Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
LastLast
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Who is making excuses apart from these delusional people that thought Classic would take as long as it originally did?
    "Who is making excuses except for all the people making excuses?"

    Come-on man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I never specifically said RAIDING is better, I said the game is better. The leveling experience, the people I've met, the abilities and general feeling of the game, all from the WoW I used to know and love and not the complete shambles that retail is.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Who is making excuses apart from these delusional people that thought Classic would take as long as it originally did? You're so bitter and angry about Classic's success it's laughable. I play Classic a lot and openly admit it's not hard and is quite simple. ZG, AQ, Naxx, they will all be down quickly, doesn't mean I won't have fun doing it.

    Besides, I'd rather play a fun simple game, than a more complex boring one.
    Ah my bad,misunderstood,agree that classic does some things better,and for some people those things are what makes the game better completly,but for me I feel current wow simply does more things better overall,raiding,classes,systems(some hit or miss),extra activities etc,when I played vanila in 2005 it was a lot of fun,but trying classic now simply isnt the same,i dont care about rank 14 so it mostly felt like nothing to do,personaly i want tbc to come out

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    . I play Classic a lot and openly admit it's not hard
    Glad you are enjoying it.

  4. #784
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    "Who is making excuses except for all the people making excuses?"

    Come-on man.
    What are you even talking about? I think it's clear that my point is that anyone claiming Classic raiding is hard is either bad at the game, or a delusional liar.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Ah my bad,misunderstood,agree that classic does some things better,and for some people those things are what makes the game better completly,but for me I feel current wow simply does more things better overall,raiding,classes,systems(some hit or miss),extra activities etc,when I played vanila in 2005 it was a lot of fun,but trying classic now simply isnt the same,i dont care about rank 14 so it mostly felt like nothing to do,personaly i want tbc to come out
    Well, we all have different opinions and that's fine.

  5. #785
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,279
    Cleared BWL today in 3 hr 45 min. Wiped once on Razorgore, twice on Vael, once on Firemaw. Rest bosses (including Chromaggus and Nefarian) done easily from 1st try. Not a HC raider guild even, having Rets, Boomkins, Shadow Priests and PvPers like me.

    I thought it will be much harder. Was fun tho xD

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    You clearly did not do LFR very much in MoP.

    Bosses like Garalon are the reason they added determination buffs after a wipe.
    I've always done the bare minimum of LFR to fill in set pieces at the start of a tier. Thats about it. Joys of being a mythic raider in top 5 US guilds for every expac ive taken even remotely serious.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You clearly did not do LFR at all, and maybe only couple of months after it's been released.
    I've been on Achimonde LRF with my mythic-cleared main trippling people dps and still wiped 7 times.

    Heck, Uldir/BoD/EP had at least 1-3 bosses where people wiped couple of times. Pretty much every raid got one.


    - - - Updated - - -



    That is actually wrong.
    If you want to compare amount of guilds that cleared normal first day
    that would be like ~200 guilds first day for nyalotha:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...7600000&page=4
    and 65 on heroic.

    That will give you a 265 groups killing nzoth normal or heroic first day

    vs

    1758 first day kills on Nefarian

    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ss=617&page=36

    And by first day i mean around 24-48h period of time.

    Incomparable.

    It's not all about "theorycrafting" and knowledge. When fights are easy, anyone with half brain can do it.
    wrong. Try again. I did do it at a bare minimum tho.

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Yes, bwl is easy for me and if your IQ is above room temperature it should be for you too.
    However with that comparison i question that.
    If BWL is easy or not depends on your gear.

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    If BWL is easy or not depends on your gear.
    Everything is hard if you go in unprepared.

  9. #789
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    If BWL is easy or not depends on your gear.
    In general, difficulty depends on what you are comparing it to - and in most cases, people saying it is easy are comparing it to Retail, where it sits around LFR difficulty, which obviously is extremely easy compared to the other 3 higher difficulties. Although normal mode in current raid has been pulled back quite a bit in difficulty compared to the last few raids, its still more challenging than anything vanilla or classic have to offer.

    Obviously your comment is accurate though, im not saying you are WRONG, but that goes for absolutely every piece of content in the game, or any game really. Kinda like saying "seeing things is harder with your eyes shut"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Everything is hard if you go in unprepared.
    See above for a.....different way of saying the same thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    of being a mythic raider in top 5 US guilds for every expac ive taken even remotely serious.
    Well, i have always been in a top 4 EU guild on any spec i have ever taken seriously, so my opinion is actually worth more than yours, so kindly move along.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    I thought it will be much harder. Was fun tho xD
    This is my opinion as well, the fact its extremely simplistic shouldnt detract from having fun - anyone playing classic for the challenging content is going to be very disapointed. Luckily there is a version of the game that provides that challenge in spades, so there really isnt a "problem"

    There was just as many ppl saying it would be extremely easy as there were saying it would be hard. Obviously some may have chosen to believe the wrong people, but thats on them - there remains countless videos from vanilla and more from PS that show just how simple all the content is.

