Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thought I would get burnt out on them after working on my main's cloak, but, I'm finding them to be one of the more enjoyable features of 8.3. I really like that I can do these solo and as such at any dam time I feel like doing them. I really like that they can be done relatively quickly. I like that they are a challenge but not a ridiculously difficult one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This is another situation where "casuals" are handicapped because the game is just overreliant on addons. I personally hate it. Can't raid without weak auras, can't m+ without weak auras, now can't even do solo content efficiently without wa.
    No, but you can. It's your personal choice to go down that rabbit hole, and label things "required".

I can think of a single WA that is absolutely necessary for me in M+: an interrupt tracker. But even if I don't have it, I would still be able to play a non-shaman healer role at 3k+ score and try to be oblivious to how the rest of the group manage their interrupts. There are QoL WAs that I'm really used to, such as Nnogga's party cooldown tracker or MDT. But losing them will not suddenly stop me from timing keys that I can time right now.

I have seen a top AWC player do hardcore PvE content with basically standard WoW UI. That was eye opening. You don't need 100 WAs to be good.

I did solo 5-mask clear of Orgrimmar without paying any attention to the Gift buff (I did not watch or read any guides, wanted to learn it on my own, so I just did not think I had to track any buffs). If I kept on failing, I would have a choice to either wait and try a couple of weeks later (causal approach), or to min-max the fuck out of it (like getting all WAs) and push for completing it now (hardcore approach). You don't have to choose the latter.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-03-06 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God no.

It would be fine if I could keep practicing and keep getting better. However I'm limited to like 2 runs a week and if I try to improve myself I risk the chance of not upgrading the cloak.

In addition to that I think it's heavily anti caster, as a destruction warlock I pretty much just have to nuke things before the mobs effects have a chance to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?

yes and no. I despised them until I got to cloak rank 10, then 4 chest + boss clear became trivial.
    so I dont mind doing them so much NOW. That being said I just dont like this gear system.
    Please for the good of the game, I pray they just go back to tier sets, PvP specific gear earned via PvP.

What about M+ you may be asking? yeah I dont care. Thats part of the reason we keep getting served the same shit sandwich.

Now that my back is at 12 or 13 and I have the proc I doubt I will keep doing them or the nonsense you need to do to do them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Weird that's the only mask I've gotten so far the one that gives you 500 sanity... did I do something out of order? It does make it harder... could not clear one of the 12 corruption errors.
    but I did get the other 3 and boss cleared.
    The half sanity mask is the first one you unlock, but once you've finished one run with it you'll start unlocking the others, at which point you can stop using it until you start going for 5 masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post
    I did until I tried a 5mask run, got stunned and took about 300 sanity damage, into the rez, into a stun, 500 sanity damage into death. Maybe a 1.5 pack. Need to make stuns on a dr or reduce them
    There's a new cooking recipe in 8.3 that reduces the duration of incoming CC in visions, but all of the stun abilities you'll run into should be avoidable. It's usually trash mobs that have them, either as an interruptible cast or as a frontal cone/aoe with a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This is another situation where "casuals" are handicapped because the game is just overreliant on addons. I personally hate it. Can't raid without weak auras, can't m+ without weak auras, now can't even do solo content efficiently without wa. People who play with minimally modded default UI are at bigger and bigger disadvantage with every passing expansion. So there's not only a gap of skill and gear but also UI. And it's not just the vanilla levels of "are you a clicker / keyboard turner" it's literally unplayable without addons.
    I wouldn't say that's the case for visions. I haven't used any addons for my runs and they're very doable even without the cloak being maxed out. Getting gift of the titans to proc on bosses is only really necessary if your strategy is to burst them down super fast or outright ignore their sanity mechanics for 20 seconds. Like most min/maxing, it'll help you beat stuff more easily at lower gear levels or compensate for playing certain specs, but it's definitely not an intended or required part of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    As Abraham Lincoln asked, "how many legs does a dog have, if you call a tail a leg?"

The answer is "four", because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.
    four is an acceptable answer, since ToV skirts the line.
    but it's def more than three.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    No, but you can. It's your personal choice to go down that rabbit hole, and label things "required".

I can think of a single WA that is absolutely necessary for me in M+: an interrupt tracker. But even if I don't have it, I would still be able to play a non-shaman healer role at 3k+ score and try to be oblivious to how the rest of the group manage their interrupts. There are QoL WAs that I'm really used to, such as Nnogga's party cooldown tracker or MDT. But losing them will not suddenly stop me from timing keys that I can time right now.

I have seen a top AWC player do hardcore PvE content with basically standard WoW UI. That was eye opening. You don't need 100 WAs to be good.

I did solo 5-mask clear of Orgrimmar without paying any attention to the Gift buff (I did not watch or read any guides, wanted to learn it on my own, so I just did not think I had to track any buffs). If I kept on failing, I would have a choice to either wait and try a couple of weeks later (causal approach), or to min-max the fuck out of it (like getting all WAs) and push for completing it now (hardcore approach). You don't have to choose the latter.
    in all fairness you don't really have anything like the elite fleshbeast in orgrimmar to completely destroy your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    This is a legitimate case to be raised to blizz as a whole. In many ways, i would like to agree, a game should be playable and enjoyable entiry on its own merits. But i have been using addons on wow since vanilla, and i was so stupid back then i had to be hand held to install ventrillo (it was literally a click to install thing, but still, dumb as shit kid). Whether players realize it or not, modding culture in game design has exploded in relevance, to the point where nowadays no game released to market is complete since patches and mods will inevitably be added later.

In a perfect world, it would be nice if addons were unncessary and just extra things that could add fun to an experience. But players now are so much more capable than developers as we outnumber them thousands of times over. Combine this with the reality that wow is also a game that has also grown with its own gaming meta culture and you end up with a situation where it seems hard to ignore mods to the game.

Worth remembering that blizzard has actually forbidden the use of specidic addons at various points in their history, but they simply cannot stop them all. They actively support sites like wowhead that has numerous links to boss mods and other tools to streamline gameplay. It has simply become another facet of the get good mentality in gaming discourse.
    I'm not hating on addons, I use them myself, and I defo don't hate the addon developers, they're helping people for free by spending their time developing addons so if they deserve anything it's praise. I just dislike how it takes Blizzard ages to add any elements to the basic UI and many are left in the state that they expect you to use addons for it.

Blizzard even admitted they develop content with expectation players will use addons so it means you're handicapped if you don't for whatever reason. If something like boss timers are required to be able to react to something, why aren't they a part of a basic ui?

At least they did add basic cooldown tracking for your own spells, but unfortunately it's broken for spells with charges so I still have to use an addon.

And yes, I know there are multiple wa for visions for example one that helps you track the colours of the potions, or one that tells you in how many minutes / seconds your sanity will be passively drained. I know you don't NEED to use them, I just feel there's a big disparity between people who say "it's super easy" and people who struggle. I'm somewhere in between - not doing tragically, not doing brilliantly either.

And yes I do already use the handy notes addon for vision so I'm not exactly going in blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The visions are excellent because you can partially progress and gradually improve - but yes, they are REALLY hard on some classes at the start, and TRIVIAL on the others. But all classes can build up further and further.

Just got my 5/5 achieve today ...

That's way better than the Mage Tower where you walked in and splat, no reward, no feedback, no improvement - or if your class/spec was doing a well balanced one, you walked in single shot it and it was done.
    I started today with just the long night mask. I ended the day with all the masks, their mogs, and my +4 mask achievements. Not touching the +5 until split personality is not on the menu.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Legion had 5, though.
    WoD, 3
    MoP, 4.
    Someone doesn't know what WoW tiers are. Imagine someone saying "Tier 12 is firelands" then, out of nowhere, pro player Kehego jumps in and says "no, tier 12 is the eye of eternity" and saves the day, lmao.

OT: You guys are insane if you think you need addons for visions, even for 5 masks runs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Someone doesn't know what WoW tiers are. Imagine someone saying "Tier 12 is firelands" then, out of nowhere, pro player Kehego jumps in and says "no, tier 12 is the eye of eternity" and saves the day, lmao.

OT: You guys are insane if you think you need addons for visions, even for 5 masks runs.
    doesn't make highmaul/msv/en less of a tier
    having a numbered tier appearance isn't what makes a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious how you, or anyone really, deals with Rexxar. He seems like the most troublesome boss in all the HV. Most people I see in full 5 mask clears just burn him down before his pets can drain to much sanity. But that's not really possible for me since those people deal double the DPS that I do somehow.
    Simple. I do it slowly. Don't throw up any dots, just smack away at him. When the add comes out switch and nuke it. I have my interrupt up and it dies. Return to Rexxar. Nice and slow. Interrupt it back before next pet comes out. It's totally a control fight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Good thing nobody thinks like you.

Good thing nobody thinks like you.
    It is bound to what blizzard thinks with cutting edge tho it is completely retarded since tiers like EN TOV NH was completely different.
    Thus it depends on context.
    If gear/power level/tier set - blizzard notion is incorrect
    If cutting edge raid intervals - blizzard notion is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is bound to what blizzard thinks with cutting edge tho it is completely retarded since tiers like EN TOV NH was completely different.
    Thus it depends on context.
    If gear/power level/tier set - blizzard notion is incorrect
    If cutting edge raid intervals - blizzard notion is correct.
    That has nothing to do with it. Cutting edge is just an achievement they added for prestige, not to define anything. Different gear levels are only incentives, otherwise people wouldn't bother running a new raid that drops the same shit from content 3 months old.

8.1 tier was Dazar'alor, 8.2 was Eternal Palace, 8.3 was Ny'alotha, the end.

They were part of a tier. How hard is it to understand it?

Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity were the same, first tier. Ulduar was second tier.
    Blackrock Descent, Bastion of Twilight and Throne of the Four Winds were the same, first tier. Firelands was second tier.
    Mogushan Vault, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring were the same, first tier. Throne of Thunder was second tier.
    Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry were the same, first tier. Hellfire Citadel was second and the last tier (which is why there was an outrage during WoD, because it had only two tiers, not three).
    Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor and Nighthold were the same, first tier. Tomb of Sargeras was second tier.
    Uldir and Battle for Dazar'alor were the same, first tier. Eternal Palace was second tier.

If you fail to recognize the pattern then it's your problem and your choice. But multiple people pointing out how you're wrong should be telling enough.

That has nothing to do with it. Cutting edge is just an achievement they added for prestige, not to define anything. Different gear levels are only incentives, otherwise people wouldn't bother running a new raid that drops the same shit from content 3 months old.

8.1 tier was Dazar'alor, 8.2 was Eternal Palace, 8.3 was Ny'alotha, the end.
    Wouldn't Uldir count as well? Or...why not? What's a 'raid tier'?

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Wouldn't Uldir count as well? Or...why not? What's a 'raid tier'?
    Tiers can contain more than one raid, which is the case since forever. But there's always a main raid that represents said tier.

When anyone says tier 7 it's obviously Naxxaramas and all the other raids with it, but Naxx is the main one. Emerald Nightmare is just like Uldir, a raid inside a tier, which are represented by Nighthold and Dazar'alor respectively. Raid tiers are defined by big patch cycles, "x.1" "x.2" "x.3". That's why everyone says WoD only had 2 tiers, since it was only 6.1 and 6.2.

If every raid was a tier, nobody would say Tier 8 was Ulduar or Tier 13 Dragon Soul.

Tiers can contain more than one raid, which is the case since forever. But there's always a main raid that represents said tier.

When anyone says tier 7 it's obviously Naxxaramas and all the other raids with it, but Naxx is the main one. Emerald Nightmare is just like Uldir, a raid inside a tier, which are represented by Nighthold and Dazar'alor respectively. Raid tiers are defined by big patch cycles, "x.1" "x.2" "x.3". That's why everyone says WoD only had 2 tiers, since it was only 6.1 and 6.2.

If every raid was a tier, nobody would say Tier 8 was Ulduar or Tier 13 Dragon Soul.
    Which is exactly why it's retarded and doesn't mean anything since your power level goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And im sure you run it with the masks.
    Yep.. pretty easy to solo 5 mask on my DH.