Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For my main, DK, it is indeed easy.
    For my alts spriest/boomkin, it's not as easy. spriest is fine because of selfheal, but I struggle with my boomkin.
    Completely depends on gear/knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    With gear/skill/class, it's possible they are easy for a select few. The problem is those people trying to speak for a majority.
    or which is more liekly those people are already 470+ geared with fully developed trees + bis corruption + flasks/food/pots visions food etc

coming here and making fun out of 430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.
    Is around 1-5 cloack lvls since 2+ months of runs and emissary chests give you 450+ ilvl. If you don't play your char what right do you have to whine about content difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Is around 1-5 cloack lvls since 2+ months of runs and emissary chests give you 450+ ilvl. If you don't play your char what right do you have to whine about content difficulty?
    100% this, lol. if you did the absolute bare minimum (greater assault every week only) you'd have an almost maxed talent tree, 10-12 cape and 445-450 equipped, which is way more than you need to full clear with no masks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or which is more liekly those people are already 470+ geared with fully developed trees + bis corruption + flasks/food/pots visions food etc

coming here and making fun out of 430 , no corruption , no abilities in tree people.
    they deserve to be made fun of.
    if you don't gear/progress your character, how can you expect to clear content?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    100% this, lol. if you did the absolute bare minimum (greater assault every week only) you'd have an almost maxed talent tree, 10-12 cape and 445-450 equipped, which is way more than you need to full clear with no masks.
    I thought the recent discussion was around 5-mask runs. I don't really see many people complaining about no masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I thought the recent discussion was around 5-mask runs. I don't really see many people complaining about no masks.
    I do 3-4 on my 450 enhance shaman. Its probably possible to do 5 with what I have but I cba to try (loathe daredevil in stormwind)
    5mask runs are 100% just proccing gift at the right time and having enough dps to burn an elite with +125% increased hp/damage in the 20 second window

(I got my mad world a while ago, it isn't hard at all. Stormwind is harder than orgrimmar, but this is a very easy week for stormwind.)
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-03-20 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    (I got my mad world a while ago, it isn't hard at all. Stormwind is harder than orgrimmar, but this is a very easy week for stormwind.)
    Ah, see, this is the point of contention, I think. It may not have been hard for you, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard for others. Not because they are woefully undergeared or "lazy". RNG, class/spec, etc.. all have a role in the makeup of these runs, so their mileage may vary.

For myself, I'm a BM Hunter at about 452 ilvl and have maxed my cape (except for this week--I need to do two more runs for the quest items) and maxed skill tree (apart from purely group-related skills) but I have had poor luck in getting corrupted items with decent attributes/effects (I have 3-4 all with +crit effects...RNG strikes again), I don't seem to be able to get many Gift procs during boss fights--even after waiting a full 2 minutes before engaging--and frankly, as a guy with probably more years behind me than ahead of me at this point, my reaction speed is slowing down. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing a 5-mask run at all, but I'm at least enjoying myself trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ah, see, this is the point of contention, I think. It may not have been hard for you, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard for others. Not because they are woefully undergeared or "lazy". RNG, class/spec, etc.. all have a role in the makeup of these runs, so their mileage may vary.

For myself, I'm a BM Hunter at about 452 ilvl and have maxed my cape (except for this week--I need to do two more runs for the quest items) and maxed skill tree (apart from purely group-related skills) but I have had poor luck in getting corrupted items with decent attributes/effects (I have 3-4 all with +crit effects...RNG strikes again), I don't seem to be able to get many Gift procs during boss fights--even after waiting a full 2 minutes before engaging--and frankly, as a guy with probably more years behind me than ahead of me at this point, my reaction speed is slowing down. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing a 5-mask run at all, but I'm at least enjoying myself trying.
    just get the WA that tracks gift cd.
    you are at the low end and probably dont do enough damage to kill the 1 mob in stormwind that sucks ass, the unbound corruption in the mage quarter, but it really doesnt matter too much on bosses since most of the sanity damage is avoidable.

Actually, all of mage quarter sucks with low itemlevel.

+crit (Severe) is your best corruption as BM fyi. You're prob gonna see more bursty shenanigans with like TD, but severe is what you should really be going for

Oh, that's the other thing, I know I should not blush at getting corruption above 40, but the HUGE radius of the eye debuff in Stormwind is horrible.

I actually prefer leaden feet when it comes to Mage Quarter over Split Personality. A bad proc of SP against the elite in the mid can really screw you over, plus it sucks when you’re blocked from going anywhere because the opening didn’t spawn because it would be in a wall. At least with leaden feet you can throw something at an enemy and have them come to you, and it’s not hard to move/stop/move/stop/etc on the elite during LF. LF is t really noticeable except on Umbric, but AFAIK, don’t all melee have something that helps them bypass it a bit? Can’t Warriors Leap, monks use transendance/roll, DKs have Death’s Advance and it’s passive, Rogues possibly Shadowmeld, and Paladins have Freedom? It’s not like it even takes long to completely clear your stacks.

