Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear, did you really just finish off by awkwardly trying to insult everyone by saying "you are younger than me"? Yuk.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thats how competitions work - sometimes things go your way, sometimes they dont. The key is to accept the outcome in a mature way, instead of shifting goalposts and whining and whinging, while making endless excuses.
    yea but when i get a 10 min faster clear time i'd call that one a win for me lul

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Incorrect. "Technically" is used to point out a different meaning or interpretation based on even the slightest bit of objectivity, not precise facts.
    technically



    1.according to the facts or exact meaning of something; strictly.


    Just in case you missed it the first time.

  3. #663
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    It was re-release not release. What are you talking about
    weird. has its own trademarks. its own servers. is newly named. seems like its World of Warcraft: Classic. Not World of Warcraft.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    IDGAF who won this "race", nor am I invested in any of the guilds involved.

    "WF" is meaningless in WoW Classic, and the race lasted less than 45 minutes. Way more people care about clear times and parses than who cleared a 15 year old raid first.
    They only care because apes came third. It's hard to believe that a guild who choked so hard after years of practise came third but it's just dishonest to move the goal posts like that. Is it pure shock by the fanbois that have moved these goal posts? It doen't really matter I guess because who really cares what the minions of a third ranked guild think though. If I was apes I would be pretty disappointed though. Especially after all of that exploiting they did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Imagine If someone trained running just to run as little as possible
    That's a pretty good definition of a track athlete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #665
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,510
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    30 minutes including like 3 hours of preparation maybe
    it was 30 minutes after the raid went live.
    yes the first was at 40 mins
    but apes logged on and ocudlnt enter the raid.
    but once they did they completed it in 30:32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    We wasted at least an hour and a half with bugs though. We only raid 3 hours.
    Getting rekt by trash and bosses are not bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    yea but when i get a 10 min faster clear time i'd call that one a win for me lul
    If you sit on the start grid while everyone else completes their laps, and then charge off at the end and complete your laps faster than theirs, but after the winner has already finished, you didnt win. The timer starts when the race starts, not when you start.

    To put it in perspective, this thread is called World First Progression Thread - Not World Fastest BWL clear

  8. #668
    Imagine caring about a world-first "race" that concludes in under an Hour. Let's be real guilds like APES would not even be in the top 1000 on Retail. When any trash mob has more abilities than every Boss fight in Classic you have to realize that there is no race at all. It's about who is not braindead and starts first to kill bosses. Such a Drama for literally nothing special just because a guild that is stuck in the past did not win.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was 30 minutes after the raid went live.
    yes the first was at 40 mins
    but apes logged on and ocudlnt enter the raid.
    but once they did they completed it in 30:32
    And in a speed run / worlds fastest clear competition, they would be the winner! But not in a world first race.

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    What is there to be embarassed about? Starting 7 mins late and finishing seconds after guilds who managed to zone in immediately?

    Are we supposed to be embarrassed about the fact that we're the best?
    The best at moving goal posts? I don't know. You're pretty good but I think Method is better. Not only are apes a third ranked guild now, they can't even spin as good as retailers. I guess apes will have the next 6 months to think up excuses for when they choke in AQ40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was 30 minutes after the raid went live.
    yes the first was at 40 mins
    but apes logged on and ocudlnt enter the raid.
    but once they did they completed it in 30:32
    Third is third. Just let it go. Now they have even more time to prepare for AQ40.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Third is third. Just let it go. Now they have even more time to prepare for AQ40.
    They wont let it go - their egos have been very publicly crushed.

    edit - i dont believe Fel is a member of APES...

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Perhaps. But then again, what's fun in just logging in once a week for 2 hours to clear a raid that is, lets be honest, really boring?
    Eeh what do you mean by fun? I don't have more time than that anymore for this game. Our guild is mainly 30ys+ with family and job.

    People have to stop bitching about stuff being too easy, when in reality it's not easy when you have no knowledge of the encounter. Whoever clears bwl in one setting has probably a bunch of people who know all strats in and out, organize world buffs, throw flasks in, etc.

    When i hear about people spending over 1k gold in preparation for bwl i have to laugh. I barely collected 1k for my epic and now I'm sitting at 50g straight for weeks.
    Anyway, it's only easy because people have been doing it like every day for 15 years.

    Casual guilds will still have fun.

  14. #674
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Third is third. Just let it go. Now they have even more time to prepare for AQ40.
    what?
    i know they were third.
    but they did it in 30 minutes, just after launch, that is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  15. #675
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They only care because apes came third. It's hard to believe that a guild who choked so hard after years of practise came third but it's just dishonest to move the goal posts like that. Is it pure shock by the fanbois that have moved these goal posts? It doen't really matter I guess because who really cares what the minions of a third ranked guild think though. If I was apes I would be pretty disappointed though. Especially after all of that exploiting they did.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's a pretty good definition of a track athlete.
    I'm not talking about WF races, I'm talking about the things that people track constantly while raiding in WoW Classic.

    Way more people who raid in WoW Classic care about parses and clear times than the WF race which is essentially hyped up only by the guilds involved. Certainly everyone in my guild cares more about parsing at 95-99% and holding the fastest clear times on our server than we care about a contrived WF race.

    I don't know a single person who even bothered to watch the race. What's to watch? There's no meaningful progression, no learning, just the same boring sequence of BWL one-shots that we've seen/played on pservers for a decade.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  16. #676
    Gratz to APES for world first! And good job for the two smaller guilds. You almost got them

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was 30 minutes after the raid went live.
    yes the first was at 40 mins
    but apes logged on and ocudlnt enter the raid.
    but once they did they completed it in 30:32
    I'm sure nobody used any buffs, pots, nothing. They also didn't spend a second debating and deciding on best strats for years.

    No, not a minute of preparation. Just logged in and dicked all bosses away. Mhm.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Their clear time was 10 mins less lol

    I suspect they wren't first cuz u couldn't get* in via UBRS and the orb to BWL.

    Prob had to log on alts and clear out the tunnel first lul

    Anyone claiming world first over them should be embarrassed with their clear times

    it looks like the others didn't even invis pot at all.....Terrible run

    That's the only way to explain that massive gap in clear time
    If that's the reason they lost then they have wasted years of their lives. Literally wasted. Because they couldn't figure out how to zone into a raid.

    Comming third in a WF race can never be changed. Fastest clears can. That's why it is so sad to see the minions make excuses for apes. Not only do they have to deal with the knowledge that retardism cost them the race, they have to deal with people making excuses in their behalf. I know it isn't actual apes members doing this because that would be the most pathetic thing you could do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Funny how US people only think this way. I don't care or follow Classic scene but lets be real, the speedruns are the meta and what people focus on.
    If they were than can you explain apes YouTube video claiming world first? Is it because speed runs don't matter? Yes. It is because speed runs don't matter. The guild that trained the most, prepared the most and exploited the most came third and that will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Imagine caring about a world-first "race" that concludes in under an Hour. Let's be real guilds like APES would not even be in the top 1000 on Retail. When any trash mob has more abilities than every Boss fight in Classic you have to realize that there is no race at all. It's about who is not braindead and starts first to kill bosses. Such a Drama for literally nothing special just because a guild that is stuck in the past did not win.
    Of course there is no race. At least not a wf race. That has been done and gone. The best anyone can hope is a fastest clear race, which if anyone really cares that much I'm sorry but you have issues.
    Classic is nothing but a delusion. Imagine playing gta:sa today and complaining that the missions are easy because you now know the paths the ai takes

    Also lol at the vanilla private server guilds thinking they could ever compare to todays retail wf guilds.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-13 at 11:17 PM.

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm not talking about WF races, I'm talking about the things that people track constantly while raiding in WoW Classic.

    Way more people who raid in WoW Classic care about parses and clear times than the WF race which is essentially hyped up only by the guilds involved. Certainly everyone in my guild cares more about parsing at 95-99% and holding the fastest clear times on our server than we care about a contrived WF race.

    I don't know a single person who even bothered to watch the race. What's to watch? There's no meaningful progression, no learning, just the same boring sequence of BWL one-shots that we've seen/played on pservers for a decade.
    Since you are parsing @ 99%, where did your guild come in the world first race?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •