Page 1 of 40
... LastLast

BWL world first progression thread

Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.

What do you think will top Classic guilds gather to play in same place and have retail like event etc like we had in Ny'alotha and Molten Core race?
    We had Method hosting world first MC race but I haven't heard anything about them hosting BWL race.

Results:

1st Calamity
    1st Progress
    3rd APES*

*APES was the best performer here but they had issues with their server and couldn't get inside the raid immediately. Due to very short race those 7-10 minutes were enough to lose world first.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-02-14 at 08:33 AM.

PREDICTION whoever logs in at reset with 40 people will clear the raid.

lul

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

lul
    This.

I bet whole raid cleared couple hours after reset. I mean it is 1.12 patch and people have BiS gear.

Maybe even faster if they decide to speed run and no blizzard hick-ups (bugged stuff).
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-02-08 at 11:34 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

lul
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-02-08 at 11:39 PM.

Hype is down so i doubt there will be an event, however i would never be against a wow event with streaming of raids!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it will take 4-5 days... counting from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values in Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    It will be that simple.

It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    So just to be clear, without any buffs, you think it will take 4-5 days with vanilla numbers?

BWL and pretty much all raids will be cleared the same day as they go live by the big guilds.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You can't say that something won't be that simple bvased on rumours, especially since its doubtfull they are true.
    But all in all, guilds like APES, Progress, Onslaught and the likes will clear this in a few hours if not faster unless some really funky stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear, without any buffs, you think it will take 4-5 days with vanilla numbers?
    It's safe to say with current experience it takes just 5% of time it originally required which is 4-5 days.

It's safe to say with current experience it takes just 5% of time it originally required which is 4-5 days.
    Ok, since you seem committed to this idea, what do you feel will stop guilds who can clear it on PS in a few hours from doing the same on classic servers? What boss do you think they will be stuck on for DAYS?

The rumors are unconfirmed and unlikely. Players whined for no changes, Blizzard is giving them no changes. It'll be cleared extremely fast, especially since many guilds have access to gear equivalent to T3 gear from PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The rumors are unconfirmed and unlikely. Players whined for no changes, Blizzard is giving them no changes. It'll be cleared extremely fast, especially since many guilds have access to gear equivalent to T3 gear from PvP
    Honor system with rare/epic gear was in vanilla WoW before BWL launched as well so nothing new here.

Honor system with rare/epic gear was in vanilla WoW before BWL launched as well so nothing new here.
    No, it wasn't. The Honor system was, not the gear from Naxx era.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    No, it wasn't. The Honor system was, not the gear from Naxx era.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200503300...cle-part2.html

scroll down to see rewards

This article is from March 30th 2005, honor system was live in April 2005 and BWL released in July 2005
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-02-09 at 12:30 AM.

rumors. bwl will be like MC. exactly as it was tuned when it launched. aka a cake walk, though i think shitter guilds wills till have trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

thats hilarious. more like 4-5 hours. if your guild takes its time.

Hahaha, that's cute. It'll be cleared within hours of release if it hasn't been stealth buffed.

http://web.archive.org/web/200503300...cle-part2.html

scroll down to see rewards

This article is from March 30th 2005, honor system was live in April 2005 and BWL released in June 2005

honor gear got adjusted later on.

raid will be cleared within 1-3h depending pn server. anyone who thinks it will take days is trolling and trying to bait people

days.
    Days. As in plural. lol.
    Shit will be cleared within hours - probably even by pugs of Asmongold and his chat.