Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Weird that's the only mask I've gotten so far the one that gives you 500 sanity... did I do something out of order? It does make it harder... could not clear one of the 12 corruption errors.
    but I did get the other 3 and boss cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    EN wasn't a tier, TOV was a half tier and NH was a proper first tier. ToS was second.
    Nope, tier of content =! tier set.

EN was the first tier of content.
    Then TOV
    Then NH

So third tier.

I did until I tried a 5mask run, got stunned and took about 300 sanity damage, into the rez, into a stun, 500 sanity damage into death. Maybe a 1.5 pack. Need to make stuns on a dr or reduce them

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post

Then TOV
    Then NH

So third tier.
    Might as well call leveling a first tier, normal dungeons a second, heroic dungeons a third, and EN a fourth.

You can have whatever terminology you want, but facts are facts. And yes, tier of content = tier set. It has always been that way (thats why onyxia raid or obsidian sanctum arent considered tiers), no matter how much you want to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Might as well call leveling a first tier, normal dungeons a second, heroic dungeons a third, and EN a fourth.

You can have whatever terminology you want, but facts are facts. And yes, tier of content = tier set. It has always been that way (thats why onyxia raid or obsidian sanctum arent considered tiers), no matter how much you want to deny it.
    so third tier of legion? cool? cool.

Then TOV
    Then NH

So third tier.
    Lmao. No, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lmao. No, you are wrong.
    lets see
    first tier of content was EN
    they increased the il of raid drops in TOV, so tier 2
    and they increased the il of raid drops in NH, so tier 3
    and they increased the il of raid drops in ToS, so tier 4
    and they increased the il of raid drops in Antorus, so tier 5.

There being only 3 tier sets has nothing to do with the number of tiers of content. It's unfortunate that you're unable to internalize that concept, but, that's how it be sometimes.

Mogushan and highmaul were tiers of content, too. So was Ahn'Qiraj.

lets see
    first tier of content was EN
    they increased the il of raid drops in TOV, so tier 2
    and they increased the il of raid drops in NH, so tier 3
    and they increased the il of raid drops in ToS, so tier 4
    and they increased the il of raid drops in Antorus, so tier 5.

There being only 3 tier sets has nothing to do with the number of tiers of content. It's unfortunate that you're unable to internalize that concept, but, that's how it be sometimes.

Mogushan and highmaul were tiers of content, too. So was Ahn'Qiraj.
    Still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    As a DK main. We're certainly very strong. But a well played DH will consistently perform better especially in greater visions. Primarily because they can physically get to the mobs faster than we can.
    Let's just say that they're both pretty good. My highest character is DH and its pretty good. My DK is pretty shitty and I don't know how to play it but it performs better than more geared toons. I would imagine of the roles were reversed for me the same things would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Still wrong.
    i'm not but okay.
    Was uldir the first tier of bfa or did bfa have no tiers of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yes, seriously, I'm sitting on a pile of alts that are collecting dust after being levelled, because bringing them to any end game is a pita. So they're just waiting for shadowlands. Also using them for some profession crafts that's all.

Levelling is the least problem of any character.

In Legion I actually had reasons to play multiple alts, like mage tower and class mounts.
    So you walked in and completed tower without working traits? How is that different to esscences?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

my guild leader does 5mask full clears in a group and solos 3-4 as disc.
    don't let your personal echo chamber cloud everything
    The person you quoted was asking whether any priests enjoy doing visions, with the implication that priests are not very good in them. Your response doesn't really answer their question.

i'm not but okay.
    Was uldir the first tier of bfa or did bfa have no tiers of content?
    BFA had 3 tiers, Battle of Dazar'alor, Eternal Palace and Ny'alotha. Legion had 3 tiers, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus. WoD had 2 tiers, Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel.

Welcome to World of Warcraft, new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Corruptions are a double-edged sword, especially in visions. I always run visions at a corruption level sub 20 as movement with Mask of the Pained and Burned Bridge is so heavily restricted that bad corruption proccs can quickly get you killed.
    With higher cloak level you can wear more corruption for less negative impact. Also depends if you're a class that can easily remove slows or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    So I feel dumb, for whatever reason that didn't click for me...to just skip the half sanity mask for now. That would have made my first solo 3 mask completion that I did last night a hell of a lot easier lol.
    I can safely clear 3 mask with the "easy" masks (puddles, adds, double madness), haven't tried 4, tried to go for 5 once but died on rexxar even proccing gift just before pulling him no way I can dps him down in time. Haven't tried sw 5 mask yet but I heard it's overall harder so not sure if I should risk my vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    A few people mentioned this but went largely unnoticed.

Get a weak aura to track gift of the titans. The internal cooldown starts the moment the buff drops and is VERY accurate, making it easy to manage. The proc can come from killing non essential critters and is well over 50% chance to trigger.

This is the solution to bosses with "unavoidable" sanity damage in 5 mask runs that makes many people who are clearing them claim the content is "easy". You end up not needing to orb before things like umbric because you actually benefit from being attacked by adds from dark imagination, they will trigger your buff allowing you to walk through arcane missles which saves your interrupt for polymorph.
    This is another situation where "casuals" are handicapped because the game is just overreliant on addons. I personally hate it. Can't raid without weak auras, can't m+ without weak auras, now can't even do solo content efficiently without wa. People who play with minimally modded default UI are at bigger and bigger disadvantage with every passing expansion. So there's not only a gap of skill and gear but also UI. And it's not just the vanilla levels of "are you a clicker / keyboard turner" it's literally unplayable without addons.

BFA had 3 tiers, Battle of Dazar'alor, Eternal Palace and Ny'alotha. Legion had 3 tiers, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus. WoD had 2 tiers, Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel.

Welcome to World of Warcraft, new player.
    Legion had 5, though.
    WoD, 3
    MoP, 4.

I haven't played in maybe 6 months. Couple days ago I jumped back in caught up my questlines to the first horrific vision. 1/10 did not have fun. With no gear, and no idea what to do it just made me want to never try that again. Even after reading a horrific visions guide I'm still not sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you walked in and completed tower without working traits? How is that different to esscences?
    You were getting like 70% of your artifact filled with LITERALLY 2 WQ in 7.3 Legion. This is NOT the case in BFA. Getting from 50 neck to 70-75 definitely takes much longer than 2 WQ.

Also you needed Legendaries in Legion, true, but they had multiple ways to obtain them so you could pick one you didn't absolutely despise and farm that until you got what you needed. It was super bad until 7.2, true, but then it got buffed then again in 7.3 got buffed once more. Now in BFA if you need essence from X content you're stuck with that. I still don't have the goddamn rated pvp and bg essences on my main because I hate and despise pvp.

I didn't mind playing alts to get gear, I raided on them, I did m+ on them. I hated redoing the whole Argus questline on every single alt but I only did it because it was so lucrative for gold to unlock the missions. It was NOT necessary for the character to access the raid or m+, if I remember even Seat of Triumvirate was unlocked account wide once you did it on 1 char (even though it was shit dungeon and nobody wanted to do it anyway). Netherlight crucible was unlocked account wide.

Broken shore intro was skippable once done on 1 char now Nazjatar intro is not skippable no matter what, they could just skip us to the Magni scenario in Highmountain if that can't be skipped to unlock your essences. But why can't we skip the whole unlocking the camp in Nazja part when we could in Broken Shore, especially now that it's old content from previous patch. You can't even pick the 8.3 questline without doing the Nazja intro ffs.

How can anyone say that everything was the same in Legion when there was a lot more skips and decent amount of leniency in obtaining "necessary" things for the character to function.

P.S. Also wtf is wrong with the 8.3 catch up gear that they went back to giving us 1 trait azerite?! I'm still having to use 8.2 benthic on alts because it has all rings while 8.3 ones have only half the rings.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-03-05 at 11:06 PM.

Legion had 5, though.
    WoD, 3
    MoP, 4.
    As Abraham Lincoln asked, "how many legs does a dog have, if you call a tail a leg?"

The answer is "four", because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

This is another situation where "casuals" are handicapped because the game is just overreliant on addons. I personally hate it. Can't raid without weak auras, can't m+ without weak auras, now can't even do solo content efficiently without wa. People who play with minimally modded default UI are at bigger and bigger disadvantage with every passing expansion. So there's not only a gap of skill and gear but also UI. And it's not just the vanilla levels of "are you a clicker / keyboard turner" it's literally unplayable without addons.
    This is a legitimate case to be raised to blizz as a whole. In many ways, i would like to agree, a game should be playable and enjoyable entiry on its own merits. But i have been using addons on wow since vanilla, and i was so stupid back then i had to be hand held to install ventrillo (it was literally a click to install thing, but still, dumb as shit kid). Whether players realize it or not, modding culture in game design has exploded in relevance, to the point where nowadays no game released to market is complete since patches and mods will inevitably be added later.

In a perfect world, it would be nice if addons were unncessary and just extra things that could add fun to an experience. But players now are so much more capable than developers as we outnumber them thousands of times over. Combine this with the reality that wow is also a game that has also grown with its own gaming meta culture and you end up with a situation where it seems hard to ignore mods to the game.

Worth remembering that blizzard has actually forbidden the use of specidic addons at various points in their history, but they simply cannot stop them all. They actively support sites like wowhead that has numerous links to boss mods and other tools to streamline gameplay. It has simply become another facet of the get good mentality in gaming discourse.

And i get it, there's nothing i fear more than being rendered obsolete or otherwise incapable in playing the games i love. It's something many people on these forums know very well even if they dont have the balls to admit it. But when all is said and done, all one can do is run for as long as one can. To that end, i try to keep my answers complete, my advice honest, and my outlook as positive as possible. We are playing this game to have fun, we engage in forums to learn and share knowledge.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Can someone who plays a priest look me in the eyes and tell me with a straight face that they enjoy the visions? One who isn't a glutton for punishment sort of a person?
    Kinda sorta? It's not horrible, but it's obvious that my class is poorly suited to vision - whereas mage tower worked perfectly fine for all three specs. I have ran them on a melee alt and the difference is enormous. Excellent aoe, good mobility, stun, burst, no reliance on ramp up or on-use trinkets. It wasn't even a demon hunter, but it was enough to make me feel pretty underpowered for this type of content.

Otherwise, it is a decent side activity, but not being able to plow through it certainly puts a damper on my enjoyment. There's not a single zone or a boss where I can go "aw yeah, Priest is really good for this one, I couldn't do this on another class". *Maybe* the Hulk miniboss, where I can fade and avoid sanity loss, but that's really stretching it - plus he's such a joke that it doesn't matter.