Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Are we sure it even drops anymore? Does anyone know anybody who got it this year?
    Of course it drops, few people posted screenshots on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might go against the spirit of the thread, but I would advise not to farm the mount with a shit ton of alts, especially if the situation stresses you.

In other words, if you dread a particular time of the year due to a videogame, this is not an healthy situation to be in.

I used to farm the rocket with all of my eligible alts. It was boring and frustrating. Then I stopped altogether and my quality of life has improved a lot.

Luck is luck, and I have gotten the majority of old world 1% mounts with my main character, including Kor'kron Reaver and Invincible. I will never see the big rocket drop for me, and that is okay. It is indeed one of the few mounts that still turn a few heads, but if the process of getting it is a painful slog, I would not consider persevering with too many chars.

14 toons a day. Technically I have 34 toons that are eligible, but I can't be assed to farm it on those. I only play those 14 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    This might go against the spirit of the thread, but I would advise not to farm the mount with a shit ton of alts, especially if the situation stresses you.

In other words, if you dread a particular time of the year due to a videogame, this is not an healthy situation to be in.

I used to farm the rocket with all of my eligible alts. It was boring and frustrating. Then I stopped altogether and my quality of life has improved a lot.

Luck is luck, and I have gotten the majority of old world 1% mounts with my main character, including Kor'kron Reaver and Invincible. I will never see the big rocket drop for me, and that is okay. It is indeed one of the few mounts that still turn a few heads, but if the process of getting it is a painful slog, I would not consider persevering with too many chars.
    I mean it's just 2 weeks each year. Just a bit of pain to put yourself through and you have that chance of getting it. Your quality of life is not falling that much from doing something else than you usually do in the game for 2 weeks...

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont even want it anymore...not worth the time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

If your life quality improved by a lot through not spending 2 weeks/year doing this, I'd question exactly what kind of quality of life you have to begin with...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Are we sure it even drops anymore? Does anyone know anybody who got it this year?
    Saw it drop for a friend today.

And that concludes my runs for the year. I did the event after midnight on the first day to get in an extra reset, so 15 days of running 21 horde characters and 20 alliance characters for a total of 615 attempts. I haven't always used rarity to track my runs, and last year I did the majority of my runs on a different computer which complicated tracking, but I'm nevertheless sitting at 1658 attempts as of my final run today.

Add maybe about a thousand or so untracked attempts and I'll be ~2 years away from being statistically likely to finally have it drop if rarity's 1/3333 is to be trusted.

I understand why the drop rate was low originally as it was a rather easy to acquire 310% mount, which were either rare or hard to come by at the time of introduction. Now the low drop chance just seems silly in comparison to the zone drop mounts of BFA that can be acquired year round from regular old trash mobs. But I guess Blizzard wants to keep the "prestige" for those who have already been lucky enough to acquire it.

In any case I'll keep on going until I either quit the game or I can finally cross this mount off my list. It's however very unlikely that I'll ever actually use the mount since it's woefully subpar to modern mounts anyway, but I suppose that's a concern for when I finally have it in my collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

3+ Year Old Account
    1494 attempts. 0 love rocket.

Another 541 kills no mount. Approx 2660 now. I wish 1% was the lowest droprate in the game. I also wish they hadn't changed which level you got the good box at. Level 80 like before would have been handy to get more attempts at not getting the mount.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2020-02-21 at 09:04 PM.

Think I hit 100 this year, but yet again no luck. One of these years I'll get that dang rocket.

300+kills and still no mount WTF. Fuck Ion and fuck this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    1494 attempts. 0 love rocket.
    holy moly, what the fudge? This mount should be vendorable for love in the air event for maybe 5k or 10k tokens instead valentine boss that give beyond 0.002 drop rate for it to get. Why is that even so low??