Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    I fail to see how either of those are an improvement. Either way, seems like you'd either just finish the raid, or not even clear it before the next one comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop acting as if Vanilla/BC content was hard (outside of a few bosses, obviously). Most bosses had 1-2 mechanics and the main difficulty to them was making sure you had the right gear (resistance, hit rating, defense rating, etc).

I'm not trying to defend T7 as harder than you make it out to be (clearly it was undertuned). But continuing this narrative that ALL content pre-wrath was super hard and required "skill" is laughable at best.
    Shorter time before content releases engages the community better (wich in turn fights desinterest and dropouts from raid teams). WoW is the only mmo still doing 6 month patches and getting months wide content droughts. Not only do i think raids are too big, but the delivery of content is too sparse. