Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    That's just literally true though, which is what my point is. Without adding any personal feelings to the matter, the results are the results. I only have to bring it up because people keep trying to give excuses for why that isn't "really" the case.
    Except that what you followed up with betrayed your intent:

"The most tryhard (and arrogant) guild in Classic lost"

It's pretty clearly that you were trying to take a dig at them, and the fact that you're now trying to act all innocent is quite hilarious actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Except that what you followed up with betrayed your intent:

"The most tryhard (and arrogant) guild in Classic lost"

It's pretty clearly that you were trying to take a dig at them, and the fact that you're now trying to act all innocent is quite hilarious actually.
    Apes are arrogant assholes tho i played on gehennas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    So I ask again. If BFA resetted today, would it take 6 days to clear mythic Ny'Alotha?
    Limit would clear Nyalotha in 40min as well if it was released again.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    They definitely would not. The berserk was close to impossible to beat on N'zoth without the second reset of gear, particularly the extra corruption resistance. Could they clear it week 1? Maybe. Would it be 40 minutes? Fuck no.

Regardless, the implicit argument you guys are making is wrong on its face. Mythic Ny'Alotha is objectively harder than BWL by every reasonable measure of difficulty, and 15 years of practice on Ny'Alotha wouldn't change that.

We can compare to another raid, like say mythic HFC and mythic Archimonde in particular.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...etric=progress

https://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier18

BWL hasn't been out for a week and there's already been 2000 Nefarian kills, and that's just the ones recorded on WCL, which relies on self reporting, so you know there's been more than that.

HFC was out for over a year and only 2850 groups killed mythic Archimonde. Compare the dps of Method in their kill to the top ranks at the end of the tier. https://youtu.be/Vx6ipbVOWvY?t=751

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...99&partition=1

That's raw gear upgrades, not to mention nerfs to the boss. We're talking almost triple damage, not to mention the added utility of the legendary rings.

If we had an analogous situation, if regular guilds had to fight mythic Archimonde with the same gear and tuning Method had then, even if they had 30 years of extra game knowledge that wouldn't help them for shit. You'd be able to count the number of guilds that kill him week 1 on one hand. It certainly wouldn't be no 2000.

It'd be like if people had Sunwell gear for Nefarian and still had less than 3k kills on him after a year of progression. That's the gap between classic and retail in terms of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    You actually think that if BFA resetted. Limit would level from 1-120, re grind all essences, azerite pieces, getting all the gems, etc etc etc, and clear Ny'Alotha, all this in 6 days xD

Grow up.

Its easy. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ogress&boss=-1.

There you go.
    Here is classic: https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ogress&boss=-1

I'm comparing the hardest available content to the hardest available content.
    You're comparing the highest difficulty available from a raid that is current content from retail, with the second-lowest difficulty in Classic with 15 years of practice and theorycrafted classes and gearing that has been available for even before Classic itself was even released.

Erp derp.

Even Naxx will be cleared the first day. The guys who will do it have practiced for years on pserver, of course they're going to faceroll the fights they already know and already cleared. Just like Method can clear again with near 100 % success the fights they struggled two weeks to learn at the beginning.

Erp derp.

Let's compare it to the corresponding difficulty level :
    Oh look it's actually pretty much the same. And that's even without the 15 years headstart when it comes to preparation and theorycrafting.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-02-15 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You're comparing the highest difficulty available from a raid that is current content from retail, with the second-lowest difficulty in Classic with 15 years of practice and theorycrafted classes and gearing that has been available for even before Classic itself was even released.

Erp derp.

Even Naxx will be cleared the first day. The guys who will do it have practiced for years on pserver, of course they're going to faceroll the fights they already know and already cleared. Just like Method can clear again with near 100 % success the fights they struggled two weeks to learn at the beginning.

Erp derp.

Oh look it's actually pretty much the same. And that's even without the 15 years headstart when it comes to preparation and theorycrafting.

Even casual guilds are clearing it first day? I'm not talking about the top guilds who have played on private servers on Nostalrius since 2015 who clears it in 30 min. Even casuals, like my friends, cleared it within hours of entering.

Less % guilds have cleared Eternal Palace (7 month since release) then BWL first 12 hours.
    Why do you compare with normal? Are you saying that the hardest content available in classic is = normal?
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Wiping on LFR is definately possible, all in all you will not wipe much, however every once in a while there is a LFR boss where for some reason a lot of LFR groups have issues with.
    Yikes. I've never wiped on a LFR boss to my knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    You clearly did not do LFR very much in MoP.

Bosses like Garalon are the reason they added determination buffs after a wipe.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    You clearly did not do LFR at all, and maybe only couple of months after it's been released.
    I've been on Achimonde LRF with my mythic-cleared main trippling people dps and still wiped 7 times.

Heck, Uldir/BoD/EP had at least 1-3 bosses where people wiped couple of times. Pretty much every raid got one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

Erp derp.

Erp derp.

That is actually wrong.
    If you want to compare amount of guilds that cleared normal first day
    that would be like ~200 guilds first day for nyalotha:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...7600000&page=4
    and 65 on heroic.

That will give you a 265 groups killing nzoth normal or heroic first day

vs

1758 first day kills on Nefarian

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ss=617&page=36

And by first day i mean around 24-48h period of time.

Incomparable.

It's not all about "theorycrafting" and knowledge. When fights are easy, anyone with half brain can do it.

its over... cleared in 45 minutes. whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    its over... cleared in 45 minutes. whats next?
    More excuses.

Why do you compare with normal?
    It's explicitely spelled out in the very post you quote. So learn to read ? But maybe too much of your small brainpower is used to shitpost and there isn't enough left to process basic information ?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Damn, who pissed on your chips?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, it's not hard, but it's better than retail because it's actually fun and is back to WoW's roots. I used to raid hardcore from middle of Wrath and all through Cata and I'm still finding Classic really fun, no matter how simple it is
    huh?how is RAIDING in classic better?i didnt raid in classic and did very little in tbc,started seriously in wrath and since then until today have done it almost all,and the raids rly started getting good around mop days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh?how is RAIDING in classic better?i didnt raid in classic and did very little in tbc,started seriously in wrath and since then until today have done it almost all,and the raids rly started getting good around mop days
    I never specifically said RAIDING is better, I said the game is better. The leveling experience, the people I've met, the abilities and general feeling of the game, all from the WoW I used to know and love and not the complete shambles that retail is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    More excuses.
    Who is making excuses apart from these delusional people that thought Classic would take as long as it originally did? You're so bitter and angry about Classic's success it's laughable. I play Classic a lot and openly admit it's not hard and is quite simple. ZG, AQ, Naxx, they will all be down quickly, doesn't mean I won't have fun doing it.

Besides, I'd rather play a fun simple game, than a more complex boring one.

Who is making excuses apart from these delusional people that thought Classic would take as long as it originally did?
    "Who is making excuses except for all the people making excuses?"

Come-on man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I never specifically said RAIDING is better, I said the game is better. The leveling experience, the people I've met, the abilities and general feeling of the game, all from the WoW I used to know and love and not the complete shambles that retail is.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is making excuses apart from these delusional people that thought Classic would take as long as it originally did? You're so bitter and angry about Classic's success it's laughable. I play Classic a lot and openly admit it's not hard and is quite simple. ZG, AQ, Naxx, they will all be down quickly, doesn't mean I won't have fun doing it.

Besides, I'd rather play a fun simple game, than a more complex boring one.
    Ah my bad,misunderstood,agree that classic does some things better,and for some people those things are what makes the game better completly,but for me I feel current wow simply does more things better overall,raiding,classes,systems(some hit or miss),extra activities etc,when I played vanila in 2005 it was a lot of fun,but trying classic now simply isnt the same,i dont care about rank 14 so it mostly felt like nothing to do,personaly i want tbc to come out

. I play Classic a lot and openly admit it's not hard
    Glad you are enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    "Who is making excuses except for all the people making excuses?"

Come-on man.
    What are you even talking about? I think it's clear that my point is that anyone claiming Classic raiding is hard is either bad at the game, or a delusional liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Ah my bad,misunderstood,agree that classic does some things better,and for some people those things are what makes the game better completly,but for me I feel current wow simply does more things better overall,raiding,classes,systems(some hit or miss),extra activities etc,when I played vanila in 2005 it was a lot of fun,but trying classic now simply isnt the same,i dont care about rank 14 so it mostly felt like nothing to do,personaly i want tbc to come out
    Well, we all have different opinions and that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared BWL today in 3 hr 45 min. Wiped once on Razorgore, twice on Vael, once on Firemaw. Rest bosses (including Chromaggus and Nefarian) done easily from 1st try. Not a HC raider guild even, having Rets, Boomkins, Shadow Priests and PvPers like me.

I thought it will be much harder. Was fun tho xD