything

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    at the end of the third, actually.
    EN finished, TOV finished, NH finished.
    EN wasn't a tier, TOV was a half tier and NH was a proper first tier. ToS was second.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The half sanity mask is definitely the best one to save for last since it negatively synergises with all the others. Having 50% less room for error makes it way more punishing when you get overwhelmed by the other mask effects. It's good to practice 4-mask runs until you can consistently deal with everything before putting on the half sanity mask, since it doesn't mechanically change anything, it just narrows the margin of error and forces you not to waste any time.
    So I feel dumb, for whatever reason that didn't click for me...to just skip the half sanity mask for now. That would have made my first solo 3 mask completion that I did last night a hell of a lot easier lol.

It took 3 tries because I kept messing up with random elites (the elite that unlocks the scenario in trade district, kicked the wrong thing and my timing was all off after that. Also the giant flesh beast in mage quarter, I got stuck in swirlies with the movement slowing debuff...then got blasted by his aoe.)

Going to give 4 mask a try tonight, sans the half sanity mask this time. lol