Not at all. When I try to sleep they just come to me. I can't contain it much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I actually prefer leaden feet when it comes to Mage Quarter over Split Personality. A bad proc of SP against the elite in the mid can really screw you over, plus it sucks when you’re blocked from going anywhere because the opening didn’t spawn because it would be in a wall. At least with leaden feet you can throw something at an enemy and have them come to you, and it’s not hard to move/stop/move/stop/etc on the elite during LF. LF is t really noticeable except on Umbric, but AFAIK, don’t all melee have something that helps them bypass it a bit? Can’t Warriors Leap, monks use transendance/roll, DKs have Death’s Advance and it’s passive, Rogues possibly Shadowmeld, and Paladins have Freedom? It’s not like it even takes long to completely clear your stacks.
    Especially annoying when going up that path to the mage tower proper. when I see the thing coming, I just sigh in resignation, stop and wait until those things go away, knowing I will lose sanity one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    that's why generally the plan is to pull that mob with gift up, so you can just run through the puddles/tank a breath if needed

And yeah all melee can bypass it and all casters can drop a summon to break the ice wall, except mages I think lol

Split+leaden are kinda terrible together but really only in mage quarter

I just managed to clear stormwind with hunter, 5 masks, without using even a single orb and without wasting cheat death. From start to finish, I just picked up chests that were along the way and picked up 3 crystals. Equipped Ilvl 462, 45 corruption, fully upgraded research and R14 cloak.

Is it easy? For hunter is unbelievably easy. For other classes not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I just managed to clear stormwind with hunter, 5 masks, without using even a single orb and without wasting cheat death. From start to finish, I just picked up chests that were along the way and picked up 3 crystals. Equipped Ilvl 462, 45 corruption, fully upgraded research and R14 cloak.

Is it easy? For hunter is unbelievably easy. For other classes not so much.
    its incredibly easy on hunter, maybe easier than DH

Was able to do 5 mask on my alt this week too, kinda expected it to be RIP but went surprisingly smooth. Had a hiccup on Shaw where I goofed and proc'd my cheat death but the rest was fairly chill and even Alleria felt a lot easier when you played it safe rather than panicking and trying to do as much as possible. I think once you learn to pull around Gift procs, utilizing the sanity elixirs and just keeping cool in situations where freaking out might lead to mistakes and sanity loss makes all the difference. Like split personality plus the fear can be bad but if you make sure you're standing in good spots you will always have an exit. An early mistake I would do would be to hug a wall and ofc the exit to the split personality is inside the wall. Small stupid things like this is something you can easily train to not make.

I got my rank 3 cloak and now I am done with them really. I liked them, they were ok at the start but I learned pretty quick some classes have a much easier time doing them then others and that killed some of my enjoyment
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Was able to do 5 mask on my alt this week too, kinda expected it to be RIP but went surprisingly smooth. Had a hiccup on Shaw where I goofed and proc'd my cheat death but the rest was fairly chill and even Alleria felt a lot easier when you played it safe rather than panicking and trying to do as much as possible. I think once you learn to pull around Gift procs, utilizing the sanity elixirs and just keeping cool in situations where freaking out might lead to mistakes and sanity loss makes all the difference. Like split personality plus the fear can be bad but if you make sure you're standing in good spots you will always have an exit. An early mistake I would do would be to hug a wall and ofc the exit to the split personality is inside the wall. Small stupid things like this is something you can easily train to not make.
    correct.
    5 masking isn't a zerg.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I got my rank 3 cloak and now I am done with them really. I liked them, they were ok at the start but I learned pretty quick some classes have a much easier time doing them then others and that killed some of my enjoyment
    Rank 3 is, what, two boss kills, with zero exploration? And all it took for you to drop it was realizing that different classes perform differently? Something that's true for every single type of content other than pet battles? You do you, but that's not exactly a convincing reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Rank 3 is, what, two boss kills, with zero exploration? And all it took for you to drop it was realizing that different classes perform differently? Something that's true for every single type of content other than pet battles? You do you, but that's not exactly a convincing reasoning.
    I assume that they mean the third grade of cloak with the different 'mog and the final ability.

Me, I think having something essential to progression and character advancement behind content that is supposedly okay for both solo and group play, and yet much easier for some classes to solo than others is an issue, and it's always been an issue. It was annoying enough when some classes and specs were better at grinding gold or rep, but when a key item that you're expected to have to progress in the current raid is behind content that's unbalanced like that it's a problem.