Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyInfidel View Post
    Naxxramas was speedrun on private servers in ~1 hr 30 minutes. My bet it will be done by APES in 1 hr 10 minutes on first/second run. Sub-1 hour in clean subsequent ones. Given its Classic and given the minority will achieve that, there's no sense whatsoever in running anything below Naxxramas as it is.

Get rid of your rose-colored glasses and enjoy the game for what it is supposed to be - fun and player interaction. There are other competetive games out there that make that aspect way more joyful and meaningful.
    1 hour 8 mins by salad bakers

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    My 14 year old self did it back then too. And I'm once again saying that I never claimed classic was hard. I'm just saying that it's not as easy as ppl are claiming when they say "lol 43 mins". Get to 60, join a bwl pug, smash your face on the keyboard, upload the vid and prove it's that easy. I'll be awaiting your 43 min clear with no wipes.
    Not gonna help you build your strawman and I don't have to prove shit to you. I don't think anyone serious is claiming that you can just walk in BWL as a fresh 60 who has no clue and own the place (albeit some kinda did with MC). But compared to today's raids, BWl is easy as fuck, that's all there is to it, and people wouldn't shove that fact in the face of Classic fans if a sub-group of said fans hadn't also spent literally years yelling that retail is brainless easy mode while classic is only for the most elite of neckbeards to even attempt.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Pretty much, it's not hard, but it's better than retail because it's actually fun and is back to WoW's roots. I used to raid hardcore from middle of Wrath and all through Cata and I'm still finding Classic really fun, no matter how simple it is
    That's purely subjective. For myself personally I enjoyed the gearing up phase of Classic, but once I got the less than a handful of decent items from raids for my character the last couple of months have just been exceptionally boring. BWL is completely faceroll as expected so yeah there's nothing remotely interesting to do until the next raid which is just a big chore that ends in a couple hours of facerolling. Most of that time spent traveling the raid. We're not quite as efficient as APES. Then another several months of nothingness until it's time to faceroll Naxx. Naxx has irritating trash, or at least it did in actual Vanilla, but I expect the bosses to be pretty faceroll. So no I'm not really having more fun in Classic than retail and I can't say Classic is "better" because in retail I get a challenge every single raid tier and it lasts for more than an hour or two.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Because APES lost? Sure speedruns are the only real challenge in Classic, but if you for a second believe they didn't rush to get WF, you're delusional.
    They sure did. I find, tho nefarian was bugged for them (and cost them more time, than they lost the race by) and they had issues entering/Wpvp issues.

It is quite odd to have "entering the instance issues" actually have an effect on the outcome. I'd say people who care about that, they should be allowed to discuss it in the WF thread and people who disagree (like me) really dont have any reason to argue about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Sure. I know an American guild who literally had the server shutdown for maintenance and they still won the real wf race.

- - - Updated - - -

No they don't. It's WF or nothing. Are apes apologist really trying to move to goalposts so soon after the loss?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's move the goalposts even further.
    APES shorter name than Calamity LMAO
    IDGAF who won this "race", nor am I invested in any of the guilds involved.

"WF" is meaningless in WoW Classic, and the race lasted less than 45 minutes. Way more people care about clear times and parses than who cleared a 15 year old raid first.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    Go ahead and do the same. My guild is above casual, and we couldn't get past the 4th boss
    Probably 99% of raiders in wow think they are above casual, while struggling on easy content. My vanilla guild is actually casual and we had no trouble doing 8/8. I'm sorry but your guild is probably way below casual..

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well to be fair apes have cleared that raid for years and it's not something the average guild will do, still less then a hour was very nice.
    yeh, but 728 guilds cleaned BWL already and it's only 5:41pm/6:41pm in most of europe

I guess this whole classic thread is just another meme.

Are there no real community/server-events going on or why are in this sub forum so much nonsense threads?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    At least it was really a race. Was a dead heat too. Awesome.
    Imagine If someone trained running just to run as little as possible

was the word progression in the title intended? or for memes? cause theres no progression in 43 mins lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Probably 99% of raiders in wow think they are above casual, while struggling on easy content. My vanilla guild is actually casual and we had no trouble doing 8/8. I'm sorry but your guild is probably way below casual..
    We wasted at least an hour and a half with bugs though. We only raid 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You openly admit you have no idea what the difficultly of retail raiding is like, say you try not to speak about things you know little about, then go on to say that Classic is more difficult despite not knowing how difficult retail is? I really hope this is a troll post.
    ??? Do you know how to read or are *you* the one who is trolling?

I said Classic is more difficult in the areas I DO have experience in.

What part of that do you not understand?

There is more to the game than just raiding.

Furthermore, while I don't know the current state of retail raiding, I have raided in retail before, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This is a pretty shit meme. Classic is just undeniably easier. Heres a quick example - a simple 3 minute DPS check fight. Which is harder? Retail, by a country mile. In classic, you press one button the entire fight and pot if you're feeling frisky. In retail, at bare minimum, most classes have a half dozen abilities they regularly use AND they need to line up cooldowns with procs. Even the easiest god damn mechanic in the game - standing still and hitting a target, is about a dozen times harder on retail than it is in classic.
    Yet another person who can't read, apparently.

Your post is referring to raiding and I've already said I wasn't talking about current raiding on live because I haven't done it yet. Keep up, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's purely subjective. For myself personally I enjoyed the gearing up phase of Classic, but once I got the less than a handful of decent items from raids for my character the last couple of months have just been exceptionally boring. BWL is completely faceroll as expected so yeah there's nothing remotely interesting to do until the next raid which is just a big chore that ends in a couple hours of facerolling. Most of that time spent traveling the raid. We're not quite as efficient as APES. Then another several months of nothingness until it's time to faceroll Naxx. Naxx has irritating trash, or at least it did in actual Vanilla, but I expect the bosses to be pretty faceroll. So no I'm not really having more fun in Classic than retail and I can't say Classic is "better" because in retail I get a challenge every single raid tier and it lasts for more than an hour or two.
    That's fair enough, we all have different opinions. I personally could never enjoy retail again, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    7/8 bosses down, but in original vanilla 7 first bosses were dead on the first day as well. I hope Nefarian will be take some time.
    lmao bet you feel like an idiot now. Nefarian was down 5 minutes later
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Just to be devil's advocate, but APES lost by literally 8 seconds. They're also technically 2nd because the first two tied for first. 8 seconds is nothing to a retail world first.
    When there is a tie for a position you don't count the one behind the two tied as one behind but two behind. So if there are 2 firsts, there is no second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Imagine If someone trained running just to run as little as possible
    Isn't that technically what training for any race is? You want to run as little as you can, because that means you've run in a shorter time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Abuse, wow. I guess we're soft skinned.

Other than that, what's hard for you to understand? I'm not either angry or annoyed, but a lot of people don't learn unless it's made obvious that something was wrong.
    Sure buddy. Justify your inappropriate comments anyway you want. We all know that hurling abuse at others is an easy sign to show how angry you are and no matter how you dress it up, abuse is abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    The Perfect Ress-bomb moment!

(well servers crash and crash so not possible even if someone wanted)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Isn't that technically what training for any race is? You want to run as little as you can, because that means you've run in a shorter time.
    That's the joke