Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    With the first clear happening 40 minutes and 32 seconds after launch, I wanna hear what the people who thought it would take days to clear are thinking.
    they "think" naxx will be harder. what they really are, is delusional lmao the only hard part about vanilla is getting your raiders to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Alright, enough with the no changes crap.

Changes have been made, it's time for more.

They need to massively buff the raids or people will lose interest. It's too easy.

1.12 talents and itemization and the 16 debuff cap trivializes things too much.

Going forward they should change things to preserve the spirit of vanilla. Oneshotting a new raid in under 1 hour is not the spirit of vanilla.

Increase boss health by 300%, increase armor and resistance values by 20% and increase all damage done by them by 100%.
    No changes stupid, if you don't like faceroll raids in vanilla in terms of difficulty. Then you can go right back to retail for Mythic, there is the challenge for you. Stop letting you're ''Raids has to last more than 1 hour for it to be considered spirit of Vanilla.'' mentality change what raid clearing in Classic has become in the present day. Times have changed since Vanilla OG raiding, get with them or go back to Retail where you can have hard difficulty (mythic) raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Alright, enough with the no changes crap.

Changes have been made, it's time for more.

They need to massively buff the raids or people will lose interest. It's too easy.

1.12 talents and itemization and the 16 debuff cap trivializes things too much.

Going forward they should change things to preserve the spirit of vanilla. Oneshotting a new raid in under 1 hour is not the spirit of vanilla.

Increase boss health by 300%, increase armor and resistance values by 20% and increase all damage done by them by 100%.
    While I agree with changes to preserve vanilla spirit, this is massively premature. Lets see how all the other guilds do.

Not even an hour

bUt VaNiLlA iS mUcH hArDeR tHaN rEtAiL omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    It was exactly that easy. Man, this was such an amazing race. Less than an hour after reset the raid was cleared.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    bUt VaNiLlA iS mUcH hArDeR tHaN rEtAiL omegalul
    It is if you don't overgear content and have 15 years of experience. I blame binge culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    8/8 Nefarian down, well this didn't go as I expected. 41 minutes until release and BWL is cleared.

Well, AQ40 will be interesting and Naxx for sure.
    what's your guess this time?

BWL clear time:
    APES 32:34
    Progress 38:56
    Calamity 40:23

That's what matters lol

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...2#metric=speed

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    It is if you don't overgear content and have 15 years of experience. I blame binge culture.
    even if you don't binge and have "appropriate amount of gear", the content is still very easy. People that played during vanilla probably remember how many deadweight they carry in a 40man raid, while the not-as-dead-weight don't even know how to optimize their performance. Information being widely available for 15 years definitely is the biggest factor, and when many people's BIS (especially pre-MC) are just greens from the AH, it is very easy to gear up to a competitive level.

Things will be the same for AQ (nature resist gear is attainable outside of raid, if you even need it for Huhuran) and probably Naxx. Back in Vanilla I know you had to farm frost resist mats inside the instance to do Sapphiron, but heck, even that might have been bypassed on private servers already and deemed unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    what's your guess this time?
    4-5 days.

Followed by complete shock that these raids, too, take less than an hour to clear. Maybe Naxx lasts two hours because there's more trash... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    4-5 days.

Followed by complete shock that these raids, too, take less than an hour to clear. Maybe Naxx lasts two hours because there's more trash... LOL.
    i think AQ will take longer than an hour because it's a super long walk without mounts, especially if your raid derps and gets eye beamed by C'thun before you even try to pull

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    With the first clear happening 40 minutes and 32 seconds after launch, I wanna hear what the people who thought it would take days to clear are thinking.
    These people didn't have any idea what was happening on the private server scene TBH. They were judging it based on their memory of vanilla, which was very fallible and didn't take many things into consideration.

40 Minutes huh? That's actually hilarious.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

First entire clear in 40 minutes my fucking sides

wowzers
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    40 Minutes huh? That's actually hilarious.
    you know what I'm surprised about? The instance not actually bugged in some way.

Smol Indie company you know

you know what I'm surprised about? The instance not actually bugged in some way.

Smol Indie company you know
    They had 15 years to work out the bugs. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

i think AQ will take longer than an hour because it's a super long walk without mounts, especially if your raid derps and gets eye beamed by C'thun before you even try to pull
    It's funny when the difficulty of an instance should be measured by how many failure mechanics the trash environments have. #ClassicRaiding

they already cleared that shit thousands of times on pservers. It's like our guild clearing eternal palace on mythic in less than 2 hours.. Nothing special.

I'm not in the "Classic Speedrunning" community, but what's the exact criteria for counting race time?
    Example, in Super Mario Bros speed running it's from the moment you can control Mario until you touch the axe, timed to the millisecond.
    Or in Golden Eye it's the game displayed clock time for a given level.
    In Classic raiding, does it start the moment you enter combat with the first trash pull or first boss pull as a general rule?
    (I know BWL is special as you basically start on Razorgore and not trash like in MC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

Watching guilds wipe repeatably to this shit is some of the most entertaining content I've seen.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I'm not in the "Classic Speedrunning" community, but what's the exact criteria for counting race time?
    Example, in Super Mario Bros speed running it's from the moment you can control Mario until you touch the axe, timed to the millisecond.
    Or in Golden Eye it's the game displayed clock time for a given level.
    In Classic raiding, does it start the moment you enter combat with the first trash pull or first boss pull as a general rule?
    (I know BWL is special as you basically start on Razorgore and not trash like in MC)
    Whichever criteria makes you look better is the one so you can then spam on every social media "FUCK X GUILD AUHSUHASUHAUEDGHKASGUDASGUKADG". Atleast that's what was happening on private servers and is happening now in classic.