Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would love Wrath. What I'd be more curious about is if the no changers who were so loud and vehement about Classic would also want Wrath with no changes, or would they push for things like no LFG or ToC not totally invalidating Ulduar, etc. and show they're nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Trial of the Crusader was certainly the laziest, the poorest, the worst raid in warcraft history with 1 circular room for the first 4 bosses, plus a cave for the last.
    I loved ToC because there was no trash, fuck trash

Dungeon were even more faceroll than in MOP, completely forgettable.
    When in wrath are we talking? Release day wrath heroics were more difficult than release day MoP heroics. End of xpac doesn't fucking matter because it's end of xpac stat foolery but they were equal to my knowledge besides H Halls of Reflection 1st boss if people didn't hide in the fucking corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I would love Wrath. What I'd be more curious about is if the no changers who were so loud and vehement about Classic would also want Wrath with no changes, or would they push for things like no LFG or ToC not totally invalidating Ulduar, etc. and show they're nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.
    I stopped being #teamNoChanges after Blizz made fucking changes
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Globi View Post
    Wut??? WOTLK is probably the worst xpac from the lore-side.
    That would be TBC, thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't ever touch Classic or BC classic if they did it BUT a Wrath CLassic? HELL YES!!!!!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd play the !@#$ out of a WotLK remake. Classes were great, raids were cool (except ToC ofc) and even PvP was quite enjoyable, once DKs and Rets were reined in. Story had its silly parts, but which expansion doesn't? At least, it wasn't BfA levels of cringeyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    If WotLK was re-released it would have the same effect Classic WoW had. People would be all hyped for it for a couple months and then they'll get bored of it and they'll realize it's not how they thought it was going to be. I called it with Classic WoW and I'm gonna call it here.

Me, I wouldn't even have any interest in playing it. I played through that expansion already, quite thoroughly too, so I have no desire to play through it all over again.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-02-11 at 05:05 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Why would they apply the pre-cata patch to a WotLK classic server? Did they apply the BC prepatch to Classic? They would apply the final Wrath patch for balance purposes (as I even stated in my first sentence). Blood dps and unholy tank would still exist per the patch changes section. 4.0.1 was when Blood was given dedicated tanking duty. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_knight
    I missed that he had said that I just saw last patch before cata and assumed he wanted Cata Pre patch in Wrath. I think Wrath was perfect at release when Wild Growth had no CD on it though. Made My druid Heal main even more OP than they already were. But I loved ICC Blood DK and Miss Armor Penn.

I'd be in heaven. That's for sure.

I love WoTLK to this day.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wait so the nr 1 point is good for wrath but bad for wod?lol,and no..difficulty isnt subjective,the game today is HARDER than ever at endgame,thats what im talking about,wrath 90% of the raids were a joke at the TOP,bfa has had some of the hardest overall raiding content,sure there was no kiljaeden in bfa but more bosses overall harder
    Uunat was BfAs KJ.

All the top guilds had 750+ pulls on it and they were already gear capped.

And because CE went away with AEP it’s probably the most exclusive CE ever. It had like 150 kills even after the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    If WotLK was re-released it would have the same effect Classic WoW had. People would be all hyped for it for a couple months and then they'll get bored of it and they'll realize it's not how they thought it was going to be. I called it with Classic WoW and I'm gonna call it here.

Me, I wouldn't even have any interest in playing it. I played through that expansion already, quite thoroughly too, so I have no desire to play through it all over again.
    Ehm classic right now is what carring sub numbers even after 6 months. Thats why Blizz made decision to add new content for classic players in the future.

If they were to re-release WotLK, then I’d love to see them add the scrapped Azjol-Nerub zone and raid aswell like they originally wanted. Just replace the ToC raid for Azjol-Nerub and make Anub’arak the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Ehm classic right now is what carring sub numbers even after 6 months. Thats why Blizz made decision to add new content for classic players in the future.
    Classic is not carrying subs, what crack are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I was part of a very average guild and we cleaned it the second week. One week to level up and get some gear and one week to kills 14 bosses, yup, 14.
    Trial of the Crusader was certainly the laziest, the poorest, the worst raid in warcraft history with 1 circular room for the first 4 bosses, plus a cave for the last.
    Dungeon were even more faceroll than in MOP, completely forgettable.
    I recall people were complaining trash pulls in raids and just wanted to skip to the bosses. Nothing else. That is what we got. And other people complained.

I though some of the bosses had interesting mechanics. The Faction Champions were different. Rather fighting one or two bosses, we fought an elite group instead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks because I remember what happened after Ulduar.

You know, LFG.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    As of Ulduar maybe, but the launch raids were laughably easy. What they made of the former glory of Naxxramas was sickening.

People like to forget that the first tier in Wrath was a joke. Even Sartharion 3D was not that hard - although the concept was at least a bit fun. But alas one boss.

And the entire concept of the Trial of the Crusader Raid was also rather stupid to me. In summary, Ulduar and ICC were good. The first tier was a waste of a formerly good raid, TotC was silly, and Ruby Sanctum was a bland filler.
    Most normal launch raids are clearable on opening day by most guilds/pugs. did you honestly have any trouble in EN? No? how about HM?...

Big shock, a remake of a raid used to launch an expansion wasn't as hard as the final vanilla raid we went into blind, with worse addons, less experience, and in a time where class balance was a lot more lop sided and janky...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Most normal launch raids are clearable on opening day by most guilds/pugs. did you honestly have any trouble in EN? No? how about HM?...

Big shock, a remake of a raid used to launch an expansion wasn't as hard as the final vanilla raid we went into blind, with worse addons, less experience, and in a time where class balance was a lot more lop sided and janky...
    You picked an extremely poor example, as EN is regarded as one of the most undertuned raids since naxx2.0 which left a fair share of people disapointed back then. Not that I neccessarily agree, as the difficulty allowed more casual guilds to clear it as well before NH released, nontheless you example doesn't really make your case here. At the time this was also far from common, since clearing the full-group raids on the "highest difficulty" since BC was a fairly difficult thing to do. Not to mention naxx is a large raid with 15 (!) bosses you could breeze through. The timeline matters here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You picked an extremely poor example, as EN is regarded as one of the most undertuned raids since naxx2.0 which left a fair share of people disapointed back then. Not that I neccessarily agree, as the difficulty allowed more casual guilds to clear it as well before NH released, nontheless you example doesn't really make your case here. At the time this was also far from common, since clearing the full-group raids on the "highest difficulty" since BC was a fairly difficult thing to do. Not to mention naxx is a large raid with 15 (!) bosses you could breeze through. The timeline matters here.
    Even the harder ones like BWD, and Uldir where being cleared day one by many guilds, and some pugs. the only reason things like Kara took longer is because to even get in you needed multiple reps for the heroic keys, so you could complete the key to even start the raid. As for Nax at the "highest difficulty" many guilds did have a harder time on 25 man then on 10. Many people love to blanket cover all of nax with their memories of the 10 man difficulty setting which was easier at the time, but this was the first attempt at giving the players a choice in group size something was bound to be a lesser version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember my armor pen reducing all bosses armor to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It'd be nice if they released patches in stages instead of the final patch on launch. It's one of the biggest reasons Classic is a joke.
    One of the biggest reasons Classic is a joke is because of the content, not that its 1.12. A choice was made. The most complete version of the game or bugs, bugs and more bugs. Blizzrd made the right choice. Unfortunately the game itself just isn't up to scratch. You can tell Blizzard are panicking. BWL cleared in 40 minutes. First Major raid release after launch and it is demolished. People were saying 2-4 hours right on this very site. Not even fucking close. Right after the embarrassment Blizzard offers 50% off directly advertised at Classic players. Are Classic subs really that low that at a point where they should be surging, a brand new fucking raid, that they have to advertise 50% off?

You are right. Classic is a joke, but its for far more serious reasons

and Blizzard are directly advertsing 50% off Classic wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

"What if"?

LOL you mean "when". Classic showed Blizz that instead of making new games that are 99% recycled or cannibalized from their old games, they can literally just re-release old games.