Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    And if we follow that logic, Worgen are the greatest, cause the pack form is stronger than all druid forms combined

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I do agree to a certain extent, but I feel like, had he not been taken from the Explosion, his body could at the very least handle the lessened effects of Mannoroth's Blood. But, that's just me.
    people who drink one time barely survive, and he drink two times, and he was in directly contact with manoroth, his link was way powerful

and like i said, i doubt he had time to run, and i don't think him running would make much difference, Garrosh was able because he jump taking the momentum, and the terrain was different too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And what about a little context? Why did she detonated that bridge WHILE she was still on it?
    She was fighting the Scourge as they were attempting to cross said bridge, holding them back from the fleeing caravan while it crossed and put distance between one another. She couldn't press forward as she was already being overwhelmed by the Scourge's sheer numbers, nor could she withdraw across the bridge herself without allowing a knot of Scourge to cross along with her. Taking out the bridge was pretty much her only option to deny the Scourge access to the other side of the river and stop their chase of the caravan she was protecting.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people who drink one time barely survive, and he drink two times, and he was in directly contact with manoroth, his link was way powerful

and like i said, i doubt he had time to run, and i don't think him running would make much difference, Garrosh was able because he jump taking the momentum, and the terrain was different too.
    Blah, I guess you're right. He's still an idiot for drinking a second time. Poor addict.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I know now how to interpret Groms words the best in the context he grew up in or better which cultures he grew up in and met in his life.

As seen in WC3 the Orks were a culture where men were the primal military force, their enemies pretty much were the same.
    Humans: Frontline forces all male, some mages were female. Smaller than orks.
    High Elves: Mostly male. Small and fragile.
    Dwarfes: Male forces.
    Gnomes: Probably a joke to Orks no matter what.

And now he encounters some tribe of warrior women that are as tall as orcs and fight suborn to the death.
    So compared to what he has known before these were the most savage women he's ever met.
    (He also never saw their males, they were still sleeping by that point in time)

As for what happened to the night elves after WC3:
    In Warcraft3 part of the nigh elf identity and what made them unique compared to the other races was that their social structure with the females being the warriors/hunters and gatherers while the males were the usually quiet, nature driven kind that could fight but usually wouldn't.
    That was completely gone with WoW.

The Druidism got watered down and was given to multiple other races. "Now with Hamuul Runetotem who could stomp the Archdruid if he wanted!"

The war of the ancients that they fought 10k years ago? Now more and more races had their hands in that. Some time travelling Boxxy-Sue, Tauren that got special horns for that and so on.. and they would have lost each time without the help of their special friends.

Their Germanic/Celtic culture mix? Well that's just a downgrade because they have basically been the Roman empire before they fucked up. And their world tree is just one of many magical trees to seal a magical pond.

The Architecture? Those living buildings were turned into wooden shacks and some stone structures. (like the temple)

Not to mention that Blizzard has the bad habit to write established characters down to heighten their new favourite. Case in point:
    Tyrande get's outsmarted by:
    Garrosh
    Varian
    Those spirit beasts from Pandaria
    Xavious (at least twice)

Sylvie needs the spotlight? Well let her take down Malfurion!

And all new night elf characters got the shaft as well.
    Sira (introduced in Cata) died a stupid death and now a is brainless hench-woman of Sylvannas.
    Staghelm got crazy and ended up as a raidboss.
    Cordana Fellsong Completely new and cool character just turned to the Legion and ended up as a Dungeon Boss.
    Not to mention that every new night elf character that was introduced with BFA got killed. Like Deralyn who just got invented to die and then get resurrected as an undead plot point.

Its not only based on Gromms quote. The night elfs are an ancient race where the warriors have experienced world threatening wars before the horde came to be. But suddenly every single fighter and leader has become incompetent in World of Warcraft. Just think about it, if you have lived for 10.000 years as a warrior or druid or whatever in a forest, would you lose to another fighter who hasnt even lived 1% of your lifespan? Obviously no, you would have fought many wars earlier and would know not to understimate your opponent even though you are more skilled and experienced. Thats where we come from, the same goes for the leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    night elves before were way more "wood elves" or like the drow

now they are just some cliche lotr elf being human buddies
    exactly
    i was stunned in vanilla with their highschool cheerleader bouncy idle animation, this is the LAST thing i'd expect an amazonian like race to do, bounce their boobs?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The problem with the quote is Blizz has spent years weakening the Night Elves to the point they dont resemble anything from Warcraft 3.

The Zandalari were not dominated by Sentinels which did not exist at the time. They were dominated by superior magic of the Well of Eternity in the hands of the Night Elves. Also men used to dominate the Night Elf army until the Legion basically destroyed it during the War of the Ancients.

