Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    nope, clearly all those guilds clearing it logged on right at release just because. deff not because they were racing for first.
    It's not really worth the bragging rights though. It's like pushing your way to the front of the line at the slide that goes into the ballpit at McDonald's.

I typically argue against time elapsed from entrance of the instance as a difficulty barometer; but given how ludicrously farmed this content is, I think it's the only reasonable metric to actually determine the skill of the players completing the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    These people didn't have any idea what was happening on the private server scene TBH. They were judging it based on their memory of vanilla, which was very fallible and didn't take many things into consideration.
    People need to understand once and for all that vanilla wow wasn't hard and having pservers guilds that have been doing nothing else besides playing overtuned versions of the game for the past 5 years is completely overkill. Because if we're going to believe Blizzard(which I find no reason not to) that their numbers are accurate then 99% of all "blizzlike" pservers were mostly overtuned.

The game has been solved a long time

5+ Year Old Account
    This shit is hilarious. Congrats to all the guilds clearing it in less than an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Wow you were basically right on the money
    i might've seen this race once or twice before with some of the same players lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    WOW SO BUFFED! Took 42 minutes to clear it lmfao.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not really worth the bragging rights though. It's like pushing your way to the front of the line at the slide that goes into the ballpit at McDonald's.

I typically argue against time elapsed from entrance of the instance as a difficulty barometer; but given how ludicrously farmed this content is, I think it's the only reasonable metric to actually determine the skill of the players completing the content.
    But imagine being that guild that is suppose to be the best there is and has dominated for years and then coming 3rd because their players couldn't be assed logging in on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But imagine being that guild that is suppose to be the best there is and has dominated for years and then coming 3rd because their players couldn't be assed logging in on time.
    Just to be devil's advocate, but APES lost by literally 8 seconds. They're also technically 2nd because the first two tied for first. 8 seconds is nothing to a retail world first.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Remember all the people who were like "lol all the Wrathbabies and Cata scrubs are gonna be in for a surprise with Classic" nonstop?
    B... but... patch 1.12 exists! These BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD/Leg/BfA crybabies will never understand the true horrors of Vanilla raiding before the "nerf"!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    /shrug

Can't blame them. Garbage content deserves garbage motivation.

Vanilla hard lol lol
    All the new players had no idea how hardcore vanilla was lol lol

40min clear, hahahha, rofl

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Vanilla hard lol lol
    All the new players had no idea how hardcore vanilla was lol lol

40min clear, hahahha, rofl
    around 30 is the fastest actually. Just in this first lockout i mean.

There must've been a stealth nerf to BWL. Or some kind of an exploit. I can't see a legit guild clearing the raid this fast. There is something else going on. Some kind of sabotage from a competitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    There must've been a stealth nerf to BWL. Or some kind of an exploit. I can't see a legit guild clearing the raid this fast. There is something else going on. Some kind of sabotage from a competitor?
    well played. Unless srs

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Who knows these days, im sure there are big dollars involved with a world first.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    around 30 is the fastest actually. Just in this first lockout i mean.
    Perhaps we should begin measuring Classic raid difficulty by the length of time it takes to zone in and auto walk to the end of the instance.

Op is the biggest troll in history of these forums xd

“Days!!” To clear xd

I lold at comments in this thread.

And the guy stating that “classic was neverabout the raiding but about the journey” i almost died hahahahah xd

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    NARRATOR: It was that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Then what game did I play on 2005? OH that's right classic wow! This content been ran hundreds of thousands of times. There's no worlds first when it's been ran that many times for years.

No kidding. Classic went from raiding was hard. No purples for slackers, You have to work now. To it's about the journey not the destination. The real game begins at max level.
    you played world of warcraft. not world of warcraft: classic

this was literally the first completion of this raid within this game.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2020-02-13 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    B... but... patch 1.12 exists! These BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD/Leg/BfA crybabies will never understand the true horrors of Vanilla raiding before the "nerf"!
    Uhh, your logic fails when you are ignoring the fact that the people who cleared are hardcore vanilla fanatics who have studied and number crunched how to complete content the fastest.

I highly doubt your standard group of players who say, started in retail would have been able to achieve such a feat.

I used this analogy before, but what you're doing is like me, someone who has never performed surgery, saying that surgery is easy because a trained surgeon can do it. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean *everyone* can.

Just because these people who have studied the game thoroughly and most of them have lots of experience clearing classic content can do BWL in less than an hour, does by no means mean the average player can do so. Nor does it mean the content is trivial or that people who said Classic was more difficult are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Uhh, your logic fails when you are ignoring the fact that the people who cleared are hardcore vanilla fanatics who have studied and number crunched how to complete content the fastest.

I highly doubt your standard group of players who say, started in retail would have been able to achieve such a feat.

I used this analogy before, but what you're doing is like me, someone who has never performed surgery, saying that surgery is easy because a trained surgeon can do it. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean *everyone* can.

Just because these people who have studied the game thoroughly and most of them have lots of experience clearing classic content can do BWL in less than an hour, does by no means mean the average player can do so. Nor does it mean the content is trivial or that people who said Classic was more difficult are incorrect.
    Agree. This seems like a ploy by retail players and guild to make Classic seem easier than it is actually is. It is definitely harder than retail.