Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't believe people think mage tower was easy like visions. Seriously, we are on the same tier visions were released and it's so damn easy right now that it's sad. I don't even know why there's a FOS linked to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I can't believe people think mage tower was easy like visions. Seriously, we are on the same tier visions were released and it's so damn easy right now that it's sad. I don't even know why there's a FOS linked to it.
    I can't believe anyone would think mage tower was even remotely as hard as visions. Mage tower in current tier but raid gear was so damn easy i went with heroic gear affli warlock and did it on 2nd try without knowing how to play this spec properly, and I didn't even had this legendary that perma slowed enemy on corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I can't believe anyone would think mage tower was even remotely as hard as visions. Mage tower in current tier but raid gear was so damn easy i went with heroic gear affli warlock and did it on 2nd try without knowing how to play this spec properly, and I didn't even had this legendary that perma slowed enemy on corruption.
    Nice try, visions still easy as fuck.

I suppose it depends on which class and which spec. I remember only being able to do Afflic once I got the legendary ring, and the other specs were far easier. But it was the kind of thing that if you fuck up once, you're already behind, twice, it's over.

I imagineyou could compare that with Visions and the failsafe the first time, but visions 5 man is honestly a joke after you manage to handle the Gift proc properly. Even Stormwind is kind of a joke once you pace yourself properly. You barely need to use an orb after you do it right. There was nothing easy as that with the mage tower.

Nice try, visions still easy as fuck.
    Class, spec and item level you did 5 masks the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Class, spec and item level you did 5 masks the first time?
    Ele shaman and Prot paladin 460ilvl~ with cloak 11 or 12, can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildmann View Post
    I suppose it depends on which class and which spec. I remember only being able to do Afflic once I got the legendary ring, and the other specs were far easier. But it was the kind of thing that if you fuck up once, you're already behind, twice, it's over.

I imagineyou could compare that with Visions and the failsafe the first time, but visions 5 man is honestly a joke after you manage to handle the Gift proc properly. Even Stormwind is kind of a joke once you pace yourself properly. You barely need to use an orb after you do it right. There was nothing easy as that with the mage tower.
    The thing is, visions barely have mechanics. With cloak rank 15 it's just ridiculous, absolute 0 challenge, you simply cannot fail. At least mage tower you could still fail because of mechanics.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2020-03-25 at 06:59 PM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    comparing visions to mage tower is useless...

the day it opened, I pushed with my prot warr mage tower with 150+ attempts beating it afterwards...

Then I went on my shitty geared Monk and 2 shotted the same "challenge" (1st attempt I rolled off the cliff)

Then I tryed Veng DH and did the same

Blood DK took me like 10

Bear was quite easy too at around 15

and last one I did prot pala that took me 50+

Also, Mage tower rewarded a cosmetic while Visions rewards gear and you can "customise" you run with masks

I hope Thorgast will have something like masks, less rng with madnesses and probably procedurally generated terrain like Diablo 3 rifts (might in turn ruin the whole thing so I'm cautious on that)

Yeah I did a 5 mask run today and it was painfully easy. Not even remotely as hard as it was last time I tried it. Guess my complaint is the game doesn't actually give you time to improve, but rather, it nerfs the content down to you. Like I missed the bandwagon to actually be challenged.

As I said before, this is why challenging content and limited attempts don't mix well together. Another point for Mage Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    I hope Thorgast will have something like masks, less rng with madnesses and probably procedurally generated terrain like Diablo 3 rifts (might in turn ruin the whole thing so I'm cautious on that)
    If it's challenging and there isn't bullshit like Titanforging Explosive charges in a M+ dungeon then I can see this working out pretty well. Procedurally generated content has the innate challenge of the unknown which will make each dungeon a unique experience. There is a potential for frustration as well but this is a pretty good idea. I hope we see something like this.

Now try with Enhanc at 460 ilvl. I don't think it's hard but it's definitely harder for some specs more than others and it gets easier because people overgear it as well.
    I think at the start of the visions you should have an option where you would have your item level fixed and only like that you would be able to get the FoS. But for that they would have to balance it by spec too which will never happen.

Also, you would be surprised how few % of people can do 5 masks.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2020-03-25 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I think mage towers were vastly superior. I prefer boss fights with mechanical challenges. This speedrun format with random inconvenient affixes doesn't really do it for me. It's also annoying that it is dramatically easier for certain classes/specs.
    I prefer having a reason to do something after doing it once. Mage tower fights did not have that.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, visions barely have mechanics. With cloak rank 15 it's just ridiculous, absolute 0 challenge, you simply cannot fail. At least mage tower you could still fail because of mechanics.
    If you choose to run zero to 3 masks in a group, that would be true. If you do solo 5mask runs as a non-warrior or some casters, its not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah I did a 5 mask run today and it was painfully easy. Not even remotely as hard as it was last time I tried it. Guess my complaint is the game doesn't actually give you time to improve, but rather, it nerfs the content down to you. Like I missed the bandwagon to actually be challenged.

As I said before, this is why challenging content and limited attempts don't mix well together. Another point for Mage Towers.
    How is that a point for mage tower? Killing a joke boss once for a transmog wasnt challenging...

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Now try with Enhanc at 460 ilvl. I don't think it's hard but it's definitely harder for some specs more than others and it gets easier because people overgear it as well.
    I think at the start of the visions you should have an option where you would have your item level fixed and only like that you would be able to get the FoS. But for that they would have to balance it by spec too which will never happen.

Also, you would be surprised how few % of people can do 5 masks.
    Well what a coincidence, I changed to enhanc a few weeks ago and I'm doing way better as enhanc, it's much easier. Not that it's a surprise, visions are a pain for casters in general.

I know, the % of people that can actually run 5 masks is pretty low, but let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of players is extremely bad, you should never compare you with the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you choose to run zero to 3 masks in a group, that would be true. If you do solo 5mask runs as a non-warrior or some casters, its not.
    All solo dude. I was running duo with a friend in the beginning but he stopped doing visions for some time now. Currently I'm playing 8 toons:

-Enhanc shaman
    -Prot Pally
    -Brewmaster monk
    -Fury warrior
    -Frost Mage
    -Destro lock
    -Outlaw rogue
    -Spriest

Since last week I've been doing 5 masks full clears with all toons without putting any effort at all. Even the alts I had no confidence were pretty easy, I should have tried 5 masks before with them. Heal food helps a lot as well.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2020-03-25 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I prefer having a reason to do something after doing it once. Mage tower fights did not have that.
    Yeah but there were 36 total mage towers. I only did it on 5 characters (so 15 total), but that took a while and gave me a reason to actually play and gear my alts with a goal in mind. I did visions because I felt obligated to for the power increase, but I won't ever return to them or do them on alts because I find them tedious and uninteresting.

Mage tower was easy in ToS gear.
    Mage tower released before ToS did, though. Same tier, but there was like a couple weeks before Tomb released in earnest

Well what a coincidence, I changed to enhanc a few weeks ago and I'm doing way better as enhanc, it's much easier. Not that it's a surprise, visions are a pain for casters in general.

I know, the % of people that can actually run 5 masks is pretty low, but let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of players is extremely bad, you should never compare you with the average.

All solo dude. I was running duo with a friend in the beginning but he stopped doing visions for some time now. Currently I'm playing 8 toons:

-Enhanc shaman
    -Prot Pally
    -Brewmaster monk
    -Fury warrior
    -Frost Mage
    -Destro lock
    -Outlaw rogue
    -Spriest

Since last week I've been doing 5 masks full clears with all toons without putting any effort at all. Even the alts I had no confidence were pretty easy, I should have tried 5 masks before with them. Heal food helps a lot as well.
    Wow, 5 masking on 8 characters? Thats a lot of dailies/assaults, pretty hardcore.
    Btw, what ilvl are those characters? Im 5 masking on shaman and dk, but on 450 brewmaster cant do 3 masks, low dps

it was challenging when all the good players got it, 2-3 weeks ago.
    cape basically hard nerfs the visions. but eh, they made something that they know the low hanging fruit can get so

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but there were 36 total mage towers. I only did it on 5 characters (so 15 total), but that took a while and gave me a reason to actually play and gear my alts with a goal in mind. I did visions because I felt obligated to for the power increase, but I won't ever return to them or do them on alts because I find them tedious and uninteresting.
    the challenge of doing all 36 mage towers was leveling 12 toons to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Wow, 5 masking on 8 characters? Thats a lot of dailies/assaults, pretty hardcore.
    Btw, what ilvl are those characters? Im 5 masking on shaman and dk, but on 450 brewmaster cant do 3 masks, low dps
    I only do assaults on my alts and main, that's like 3 assaults per toon, not that much to be honest.

They are all 460~470. And yes, brewmaster fucking sux if you don't have echoing void/twilight devastation or even twisted appendage, which I don't. It's the toon that takes the most time to complete a run.

Another point for Mage Towers.
    i did mage tower after like 5-10 tries for each of my 3 specs, then that content was over.
    only reason i didnt get all 3 done day one was because of the currency cost, yes each attempt did cost quite a grindy amount in the beginning, people seem to have forgotten that.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-03-26 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    the challenge of doing all 36 mage towers was leveling 12 toons to 110.
    I've had every class around max level since Wrath, so that wasn't really an issue. I only did 5 because I wasn't enjoying the others at the time.

I've had every class around max level since Wrath, so that wasn't really an issue. I only did 5 because I wasn't enjoying the others at the time.
    it was a tongue in cheek statement, fam