Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    In fact, there are already night elf paladins in lore: Delas Moonfang. She converted from a priestess to a paladin in the paladin campaign storyline in Legion. Her uncle Nerus also becomes a paladin during the same storyline. And in Azsuna you can find Alynblaze, the ghost of a NE paladin, meaning there were already at least one of them in the past.
    I mentioned that in the quote you quoted.

    Yeah, they can exist, so we should be able to unlock them as playable. They certainly aren't common, they don't have a subfaction like the Shen'dralar or Sunwalkers, so they shouldn't be unlocked for everyone right off the bat.

  2. #22
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I am Paladin.

    Horde got Zandalari Troll, in BfA. First new race option since 2007.
    Cataclysm was released 7/12-2010, and with it, Tauren Paladins.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Cataclysm was released 7/12-2010, and with it, Tauren Paladins.
    Furry option doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Since SL is giving a much needed facelift to character creation and the motif of SL seems to be choose your own adventure style with covenants; it got me thinking, this is like the perfect expansion to go all the way and remove an archaic barrier.


    The biggest hurdle obviously being druids, but I think it would be fine for them to retain their exclusivity since they're already supposed to be the 'special class.'



    We've seem numerous times that races can deviate from their racial class group, I think its time for players to be able to do so as well. As I see it the concern is over classes losing their identity but in current WoW, Trolls can be Paladins and Humans can be Shamans so I feel that ship has already sailed.
    tauren demon hunters?!

    i look up to the sky
    a bird poops in my eye
    i cry
    thank God cows dont fly
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Letting pandas be DKs was the end of anything making sense anymore. Might as well have goblin rocket dildo druids.
    I'm not a lore guy (but like it when I read up on it), but why would that be the final straw? Aren't DKs just Lich King raised "anything's"? It would seem moreso than any class any race could fit because they could be anything that died and was raised.

    Again I don't know that's just my take. Glad to hear otherwise if that's the case to learn more.

  6. #26
    I'd be okay if they let blood/void elves be druids and shaman.

  7. #27
    What about same "fat" races being rogue...
    What about tiny blood elf or void elf female as a fury warrior with 2x2h sword...
    You could find more examples like this!

  8. #28
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Furry option doesn't count.
    Your argument was that paladin hadn't had a new race choice since 2007 (TBC), which was false, Wether you condone Tauren Paladins or not.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Cataclysm was released 7/12-2010, and with it, Tauren Paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Furry option doesn't count.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but weren't Lightforged added in November 2019 and able to be Paladins? I think that would make them the last added Paladin race prior to the Zandalari Trolls were....

    Quote Originally Posted by dragi View Post
    What about same "fat" races being rogue...
    What about tiny blood elf or void elf female as a fury warrior with 2x2h sword...
    You could find more examples like this!
    Um not sure if you're being sarcastic but females for both the Blood Elves and Void Elves can be 2x2h fury warriors already....

  10. #30
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but weren't Lightforged added in November 2019 and able to be Paladins? I think that would make them the last added Paladin race prior to the Zandalari Trolls were....
    Am I missing something, or have Lightforged Draenei switched faction?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Am I missing something, or have Lightforged Draenei switched faction?
    My bad. I thought Snowflakesz was mentioning adding of any race to be Paladins.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And thank god no they haven't switched factions. Horde doesn't want space goat squid people in it.

  12. #32
    Demon Hunter Gnome, when Blizz?!

    I want to see gnats buzzing about.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-12 at 07:30 AM.

  13. #33
    They ignored Laura Shigihara, yet brought us Vulpera and Mechagnomes.
    They can burn in hell.

  14. #34
    What i'd like to say is no, but I have to say yes, simply because the precedent is already set of shit making no sense at all, we may as well add more shit and also add things that do make sense.

    For instance, things that make no sense at all: Nightborne priests exist. Nightborne warriors exist. How hard would it be for the Nightborne warriors to teach the priests how to use weapons and create paladins? Not very hard at all, certainly not as hard as a bunch of monks showing up at the Nighthold minutes after we recruit them to the Horde and them immediately knowing how to weave mist, full kung fu, master brewmastery and so on.

    Basically, take every instance where priests exist but paladins don't and you have yourself an illogical situation. They already understood this when they added holy cows for instance. So why not Undead? why not Night Elves? Paladins of both of those races already exist in the lore - hell, we spend a large part of the Paladin campaign training a night elf priest to become a paladin!

    Other things that don't make sense. Night Elves can weave magic and can control the fel. So... I just described warlocks? Apparently not, as they're not available.

    Then there are things that exist, yet don't make sense. Gnomes and goblins being warriors for instance.

    So.. yeah, i'd love to say no and we'd just add all the things like make sense like Undead Paladins, then remove all the things that don't make sense like Night Elf mages, but, we live in a world where monks basically teleport around the world mind-melding decades of training and knowledge directly into the brains of all of our newly recruited races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Islam is a race. End of discussion.
    Nazi btw

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I am Paladin.

    Horde got Zandalari Troll, in BfA. First new race option since 2007.

    Yes, I'd love some new Race options.
    eh... what?
    tauren paladins in cata and lightforged drenei in legion and dark iron dwarfs in bfa were all options added between 2007 and zandalari

  16. #36
    Class restriction is a joke. It made sense in vanilla or so, but after they've made almost anything available to anyone it's just an annoyance.

  17. #37
    Why worgen, when try to channel their feral rage, turn into hello Kitty? Their natural aggressive worgen form as shown in initial lore gave them so much power, turns out it is for cutting hide. Ok!

    Fix this before adding race class combo.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but weren't Lightforged added in November 2019 and able to be Paladins?
    I'm usually one to stand up for Blizzard.

    But on this, aside from the technicality of being named "Lightforged Dranei" instead of just "Dranei", can anyone tell these apart?
    Same model, sure the newer one has brighter skin tones, and tattoos that nobody will ever see.

    Sorry, but in my book, I won't give this option much credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

  19. #39
    I actually think there is too much for too many classes. Take some away. Why would zandalari and kul tiran be druids? Nightelf mage. Gnome Warrior?

  20. #40
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,162
    Yes. Anyone who uses ‘lore’ as a defence against this at this point is deluding themselves into thinking that Blizzard still care about lore. They don’t. You shouldn’t.

    Void Elf Paladins please.

    At a push they could just make race-specific class skins so that it ‘makes sense’ in the non-existent “lore”.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2020-02-12 at 09:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •