Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You don't need the skip for 5 mask run. Just go right instead, hug the obelisk to avoid pack with the big bug, kill pack of 4 small ones, cross water, kill another 4 small ones and you are next to free 200 sanity elite that will recoup you time spent on killing 2 packs before it. And the pack before Rexxar is needed to kill anyway to access the wind totem.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Rexxar is imo the most deadly boss in Org so I guess it makes sense to go to him last. At worst you get chests from other areas.
    I'm probably kind of weird but I don't have TOO much trouble with him, but I do agree he's the worst in there. I just dps him nice and slow to make sure my interrupt is up each time a pet comes at me and it goes pretty smoothly. Biggest problem is other stuff, like making sure the pet charging in doesn't knock you into a trap or split personality.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really depends on your class and spec. For my 5 mask Org run this week on my 456 Ret I had two orbs unused and nearly full sanity when I got to Thrall. And I got a 470 wrist with good stats and tier 3 Twilight Devastation. So yeah, it's certainly worth trying to get 5 mask clears.
    Imo the important thing is to play carefully. Speed is not what's important, the passive sanity drain at high cloak levels is not that big of a deal. CC is the problem. mess up one thing and then one effect can chain into another and eat through your sanity. On my 4 mask run I spend like 800 sanity on rexxar because I missed the haunting vision which had me run into a trap and then get hit by the fleshbeasts all with rexxar at 4%

- - - Updated - - -

Are the crystals even worth it?
    Depends how hungry you are for mementos. Finding all 10 crystals give you between 4-500 mementos iirc, so it's worth if you have the time to spare, but if 5-mask runs are stressful as they are for your spec/gear/skill level I wouldn't bother with them too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm probably kind of weird but I don't have TOO much trouble with him, but I do agree he's the worst in there. I just dps him nice and slow to make sure my interrupt is up each time a pet comes at me and it goes pretty smoothly. Biggest problem is other stuff, like making sure the pet charging in doesn't knock you into a trap or split personality.
    Rexxar is actually quite easy if you play to your dps output. If you have the dps, I wait for the internal cooldown of gift of the titans to proc, then pop an orb in his room, dps rexxar with full cooldowns until the orb is about to finish, then nuke down a pig. It procs gift and i finish rexxar off. Breath of the dying rank 3 is actually quite underappreciated in visions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, some specs have their interrupts on a 1 min cd, if they have it at all... The thing is that all the other bosses' shit can be avoided or there's typically a need for interrupt only once during the fight.

But the better the gear, the faster you can nuke Rexxar. My last (and 1st) 5 mask consisted of just nuking Rexxar using all cds / drums / pot. You don't need that for Thrall since the sanity drain is non existent at this point and all of his stuff can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah, some specs have their interrupts on a 1 min cd, if they have it at all... The thing is that all the other bosses' shit can be avoided or there's typically a need for interrupt only once during the fight.

But the better the gear, the faster you can nuke Rexxar. My last (and 1st) 5 mask consisted of just nuking Rexxar using all cds / drums / pot. You don't need that for Thrall since the sanity drain is non existent at this point and all of his stuff can be avoided.
    but thrall starts with 2 of the boars... way more dangerous than the staggered ones at rexxar if you ask me.

not sure how i'd handle the thrall boars without an orb to start the fight tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    but thrall starts with 2 of the boars... way more dangerous than the staggered ones at rexxar if you ask me.

Ah well, as balance druid I have it easy - hibernate one, nuke the other but any long term cc works on them

I'd do the same strat as for Rexxar. Wait for the internal cd on Gift of the Titans, nuke 1 boar to proc it, kill the other in safety!

If I'm not mistaken, Rexxar also rushes you with his last two boars at the same time. It's honestly a huge pain in 5 mask for me because I can barely kill one boar before the second cast after interrupting it's first.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I'd do the same strat as for Rexxar. Wait for the internal cd on Gift of the Titans, nuke 1 boar to proc it, kill the other in safety!
    That's assuming you get the proc - the chance is really high, but it's not 100%. If you get it after the second pig, you might be quite a bit behind on sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If this was the case, you'd see the raiding scene generally go away entirely within 2 expansions.
    No, since M+ I see raiding guilds to disappear ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Finished Stormwind 5 masks last week with cancer combo "Leaden Foot + Split Personality", never again.

Anyone have an overview for all of the special mobs you can kill for buffs in HV?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's assuming you get the proc - the chance is really high, but it's not 100%. If you get it after the second pig, you might be quite a bit behind on sanity.
    Everything is highly dependent upon class/spec. As a boomy on 5 mask clears, I also use drums on Rexxar, pop CA on pull, kill pigs as the come, treants/silence the last two, fights probably over in 15 seconds or less from start to finish. If you don't have interrupts/silences to stop the casts in the conventional method, stuns/knockbacks/immunities/<insert CC that works on beasts> work too. What I used to do for Rexxar (and I do it for Thrall now since I have 3 orbs when I get to him on 5 mask clears now) is just drop a sanity orb against a wall so the pig knockback doesn't bump me out of the room and take my time killing boards since you're immune to sanity drains... and the effective area of the sanity orb is much larger than the graphic. If Gift of the Titans procs, great... but I don't rely on it for killing major bosses.

In fact, I tend to rely on Gift of the Titans for killing certain elites instead as they tend to have unavoidable sanity loss mechanics (where boss sanity loss abilities can pretty much all be avoided/stopped in some form). For example, the elite in Org (forget his specific name) that picks you up and throws you is pretty much unavoidable sanity loss for most people. SW has a similar one in the Trade District, where the elite will chain cast and one interrupt alone is not enough. Fortunately, such elites can be killed within their respective zones at your leisure, so you can kill trash mobs in the area until GotT procs... then engage the elite immediately for 20 seconds of sanity loss prevention and increased DPS output as a bonus.

All this being said, I've found the elites I've mentioned above WAY more dangerous than the bosses themselves across multiple classes/specs. Regardless, if we consider our cloak's sanity loss reduction at level 14, it's still very feasible to take some sanity loss from elites/bosses and not feel pressured. Maybe Umbric in Stormwind is an exception, as he's dumb on so many levels and avoiding constant sanity drain is a chore for most. He's the only boss I always make sure I engage with full sanity on a 5 mask run, as I know I'm going to be taking a decent chunk of sanity damage since I'm only going to get one interrupt off the entire fight (and the cast is never at pets, either).

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Anyone have an overview for all of the special mobs you can kill for buffs in HV?
    There should be some articles on Wowhead that describe them. They certainly aren't required, even for a 5 mask clear, but some are nice. Only ones I'll even bother getting are the 10% damage buff in Dwarven District (where you dodge mines inside the building to get it on the 2nd floor) and the starting area in Org (he's in the blacksmith building near where the bad potion hut is located). There's some haste/crit ones that are nice, but there are versatility/HP ones that are fairly meh. The 10% damage ones are not only reliable, but also they're easy to obtain and generally have you killing mobs you'd normally kill anyways... basically, the time cost of getting this buff is pretty low in both SW and Org. Just keep in mind only two buff will be available per run, and each run will be different in terms of what's available.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-14 at 07:26 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Any mage had success with Mirror Images on Rexxar? I did one try with Rexxar and images, it was nuking Rexxar until he somehow gone outside the hutt and reseted. No vessels for another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Any mage had success with Mirror Images on Rexxar? I did one try with Rexxar and images, it was nuking Rexxar until he somehow gone outside the hutt and reseted. No vessels for another try.
    Probably one of the images got knocked out of the hut by a boar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    No, since M+ I see raiding guilds to disappear ...
    Problem wasn't JUST m+ (even though it contributed, many people care about getting gear and m+ provides faster way than raiding), the same expansion that introduced m+ introduced also AP / leggo grind, which made people quit or go casual and not bother. It also introduced titanforging, which again made people step down from more demanding difficulties into the easier ones because they could get 80% of the result for 20% of the effort.

A lot of people quit from raiding because of all the out-of-raid activities they were expected to do to "keep up with the Joneses", and that includes the weekly m+ chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Problem wasn't JUST m+ (even though it contributed, many people care about getting gear and m+ provides faster way than raiding), the same expansion that introduced m+ introduced also AP / leggo grind, which made people quit or go casual and not bother. It also introduced titanforging, which again made people step down from more demanding difficulties into the easier ones because they could get 80% of the result for 20% of the effort.

A lot of people quit from raiding because of all the out-of-raid activities they were expected to do to "keep up with the Joneses", and that includes the weekly m+ chest.
    It is not only about loot, time is also huge factor.
    M+ takes 30-40 min while raiding about 3 hours straight which is huge strain on irl or just simply boring or my back start to hurt.
    I rather do M+ 6 times for 30 min with 30 min breaks inbetween than raiding 180 min straight.
    Also, I dont need to be on discord listening to stupid jokes or raid-leader refusing to chance tactics.

And I must say I really enjoy M+, it is kinda strange it didnt get boring to me so far. Not that I do some high end keys, I do all from 3-15 on 4 characters. Just love it, raiding cant come even close to it for many reasons.

Anyone using Kbab foods for the 5-mask runs? I'm still not sure I'll be able to do them (I'm not bad, just losing my reflexes as I get older), but maybe if I can stop and chain-eat a few of those sanity-restoring foods it might help supplement the orbs? I dunno, just brainstorming while waiting for the cloak upgrade unlock this coming week.

The 20% movement speed from Baked Voidfin sounds like it'd be a plus there too.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-03-15 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Anyone using Kbab foods for the 5-mask runs? I'm still not sure I'll be able to do them (I'm not bad, just losing my reflexes as I get older), but maybe if I can stop and chain-eat a few of those sanity-restoring foods it might help supplement the orbs? I dunno, just brainstorming while waiting for the cloak upgrade unlock this coming week.

I use the movement speed one. From an overall point of view that gives me the most edge through the vision. Using 10 second to get 100 sanity is something you need to see for yourself. I think I would lose on that overall tbh. And it's a 3min cd on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

I use the speed food for every run. But for chugging the sanity food, you can should use them if you feel as if you're just barely missing your ideal time. Most of the time, the thing that's going to mess people up in 5 mask runs is getting caught in the wrong combo and losing all their sanity at once.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-15 at 05:35 AM.