Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think that the rest of the content is horrible but I also don't think that visions are all that great.

Visions were designed to annoy the crap out of you, from constantly being knocked around the map in one area to forcing you do auto run in another area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.
    Have you considered that people might have a different opinion than you?

Edit, just looked at OP's post/thread history. Obvious troll, moving on.
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tHe oNlY rEaSoN pEoPlE pRaIsEd MaGe tOwEr wAs bEcAuSe tHe rEsT oF tHe cOnTeNt wAs bAd
    To be fair, 7.2 was a pretty bad patch

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They're actually pretty great, especially after the recent nerfs for tanks/healers so everyone can full clear them on their main spec without much trouble.

It's actually kind of perfect content, it can be done solo or in a flexible group size, every class/spec can full clear on the base difficulty and then there's extra difficulty levels beyond that if you're interested in the challenge. If you only want to do the bare minimum that takes less than 5 minutes a week, but there's a lot of extra things you could do if you're interested in it.

Honestly if Torghast follows the same formula next expansion I think Shadowlands will be pretty great solely from that.

Visions are fun on their own, rewards are shit though. This could've been BfA's Mage Tower, but they botched it.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol, so masks are nothing like +2,+3,+4,+5 mythics? You are right that is great non-repetitive content.
    ftfy. Seems you don't even know what they do?
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-02-11 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Visions are fun on their own, rewards are shit though. This could've been BfA's Mage Tower, but they botched it.
    Pretty much this. Would have been nice to get some fine exclusive transmog, but with being end of the expansion I don’t see me playing it for long. I think this system would have been a lot better than the neck, should have been at the start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The odd thing, for me at least, is that I think the Visions are probably the weaker elements of 8.3. I'm enjoying the mount-hunting aspects of the Assault subzones more, surprisingly enough, although the bloom will fade from that rose as I collect them. I've yet to run Visions with a group, though; so I'm hoping that that adds more fun to them in the general sense. Visions aren't bad, per se; just not my cup of tea.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    The only people salty enough to complain about them are unable to learn their class abilities and tactics to complete a difficult task. They also refuse to use a MMO to play with others to achieve said difficult tasks.

Then you have the time gated warriors who keep thinking one day an MMO (that makes money from making players play longer) will not use time gated mechanics!
    Last edited by Rivex; 2020-02-11 at 01:09 PM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.
    Or maybe they like what they see... Just because someone doesn't see it the way you do doesn't make either of you right or wrong... its an opinion call.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Try to play Alliance in Europe in Warmode.
    The game have never had so many horror elements as it does now. Try to kill a rare? The horde is just around the corner...try to do a small scenario in the assaults? Horde may kill you and take all the rep for themselves.

It's fun to be on edge. But it's frustratingly fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

Honestly if Torghast follows the same formula next expansion I think Shadowlands will be pretty great solely from that.
    This is why the game is in the state it's in. This is why Blizzard has been through so many PR disasters lately. Because the bar is so, so low, that all they have to do is churn out a mediocre piece of content and people will hand over the money for an expansion and subscription.

"People like what I don't like? unpossible"
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Praising? no one.
    The rest of the content is twitch-kappa-ratboy oriented so what do you expect?

I like them just fine. They are not amazing, could have been more, but so far im enjoying them

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Pretty much this. Would have been nice to get some fine exclusive transmog, but with being end of the expansion I don’t see me playing it for long. I think this system would have been a lot better than the neck, should have been at the start!
    There's an exclusive enchant illusion.

and backpack transmog, and couple mounts and toys

- - - Updated - - -

This is why the game is in the state it's in. This is why Blizzard has been through so many PR disasters lately. Because the bar is so, so low, that all they have to do is churn out a mediocre piece of content and people will hand over the money for an expansion and subscription.
    and yet there are threads by people claiming wod which had virtually NO content was better...
    almost like people have different opinions on EVERYTHING...
    visions are nice, not something groundbreaking lke m+ system but nice, if you dont like to progres in them what you have to do to improve your back takes couple minutes a week and after that you can ignore them completely...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and backpack transmog, and couple mounts and toys
    Sadly for me those don’t interest me, I go for weapon/gear transmog. Similar to MOP and WOD CM, even the Mage tower. For mounts tho, I use roflcopter since TBC and it’s always been my mount since <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, every piece of content that comes out there's hordes of people claiming it's boring, pointless and what not. What is content that's actually good? I want a concrete example, not "If you do X it should Y and Z" etc.