Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    More like if BoD was cleared in 43 minutes wait we do that now. It's a speed clear it's not a world first race.
    It's almost like it became a speed race as soon as apes came third. What an embarrassment for them. All those years of training only to choke when the real race started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've not seen anyone claim this. Perhaps you can't spot sarcasm?

We knew private servers were tuned harder, and they were easy as well.

Anyway comparing Classic to actual vanilla content at the time is idiotic. We have 1.12 talents, 1.12 gear, loads of R14 running around before BWL is even out, loads of people flasking which was not common at all and using every possible buff. It was obvious how easy it was going to be, all we could hope for was Blizz buff the content, but they were fairly clear they weren't.
    Are you being sarcastic? It's actually impossible to tell. Sarcasm cannot be portrayed in text unless you actually tell us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's almost like it became a speed race as soon as apes came third. What an embarrassment for them. All those years of training only to choke when the real race started.
    What is there to be embarassed about? Starting 7 mins late and finishing seconds after guilds who managed to zone in immediately?

Are we supposed to be embarrassed about the fact that we're the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    That's the joke
    Ok, either I'm completely missing your point, or you have read my post as sarcasm, which it wasn't. I genuinely think that world first race, that actually is a race that comes down to seconds is quite exciting. I mean, there even was an event like this at Blizzcon, where they took 2 top guilds and let them race against each other in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Ok, either I'm completely missing your point, or you have read my post as sarcasm, which it wasn't. I genuinely think that world first race, that actually is a race that comes down to seconds is quite exciting. I mean, there even was an event like this at Blizzcon, where they took 2 top guilds and let them race against each other in a raid.
    My first post was sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Only thing one should care about in classic is clear time.
    When you spend years preparing and you come third, why not. Move those goal posts.
    why so mad bro

How is this thread still going?

Gz Calamity and Progress for world firsts. Why some apes dude posted a YouTube video starting as "world first bwl" when they clearly know they were third lol? They obviously do care about world first if they even need to post shit like that

Their clear time was 10 mins less lol

I suspect they wren't first cuz u couldn't get* in via UBRS and the orb to BWL.

Prob had to log on alts and clear out the tunnel first lul

Anyone claiming world first over them should be embarrassed with their clear times

it looks like the others didn't even invis pot at all.....Terrible run

That's the only way to explain that massive gap in clear time

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Who will be next to post this uniquely clever comment lol
    100% the people that say these are the same people that bragged how BWL will take time to be cleared ! the same people that will say "naxx is the raid guilds will have issues with" ..... trust me

I think we are all just waiting for Naxx so we can stop with all the “gear and talent changes are why we are doing 6x as much dps as back then” despite nothing remotely coming close to that level of change actually occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I think we are all just waiting for Naxx so we can stop with all the “gear and talent changes are why we are doing 6x as much dps as back then” despite nothing remotely coming close to that level of change actually occurring.
    no one knowledgeable is saying that

and juding by most of the estimates i've seen for how long it would take to clear BWL and MC being wildly off. I'd say most of you aren't knowledgeable.

Things have lined up with p servers almost precisely....There should be no debate about any of this.

If i coulda placed bets on how long world first would take i would clean up on these content releases. Cuz most of you are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    ??? Do you know how to read or are *you* the one who is trolling?

I said Classic is more difficult in the areas I DO have experience in.

What part of that do you not understand?

There is more to the game than just raiding.

Furthermore, while I don't know the current state of retail raiding, I have raided in retail before, lol.

Yet another person who can't read, apparently.

Your post is referring to raiding and I've already said I wasn't talking about current raiding on live because I haven't done it yet. Keep up, please.
    Talking about open world difficulty in WoW is like arguing about if tomatoes or strawberries are more difficult to eat. Yikes.
    Last edited by Nite92; 2020-02-13 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    What is there to be embarassed about? Starting 7 mins late and finishing seconds after guilds who managed to zone in immediately?

the best killed the boss first. the best are not 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the best killed the boss first. the best are not 3rd.
    Funny how US people only think this way. I don't care or follow Classic scene but lets be real, the speedruns are the meta and what people focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Funny how US people only think this way. I don't care or follow Classic scene but lets be real, the speedruns are the meta and what people focus on.
    not in the world first thread. if they cared about speed they wouldnt be whining about starting late. fact is, they wanted the first kill. thats why they all logged on to raid at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

3rd best apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Speedrunning never been a thing in World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2020-02-13 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    When there is a tie for a position you don't count the one behind the two tied as one behind but two behind. So if there are 2 firsts, there is no second.
    That's not a concrete rule. It's why I said "technically". Since the world first race isn't an actual sanctioned contest and there are no rules, I declare APES to be second. Now, we just need one of those 1/2/3 winner stands large enough to hold two guilds on the 1st spot.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But Naxx size is much bigger, this alone should make the clear longer.
    Not if they split run the first wings.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    That's not a concrete rule. It's why I said "technically". Since the world first race isn't an actual sanctioned contest and there are no rules, I declare APES to be second. Now, we just need one of those 1/2/3 winner stands large enough to hold two guilds on the 1st spot.
    Juts a heads up, and mile off topic, but the use of the word technically, technically means the opposite of that . It's used to imply precise facts.