Thread: Monk in M+

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk in M+

Sup peeps!

Haven't touched the game since err... 3 or 4 patches ago, played MW/BrM for the most part.

LoL is getting tiresome (the toxic community is great fun to play with) so i'm back into WoW.

How, in general, do Monks feel now this current patch? I don't care if we're not meta, but i'd be very happy if we were happily accepted into pugs etc...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Sup peeps!

Haven't touched the game since err... 3 or 4 patches ago, played MW/BrM for the most part.

LoL is getting tiresome (the toxic community is great fun to play with) so i'm back into WoW.

How, in general, do Monks feel now this current patch? I don't care if we're not meta, but i'd be very happy if we were happily accepted into pugs etc...!
    Arguably dethroned druid as best all around class, so pretty good imo.

5+ Year Old Account
    I main BRM rn and it's stellar af. Monk is in a decent place all around I think.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I'm seeing a bunch of them this patch. Lot of the people who played Druids have rolled monks in my guild.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The game lacks WW monks which is too bad because they are awesome for M+.

I played BrM up until this patch (no major changes) and I loved it. By far the most fun tank in game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    In what way? Way more Druids in Raids. M+ has way more Resto Dru than MW. More Balance than WW in Keys. Seeing more Guardian Drus than before. Monk has def gotten better this patch, but Druids still looking better in pretty much every aspect.

All three specs are in a fine place for m+.

MW is quite strong for raw healing and has a solid toolkit for M+. With Fistweaving viable again, we also bring respectable passive DPS without sacrificing healing. Still lack solid damage reduction CD’s however, but this is only really an issue in Cutting Edge M raids where DR is more important than raw throughput (can’t heal the raid if it’s dead).

WW brings the same utility as MW to M+ along with the standard Melee interrupt. Rogues are less required now for shroud so that’s helped.

Don’t play BrM, and our BrM Tank for raids has re-rolled so I haven’t healed one this patch either and can’t say how the nerds effected them.

All sounds good to me! I heard BrM is rather hard to heal now due to the nerf it took, still strong but requires a little more attention than previous. No dramas, I'm only playing MW.

As a WW you're doing good in terms of DMG. However not nearly as good as DH/Outlaw/...
    As MW you're doing good in term of healing output and "passive" dmg. However not nearly as good as druids/palas.
    As Brm you're doing good in terms of not dying but you take alot more dmg than other tanks and don't put out as much dmg. However not nearly as good as prot warriors do the job.

Overall you're pretty ccapable of doing whatever you ingame. However not nearly as good as others. Unfortunately we live in a world of extremes now so basically as a monk you're doing pretty bad.

The fact that there are so few of us further hurts in this subject. There are few monks and those who still play often don't understand the class because it seems to be tricky to play monk (i dont get why).

So the overall player perception is not good and you're doing fine but not as fine.
    As to my own experiences: as brm and MW you have the bonus of being tank or heal which gets you into groups but most of the time it is a pain to get into runs (espc in the mid-range of skill eg later hc/first mythic bosses + keys above 16)

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    As a WW you're doing good in terms of DMG. However not nearly as good as DH/Outlaw/...
    As MW you're doing good in term of healing output and "passive" dmg. However not nearly as good as druids/palas.
    As Brm you're doing good in terms of not dying but you take alot more dmg than other tanks and don't put out as much dmg. However not nearly as good as prot warriors do the job.

Overall you're pretty ccapable of doing whatever you ingame. However not nearly as good as others. Unfortunately we live in a world of extremes now so basically as a monk you're doing pretty bad.

The fact that there are so few of us further hurts in this subject. There are few monks and those who still play often don't understand the class because it seems to be tricky to play monk (i dont get why).

So the overall player perception is not good and you're doing fine but not as fine.
    As to my own experiences: as brm and MW you have the bonus of being tank or heal which gets you into groups but most of the time it is a pain to get into runs (espc in the mid-range of skill eg later hc/first mythic bosses + keys above 16)
    WW is doing insane damage in M+ after the buff. They still suck in raids but in M+ they are not behind Outlaw anymore. A good WW player will dominate on the dps meters in high keys. Too bad there are so few of them.

BrM:

While warrior was a solid overall choice and the goto tank in MDI because of the raw damage they bring, BrM was the dominant tank in very high keys last season.
    This was because 1. they tend not do instagib und 2. ring was very strong with emissaries.

In the new season warrior seems to be on the top again. But there are still quite a few BrM in the very high runs. And it might be that BrM will pull ahead of warrior the higher the keys get simply because they can survive hits the warrior can´t.

On top of that a BrM makes some pulls possible a warrior struggles with. Due to ring and transcendence.

But only few are aiming for that range of keys.

In short: BrM is the 2nd best tank in m+ and a good BrM can do things other tanks can´t

WW:
    Melee is overall greate in m+ with certain exceptions. WW does great damage but is not on par with Rogue regarding utility and with DH regarding survivability. And WW is so squishy and tends to die faster than the rest of the melee.
    So if push comes to shove DH/Rogue will be prefered. But that is the case for every melee and if you ask me a WW is possibly the 3rd best melee atm. Fury does perform great, too.

MW:
    Is rumored to be the number 1 healer in the upcoming MDI. I would rank him 3rd atm on live behind druid/pala.
    But there is no reason not to take a MW. MW does great in m+

There is definitely a shortage on monks out there. I rarely see a MW and I nearly never see a WW in random keys.
    Last edited by Sámsa; 2020-03-02 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post

There is nothing tricky about playing a monk and resource building isn't hard at all to do decent damage, I know this because I'm one of those "few" monks. MW healing output is damn good right now and BM is still a favorable pin cushion. Most monks I know don't have trouble getting into groups for mythics at all.

To do this so quickly, you need a lot of experience and knowledge.

Watching andybrew have 32% passive vers and proc to 75% during combat makes Brewmaster look absolutely monstrous. 75% damage reduction? Ok mate ������

unless you plan to push 20+ keys every specc is viable in m+. you wont have any problems finding a group as monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Watching andybrew have 32% passive vers and proc to 75% during combat makes Brewmaster look absolutely monstrous. 75% damage reduction? Ok mate ������
    remember to halve the value, since the whole is the +dmg/healing%, while half of it is given to DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    but Druids still looking better in pretty much every aspect.
    Except tanking, pvp and melee?

At what point does Brew not feel squishy? And is it always going to be a tank that relies heavily on a healer? (No decent self-heal option).

I play MW alot in arena but really enjoy tanking M+, so far Guardian, DH and Paladin are super nice to tank with whereas Brew always felt like I was just slowly dying with no way of stopping it.