10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic News

From a business aspect, I think MMO-C is doing themselves a great disservice by not including much WoW-Classic news on the front page. A extremely large percentage of the WoW player base is playing Classic, so increasing traffic from that population to your website would mean increased revenue. I understand that not a lot of WoW-Classic is considered "news" since it is, fundamentally, an old game. However, things such as in-game events, hotfixes, stealth-fixes, world "firsts," etc. would make a great addition to the front page.

For example, last week was the first week some players reached Rank 14. That is the lengthiest and most dedicated achievement to obtain in all of WoW, yet not a peep from MMO-C on this news. Or another example is that Blizzard stealth-patched premade AV out of the game (once again) 6 days ago without any mention of it in patch notes. These are really large things occuring in classic that MMO-C has not covered, not to mention that all of the "holiday" events that have gone uncovered for classic as well.

Just find it odd that MMO-C doesn't want the ad revenue for what is an enormous portion of the WoW player base.

What news are there? It's a 15 year-old game.

News of what? What news can you get for Classic that's perpetually forever lacking new content ??

I agree with you OP, I play both versions and all these stealth fixes would be nice to know, like the wrapping paper nerf so you cannot sell wrapped gifts anymore and sell them cross faction (which is stupid) but ya I would like to know.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The only news is that BWL is out what..tomorrow? I forget.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I'm still surprised this is chugging along. But as far as I know, there isn't any news? Everything that's been done has been done. There's no surprises.

Just go to the Classic Reddit page. All the news (filter through good and bad memes) and none of the hate.

We had a long ass period of time where the site posted Ghostcrawler tweets that weren't even all about WoW. I don't see why they couldn't post some Classic WoW news, especially considering that it is both WoW aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could get old news from 2004 too
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

They never even bothered to have any amount of actual moderation on the Classic subforum, so don't expect much.
    Feels like MMOC is like Blizzard : Classic is good for business, so they give the absolute minimum lip service, but they don't really care about it and would gladly haven't ever done it if it weren't such a goldmine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Just go to the Classic Reddit page. All the news (filter through good and bad memes) and none of the hate.
    As much as I hate the circlejerk nature of Reddit, this is an excellent suggestion for anybody who wants to live in an insular world free from the realization that there exist people who also enjoy playing the retail version of the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    We had a long ass period of time where the site posted Ghostcrawler tweets that weren't even all about WoW. I don't see why they couldn't post some Classic WoW news, especially considering that it is both WoW aswell.
    Because Ghostcrawler had very influential opinions on WoW and was someone of a "experienced advisor"/"insight" to still potentially learn things from.

For people who reach rank 14 we know that they just no-lifed it while escaping all other adult responsibilities (because that's what would be required). Not really insightful in any aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As much as I hate the circlejerk nature of Reddit, this is an excellent suggestion for anybody who wants to live in an insular world free from the realization that there exist people who also enjoy playing the retail version of the game.
    Pretty much. Go to any game's reddit if you wanna experience a positive bubble not in line with reality.

I for one saw countless posts complaining about classic news on the front page...

If they add an easier identifier to it, and let people filter them, then it's fine. Otherwise I think it would have the opposite effect to "increasing traffic".

They do post Classic news already. No need to try and sell it using hyperbole and conjecture.

If you want more in-depth "reporting" such as a tweak to bump the droprate of bear asses by 0.4%, then WoWhead and Reddit are the place to be.