Question about Shaman Healing.

Name in game: Tharkasalija if anyone wants to look at armory or search logs if you're able to for the recent raid logs

So I am trying to gear up as a Resto sham until the next expansion and I'm falling so far behind other healers who are 10 ilvls above me, by 5-7 million healing totals. (Didn't pay attention to HPS in the recent 11/12 N I was in the other day). I'm generally concerned (ehh) because I feel like even my single target healing is meh, and so is my AoE healing.

I'm ilvl 443 using a 435 staff atm. Here's armory and logs links:

[Can't post links I guess]

I just read through the analyzer and while it's true I could have spent more mana and stuff, I try to conserve mana but also upkeep everyone as well (mostly healing rain/healing stream totem/healing tide when raidwide damage happens/partywide damage etc.)

I'm aware I probably have a lot of stat inconsistencies at the moment mostly because I passed up a lot of crit gear thinking I didn't need it, turns out it's the 2nd wanted stat :$ oh well. I am generally struggling-ish with healing +4 and +5 mythic dungeons right now.
    Last edited by Setari; 2020-02-10 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added mythic statement at the end

I dont have a lot of time but I will say these days you have to be proactive, sniping heals with riptide, precasting on melee or tanks on full hp and not necessarily cancelling that heal.

If you're waiting for damage others will snipe the heal and you'll overheat. Healing stream on CD or when you're moving, chain heal off tanks, rain on the melee or tanks. Cant find your armoury, found your post on the wow forums and couldn't even inspect your profile, 404 error dunno.

Get yourself a tidal waves tracker with weak auras,
    Try to avoid mastery, go for crit, verse.

M+ is hard depending on the affixes, might need to avoid certain weeks, specially with plugs standing in shit and not using def cds. Keep practicing

In my opinion, healing as a resto shaman suffers greatly based on raid performance mainly due to our mastery and spell types. We do well when multiple people are hurting badly. If everyone is hurt a small amount, HoT type healing will do much better. When only a few people are getting hurt, instant cast heals will be able to get there before you. The better your other healers are, the worst you do. The better your raid is, the worse you do. The lower the difficulty, the worse you do.

You still add value to the raid as your heals can keep multiple critically injured people alive, but by the end of the fight your numbers might not show that. Omybad's recommendations are good ways to improve, but honestly, there will be a limit in terms of meters. Using myself as an example, I can do fantastic on a first kill as everyone is learning a fight, but as soon as it reaches farm status then there isn't much I can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your build matters. A lot.

To compete with other healers on fights with heavy raid healing, you don't have much of a choice but to run Cloudburst and Earthen Wall Totem. Which means, to get the most benefit out of Cloudburst, you need to have a very good understanding of the fight so you know when the healing won't be wasted. As long as you do the following, though, you should compete/surpass similarly geared healers:

1. Healing Rain on CD, position it smartly, and make sure you have an Overflowing Shores azerite trait.
    2. Don't let Cloudburst cap, but don't waste it either. Drop it during periods where there is enough required healing to empower it while making sure it goes off during raid-wide damage.
    3. Riptide on CD, on targets that will be taking consistent damage (think tanks or dps that you notice procced their corruption poo pool)
    4. Drop Earthen Wall on grouped up players during raid-wide damage
    5. If you run UL/High Tide (which you normally should), use UL to empower a buffed CH during raid-wide damage