Not to mention the Zandalari and all Troll Empires were nearly destroyed by the Aquir and were a shadow of their former selves. If not for that even the Night Elves superior magic would not have been enough to defeat the Zandalari and other Troll Empires.
    Really? Glad hat the amani heared of that before they got their asses kicked by the highelfes then.

And that was before the ammassed that much that the highelfes had to teach the humans magic.

And what about a little context? Why did she detonated that bridge WHILE she was still on it?

Watch last minute.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

Watch last minute.
    Yeah I know what happened. I did play the original campaign of WC3 back in the end, but just wanted to confront those who say she was stupid to detonate the bridge while she was on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Staghelm got crazy and ended up as a raidboss.
    This is what I really hated, Staghelm who was the only active night elf against the stigma that night elfs are peacefull was made a raidboss. They could have said that he became insane. Malfurion wants to abandon him but Cenarius forbids it and convinces Malfurion to help Staghelm regain his sanity. That would have been a good reason why Malfurion is doing nothing in MoP and WoD. But nope, blizzard doesnt think that far even though they always say that they think three expansions ahead. Bollocks I say, bollocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    This is what I really hated, Staghelm who was the only active night elf against the stigma that night elfs are peacefull was made a raidboss. They could have said that he became insane. Malfurion wants to abandon him but Cenarius forbids it and convinces Malfurion to help Staghelm regain his sanity. That would have been a good reason why Malfurion is doing nothing in MoP and WoD. But nope, blizzard doesnt think that far even though they always say that they think three expansions ahead. Bollocks I say, bollocks!
    Horde has similar problem. If a warchief doesn't follow ways of honor and shamanism, he ends up betrayed by his generals that didn't even bother to plot discreetly.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You realize that "Fight" was largely just him distracting her long enough for the portal to become unstable, yes?
    WC3 the only lore we had in regards to wardens and watchers were that they were essentially the police and nothing more.
    Even in WC3, if you read the flavor text and descriptions, their nature allies were largely stated to have been allies for the time due to the burning legion invasion.
    Well he had to fight her since she would protect the well. Also "At seeing his love fall, Furion went into a murderous rage and resolved to end Azshara’s life". So everything indicates that he had more or less the same power lvl.
    And no you're wrong, in Wc3 the flavor text specifies that their nature allies joined them regardless of the legion invasion. For exemple "The mysterious chimaeras of Ashenvale Forest are deadly, territorial beasts who have developed an empathic bond with the night elf race". Nothing to do with the Legion.
    Also in game, those units are part of the Night Elves before and after the Legion invasion. For exemple Malfurion brings Mountain Giants with him during tft and explain why they are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You're also discounting Azshara's power level as stated in a book, while also using the same book (poorly) to defend how strong Malfurion is, you know that right?
    Where is it stated that Azshara's power lvl is far superior to Malfurion?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point exactly.. stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Neither were most of his kinsmen who swore to uphold his oath. Actually, the majority of the Noldor kind of come across as assholes and morons.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear Tyrande and the bridge incident used a lot to point Tyrande as stupid or foolish - but in the events of the WC3: TFT Tyrande was holding the line against the oncoming Scourge forces coming from Pyrewood. She bade the caravan of Blood Elves (including Kael himself) pass over the bridge to safety while she prevented the Scourge from following, then blew up the bridge in the midst of the fighting with herself on it to prevent the Scourge from easily following and killing the Blood Elven refugees. Basically she nearly sacrificed herself to save others, which is pretty much in keeping which her role as Priestess of the Moon and Sentinel. If she were able to blow the bridge from a safe distance she likely would have, but that wasn't how things played out.
    There was no reason for her to make it seem like her last stand: FOR THE KAL DOREI... ye nope.

Its nice you are trying to justify it and make it in line with the story.. but cmon even some rp doesnt cut this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    this was written and established after WC3 so the downgrade still happened in a sense. A WC3 purist will never accept this as canon
    Ye but who cares about what a wc3 purist has to say, at this point wc3 only accounts for a small chapter in nelf lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Grom just had a hard-on for night elves. And honestly, I can't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    My point exactly.. stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no reason for her to make it seem like her last stand: FOR THE KAL DOREI... ye nope.

Its nice you are trying to justify it and make it in line with the story.. but cmon even some rp doesnt cut this.
    Nope because you take what happened in game (with its technical limitations) as canon. She destroyed the bridge while on it because she could not do it from a distance (Lunar fall power is centered around the caster btw) and there was no time to set up explosives before they get overrun.

So how about nope?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Ye but who cares about what a wc3 purist has to say, at this point wc3 only accounts for a small chapter in nelf lore.
    but... I care about wc3 purists because they are a huge threat in actually "Reforging" WC3R

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    but... I care about wc3 purists because they are a huge threat in actually "Reforging" WC3R
    Nah, probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Nah, probably not.
    thanks to them Anasterian and Thalorien are just soulless oversized creeps in game; and the cutscenes and UI were pulled out