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    -snip-
    Completely unrelated, but is your name the thing Draenei say?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Completely unrelated, but is your name the thing Draenei say?
    No, however when BC came out we all had a good laugh - used the same name since mid 90s, but you are right that it certainly sounds the same.

    googled the spelling:

    "Archenon poros"

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, however when BC came out we all had a good laugh - used the same name since mid 90s, but you are right that it certainly sounds the same.

    googled the spelling:

    "Archenon poros"
    Aww. If it was "Arkanon poros", then it would be you with poros from League of Legends.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In general, difficulty depends on what you are comparing it to - and in most cases, people saying it is easy are comparing it to Retail, where it sits around LFR difficulty, which obviously is extremely easy compared to the other 3 higher difficulties. Although normal mode in current raid has been pulled back quite a bit in difficulty compared to the last few raids, its still more challenging than anything vanilla or classic have to offer.

    Obviously your comment is accurate though, im not saying you are WRONG, but that goes for absolutely every piece of content in the game, or any game really. Kinda like saying "seeing things is harder with your eyes shut"
    Yeah, 100% true. You need to take my comment in context. I was replying to a guy who said that your IQ is about room temperature if you can't clear BWL, which is dumb, because it takes quite an effort to make BWL easy, you need to farm MC for months.

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yeah, 100% true. You need to take my comment in context. I was replying to a guy who said that your IQ is about room temperature if you can't clear BWL, which is dumb, because it takes quite an effort to make BWL easy, you need to farm MC for months.
    each individual has it's own comfort zone in terms of difficulty. There are uncountable quantitative und qualitative reasons why an individual perceive something more or less resistant.

    WOW has a lot to do with dedication. But what happend when the general conditions do not met the own preferences? This would lower the level of dedication you are consciously or unconsciously willing to invest. There are so many logical and illogical connections to define perceived difficulty... even connections which have nothing to do with the game primarily.

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Limit and Method can clear any BfA mythic raid in 2 hours now, does it mean its easy for me and you?
    Given that literally thousands of guilds have cleared BWL and that it gets pugged already, against barely more than a dozen having cleared Ny'alotha, I very much question not only your comparison, but the intent behind it.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-02-18 at 11:40 PM.

  16. #796
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,279
    I'd say BWL is closer to Normal retail difficulty. LFR is completely brainless, on most of bosses you can't physically wipe, and DPS can spam 2-3 buttons and stand in fire, etc, cause healers are simply overhealing them with endless mana (in Classic it can still end).

  17. #797
    MC = almost lfr difficulty
    BWL = normal
    AQ40 = hc
    Naxx = mythic

  18. #798
    lmfao

    less than an hour I'm dead

  19. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    MC = almost lfr difficulty
    BWL = normal
    AQ40 = hc
    Naxx = mythic
    Nah its
    MC=Mythic Dungeon
    BWL = LFR
    AQ = Normal
    Naxx = Heroic

  20. #800
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,430
    MC = LFR, with Ragnaros being a normal mode boss.
    BWL = A mixture of LFR and normal mode bosses.
    AQ = Mostly normal mode bosses, with a few heroic bosses.
    Naxxaramas = A few normal mode bosses, with the majority being heroic level bosses.

    Keep in mind when I talk about the difficulty compared to retail, I'm referring to when a content patch is first released. Naxxaramas is about as hard, or maybe slightly easier than a fresh heroic raid on live.

    Classic isn't hard by any means, and you can make it a lot easier if you choose to spend time outside of raids preparing and raid logging for your next raid by getting world buffs. You'll get as much, if not more power from consumables and world buffs than you ever world upgrading your BiS dungeons blues to Naxxaramas gear, especially if you're melee. A lot of it's hard to compare. Imagine a guild that just goes in with consumables to BWL, versus a guild that uses consumables, flasks and world buffs.

    If world buffs weren't a thing, you could probably notch up the difficulty of classic raids by a slight margin. Would it be close to retail? Absolutely not. Some of these guilds clearing raids in super fast times don't really even have mechanics because of how much DPS they can produce (stacked raids of like 16 warriors, with tons of world buffs lol).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •