Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    If that content is supposed to be the hardest solo challenge this game has currently to offer, with exclusive title and mount rewards tied to it, yeah, it kinda is.
    and the iltv you did it with was 450 i bet.

not by any chance 475 + with 2-3 bis corruptions.

Just went through Orgrimmar 5 mask without any orbs or the 500 sanity cheat death needed (even after letting Thrall stun me twice), lol. This is actually quite sad.
    well that's the thing about wow solo content, really

assuming you actually play, it gets "nerfed" before you even cap out with gear.

If that content is supposed to be the hardest solo challenge this game has currently to offer, with exclusive title and mount rewards tied to it, yeah, it kinda is.
    its no different then mage tower. 3/4 of them could be completly overpowered with normal raiding gear.

the only ones which yu couldnt faceroll were the ones with one shot mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its no different then mage tower. 3/4 of them could be completly overpowered with normal raiding gear.

exactly, so none of them.

The bugs are starting to irk me.
    The jumping madness (hot feet or whatever) cost me one try because it made my toon jump towards one wall in a Drag hut and I became stuck.
    Also the horrific figment add spawned while I was using a teleporter from Valley of Wisdom and as a result I couldn't orb. Couldn't even kill the add either, just became stuck in combat. Made it as far as the miniboss in Rexxar area and then died because of sanity.
    Not surr if a worm mount and a title is worth it.

and the iltv you did it with was 450 i bet.

not by any chance 475 + with 2-3 bis corruptions.
    Well, point regarding ilvl taken. I am running at 0 corruption though because I don't wish to be slowed or have to run out of (yet another) circle during crucial moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Mage tower was released one whole tier earlier than visions. It makes sense that it could be easily outgeared with Argus gear.
    Visions don't.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage tower was released one whole tier earlier than visions. It makes sense that it could be easily outgeared with Argus gear.
    Visions don't.
    Visions have two self-nerfing mechanics which are worth just as much as "one whole tier", if not more.

Well, point regarding ilvl taken. I am running at 0 corruption though because I don't wish to be slowed or have to run out of (yet another) circle during crucial moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Visions don't.
    true but blizzard clearly learned their lesson

and seen enormous uptake on number of people runing mage tower once they got their artifact automaticly to max level , before that barely anyone even touched mage towers.

i bet diamonds against nuts that its exackly why they tuned visions this way

at the end of day they are just a funny little game to spend time on .

95% of playerbase wont even try out 1 mask it anyway . and 1 mask awards what 450 itlv ? thats garbage gear compared to 460 pieces from afking in WF.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Visions have two self-nerfing mechanics which are worth just as much as "one whole tier", if not more.
    Mage tower was already fairly trivial for some classes once you got Tomb HC gear and knew your class. So in that regard this is pretty similar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Mage tower was already fairly trivial for some classes once you got Tomb HC gear and knew your class. So in that regard this is pretty similar.
    That's the point? The only difference is that those nerfs are in the same tier and directly integrated into the content, rather than "wait few months for better items". You do Visions, upgrade your cloak, while also collecting resources and spending them on research.

I'm still not sure what the bugs actually do once you get 5 - though the affix does stress me out because of the visual and the constant reminder to jump. Combined with the volcanic feet that knocks you around like a ping pong ball (usually in the worst way possible) I actually think it's far worse than lead feet or split personality.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's the point? The only difference is that those nerfs are in the same tier and directly integrated into the content, rather than "wait few months for better items". You do Visions, upgrade your cloak, while also collecting resources and spending them on research.
    Most of the people experiencing difficulty are the ones who killed just thrall/alleria for several weeks to upgrade their cloak only, and have 0 mementos. Elite extermination at best.

Replying to OP - I do enjoy Horrific Visions, yes, and I hope for more challenging and rewarding solo-friendly content in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is not only it, you also waste time clicking on them. But essentially yes, when they expire they have similar effects to stun/disorient/fear. They are just not worth the small gain.

BUT clicking on a target dummy NPC gives you dmg buff and killing mob in bank gives you crit buff. Quite significant without drawbacks.

By the way, visions are giving you 470 for 5 mask run and 465 for 4 mask run, and you don't have to really not use orbs like I did. It was just a challenge I set myself: Madder world. Maybe I will also try doing "Maddest world" by also not using sanity restoring flasks. Should be possible.

Mage quarter - you cheese it with toys or azerite guardian. It takes quite some tries but satisfaction is worth it (or you can just do it with hunter if you want ez mode).

Lets top this a bit notch and have some community challenge shall we?

Maddest world
    1. No buffs whatsoever
    2. No flasks
    3. No sanity restoration from potions/food
    4. No mob skipping
    5. 5 masks
    6. Solo
    7. No orb usage
    8. No cheat death proc

Obviously both visions and you must record them
    As long as you drink 2 of each potion you are good. It increases the 5 minute to 20 minutes. Which should be enough time to complete the vision. If you drink 3 it goes to 60 minutes I believe. Just wanted to point that out. I personally ignore potions beyond the +100 sanity as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm still not sure what the bugs actually do once you get 5 - though the affix does stress me out because of the visual and the constant reminder to jump. Combined with the volcanic feet that knocks you around like a ping pong ball (usually in the worst way possible) I actually think it's far worse than lead feet or split personality.
    stop spamming movement keys when you dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As long as you drink 2 of each potion you are good. It increases the 5 minute to 20 minutes. Which should be enough time to complete the vision. If you drink 3 it goes to 60 minutes I believe. Just wanted to point that out. I personally ignore potions beyond the +100 sanity as well.
    5 mask 0 orb this week is actually stupidly easy. I did it 3 times just fishing for corruption

What are the madnesses this week (including the ones from mask)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    stop spamming movement keys when you dps.
    As a melee dps this is the hardest thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    As a melee dps this is the hardest thing..
    I know, but one you learn to calm down it basically trivializes the hot feet madness. There's only like 2 dangerous mobs in the drag anyway so you can basically kill the first dominator, sprint to the end, interrupt the 2nd and aoe everything down

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    5 mask 0 orb this week is actually stupidly easy. I did it 3 times just fishing for corruption
    I did my first 5 mask run today with plenty of time to spare, even though I didn't drink any potion, don't have any weakaura and I played horribly (I managed to proc my cheat death by being stunned repeatedly by the Valley of spirits boss, I got stunned a couple of times by The Drag boss). It's very easy this week even though I did atrocious mistakes.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-25 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    From what I remember, it only bumps it another 15 minutes after the first one. So from 20 to 35. Regardless, it's more than enough time for the vision. I usually also only get potions like reduced damage and healing if I see a pair in the same areas. I avoid just taking everything out of fear of not finding another one to boost it to 20 minutes.