Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    It is if you don't overgear content and have 15 years of experience. I blame binge culture.
    even if you don't binge and have "appropriate amount of gear", the content is still very easy. People that played during vanilla probably remember how many deadweight they carry in a 40man raid, while the not-as-dead-weight don't even know how to optimize their performance. Information being widely available for 15 years definitely is the biggest factor, and when many people's BIS (especially pre-MC) are just greens from the AH, it is very easy to gear up to a competitive level.

Things will be the same for AQ (nature resist gear is attainable outside of raid, if you even need it for Huhuran) and probably Naxx. Back in Vanilla I know you had to farm frost resist mats inside the instance to do Sapphiron, but heck, even that might have been bypassed on private servers already and deemed unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    what's your guess this time?
    4-5 days.

Followed by complete shock that these raids, too, take less than an hour to clear. Maybe Naxx lasts two hours because there's more trash... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    4-5 days.

Followed by complete shock that these raids, too, take less than an hour to clear. Maybe Naxx lasts two hours because there's more trash... LOL.
    i think AQ will take longer than an hour because it's a super long walk without mounts, especially if your raid derps and gets eye beamed by C'thun before you even try to pull

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    With the first clear happening 40 minutes and 32 seconds after launch, I wanna hear what the people who thought it would take days to clear are thinking.
    These people didn't have any idea what was happening on the private server scene TBH. They were judging it based on their memory of vanilla, which was very fallible and didn't take many things into consideration.

40 Minutes huh? That's actually hilarious.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

First entire clear in 40 minutes my fucking sides

wowzers
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    40 Minutes huh? That's actually hilarious.
    you know what I'm surprised about? The instance not actually bugged in some way.

Smol Indie company you know

you know what I'm surprised about? The instance not actually bugged in some way.

Smol Indie company you know
    They had 15 years to work out the bugs. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

i think AQ will take longer than an hour because it's a super long walk without mounts, especially if your raid derps and gets eye beamed by C'thun before you even try to pull
    It's funny when the difficulty of an instance should be measured by how many failure mechanics the trash environments have. #ClassicRaiding

they already cleared that shit thousands of times on pservers. It's like our guild clearing eternal palace on mythic in less than 2 hours.. Nothing special.

I'm not in the "Classic Speedrunning" community, but what's the exact criteria for counting race time?
    Example, in Super Mario Bros speed running it's from the moment you can control Mario until you touch the axe, timed to the millisecond.
    Or in Golden Eye it's the game displayed clock time for a given level.
    In Classic raiding, does it start the moment you enter combat with the first trash pull or first boss pull as a general rule?
    (I know BWL is special as you basically start on Razorgore and not trash like in MC)

Watching guilds wipe repeatably to this shit is some of the most entertaining content I've seen.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I'm not in the "Classic Speedrunning" community, but what's the exact criteria for counting race time?
    Example, in Super Mario Bros speed running it's from the moment you can control Mario until you touch the axe, timed to the millisecond.
    Or in Golden Eye it's the game displayed clock time for a given level.
    In Classic raiding, does it start the moment you enter combat with the first trash pull or first boss pull as a general rule?
    (I know BWL is special as you basically start on Razorgore and not trash like in MC)
    Whichever criteria makes you look better is the one so you can then spam on every social media "FUCK X GUILD AUHSUHASUHAUEDGHKASGUDASGUKADG". Atleast that's what was happening on private servers and is happening now in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalremains View Post
    BWL clear time:
    APES 32:34
    Progress 38:56
    Calamity 40:23

That's what matters lol

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...2#metric=speed
    What a strange way to say "Congratulations to Calamity for their World First Classic BWL clear!"

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Whichever criteria makes you look better is the one so you can then spam on every social media "FUCK X GUILD AUHSUHASUHAUEDGHKASGUDASGUKADG". Atleast that's what was happening on private servers and is happening now in classic.
    Huh, thank you for the oddly specific and agreed upon standard for future races, leading to an actual leaderboard with verified records worth mentioning.
    Oh, I guess Classic hasn't matured as an actual retro game. Bummer

4 - 5 days aye.... So, about that

Is it true over 30 guilds have cleared it already in under 2 hours? Am i missing something?

Congrats to Calamity I guess.

Other than that - the situation is pretty funny, but I didn't come here to argue with the fanboys.

I bet there have already been "just wait for AQ, that will take longer" posts here though.

the goal post will now be moved to guilds that have to carry enough players that just go yolo on their class and gear choices without doing any research, and still probably blast through the content at a slower pace, because they otherwise cannot field 40 people.

It's fine though, amusing reads.

<Fiend> on Firemaw 1:43 server time

Entering BWL was the first obstacle, alliance were suicide running in into 3 raids to AOE us down... Was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Due to a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Unorganized? They literally couldn't zone in because it didn't work.
    Sure. I know an American guild who literally had the server shutdown for maintenance and they still won the real wf race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm sure they're slightly salty about losing WF so closely, but what people tend to care more for in WoW Classic is fast clear times so I'm sure APES will take over on that front again anyways.
    No they don't. It's WF or nothing. Are apes apologist really trying to move to goalposts so soon after the loss?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    APES 8 min faster than Calamity, lmao.
    Let's move the goalposts even further.
    APES shorter name than Calamity LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro