Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why did you stop raiding (if you did stop, ofcourse)?

Im interested why people stop raiding, just as I did.
    No, I didnt unsub or anything, I still play, just quit on raiding for several reasons.

I mostly did heroic raiding twice a week since Cata, mythic was out of reach just for not willing to commit that much and didnt have right guild for that.
    Biggest reason was M+, nice addition to the game where I can challenge myself without the need for having schedule and for its short duration, with nice rewards and no lockout, so content on demand at all times.
    Next reason is duration - raids last for 3 hours and sitting on a chair it quite tiresome at my age.
    Also, guild members - there is always at least one or two guildies who are annoying, or talk too much for my taste, or too
    Then raidleader - stuborn ones, who just insist on same tactic and not willing to try different approach by listening to suggestions.
    So, what are your reasons?

I raided in BC and laaaaate Vanilla. I stopped first patch of Wrath because the raiding was bad, my raiding guild started dying, and I just didn't want to schedule aspects of my life around a game anymore.
    It also didn't help seeing my hard-earned epics get stomped by leveling blues, twice.
    It all just really clicked into perspective during the middle of a 25m Naxx. Nothing like clearing recycled raid content twice in a week to make you ask why you're even doing this anymore.

When the game started to feel like a job.

Because you can't play the character or play-style you enjoy. They want you to play a role that has been automated by bots to determine the best spec/gear/etc and you're held to that even though you don't have the gear that is being used in the SIM.

Even when you can one shot a boss, they still complain about who is where on the meters. Someone is always at the bottom and they're always an easy target. Go even further... I was a holy pally, we one shot farm content. Boss dies, no ONE DIES..... asked 'why are you so low on the healing meters'.... My response, 'i'm sorry did someone die due to not being healed by me? Mind you, it's farm content and we were running the same number of healers we did for progression. How about 5 healers on farm content we go down to 2-3..... Nah.

But basically because you can't play the way you want. You're told what someone else read about someone else saying this is how you should play. If you want that person's play-style, go recruit them. If not, don't expect me to be that person.

And the cherry on top. Being called out for mistakes they themselves are guilty of committing. But you can't call them out for it.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-02-11 at 02:14 PM.

Cant invest so much time anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I raided in BC and laaaaate Vanilla. I stopped first patch of Wrath because the raiding was bad, my raiding guild started dying, and I just didn't want to schedule aspects of my life around a game anymore.
    It also didn't help seeing my hard-earned epics get stomped by leveling blues, twice.
    It all just really clicked into perspective during the middle of a 25m Naxx. Nothing like clearing recycled raid content twice in a week to make you ask why you're even doing this anymore.
    I have also raided during late vanilla and TBC and then I stopped early Wotlk.

However I stopped because Naxx was no challenge. I have almost cleared it with bunch of random people during one evening few weeks after release.
    We even did not know tactics. We just charged boss to see what he does. We even killed Noth on first try without any tactic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stopped after uldir, wasnt worth the time investment/effort for the reward (which was getting bislist, not something that really was a thing before they removed TF in 8.3) when i could just run m+ for titanforged opness if i wanted gear.

Been thinking of coming back for 8.3 but listening to my friends who still play it and their complaints about the corruption RNG farm is keeping me from resubbing.

Hoping for a proper resurface for Shadowlands, hard to be an wow addict when you dont play it.

Too much time and too much socialization. Also im BfA the transmogs are very few and low quality.

Didn't feel rewarding anymore. Felt more like work than fun with the scheduled days and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    I have also raided during late vanilla and TBC and then I stopped early Wotlk.

However I stopped because Naxx was no challenge. I have almost cleared it with bunch of random people during one evening few weeks after release.
    We even did not know tactics. We just charged boss to see what he does. We even killed Noth on first try without any tactic.
    Yeah, it was trash difficulty. That was part of why I called Wrath raiding bad.
    (Not saying BC raiding was top tier difficulty or anything, but comparatively, you could not run blindly at Kalecgos and win.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Raised frequently from TBC up to Cata, where I was guild leader in my own guild from Wotlk up to MoP. Was raid leader during most of MoP as well. Stopped raiding in WoD because everyone I knew quit playing. Haven't really raided apart from a few pugs here and there. Don't really have the interest in spending time finding a new guild and all the guild drama that comes with it.

Because I killed Arthas when Kingslayer was current and that felt like the definitive endgame. Subsequent expansions became sandbox content to me, I started a career, and my guild dissolved, in part due to LFR, and in part due to burnout. Everyone just moved on.

I raided regularly during Vanilla, 1-3 times a week, and I earned my keep. But then in TBC we got a new raidleader, and he was very anti dps-warrior, being very much in favor of pure classes. Maybe he thought the hybrid tax was decimating, because I was not given a chance. I was denied a spot unless I started playing as pure tank, which didn't appeal to me that much. Offtank in dps gear was no problem, but my passion was dps/pvp, and respeccing was both impractical and expensive. Part from getting a couple of charity-spots in some raids in the end, I guess I never went back. Did some raiding on my DK in Wotlk for a little while, but that also was very random, and that's basically how things are now as well. I usually raid some normals and perhaps a few mythics during every expansion, but our guild died during BFA, so I have only done a few LFRs of earch tier, just to see the content. Also, I've married and moved/renovated apartments and currently doing a house, while still trying to be a RL friend and family friend, and a good colleague....so no time to pick that up again!
    Mother pus bucket!

I stopped raiding in early BfA, but I was already thinking about stopping in Legion. The reason is that I liked when I could just log in for the raid, log out after it, and (if I wanted to) I could just log in again for the next raid night. I stopped because I just couldn't be arsed to do all the other things in between raid nights to stay competitive and not become a dead weight on the rest of the raid team (like farming artifact power, pushing M+ dungeons, trying to get the two competitive Legion legendaries or now the right BfA corruption affixes, etc).

Stopped serious raiding after killing LK during WotLK due burnout. I was casual after that and no longer care about new content and dogshit game overall.
    Now having TONS of fun raiding again Classic.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-02-11 at 02:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our casual guild of friends who played together for +/- decade dissolved. Some people decided we are hardcore raiding and not casual guild and pushed it too far. Sad story.

Yea i quit trying to raid after first raid of WoD. Personally didn't want to find a new guild that may or may not know how to not stand in the bad better than the ones that just quit the game over not being able to do just that. On the bright side I have actually just returned to raiding in the last 8 months, one thing I can say is, the guild/raid group you have makes the biggest difference in the world. I can see why some would quit raiding, but if you can find a guild of people that could you can be hella close with and hang out, then the experience becomes a lot more fun and less like work.

Shit class design, too much of the good gear comes from outside of raids, alts are bullshit, and my guild disbanded
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I'm simply too old to spare enough time.

First off, I now have a kid, wife and job to look after.
    Secondly, there are better things to do than mindless repetitive "content" almost every single day of the week.

I stopped doing "mythic" (I think it was called heroic then) after MOP. Had a lot of fun, but 100+ attempts on bosses with consumables was getting old.

I stopped doing "heroic" (the new version) after Legion. Did most of the raids, but even that got annoying. My guild was long dead by this point so I was basically pugging through the group finder, and it was inconsistent.

I stopped raiding altogether during BFA. The first raid was garbage, the bosses had stupid mechanics, and it just wasn't worth the effort since M+ was easier to get groups for, easier to complete, and gave equal or better gear. I tried the second raid and that was it. I think I did half of the third raid on LFR, and haven't set foot in the new one.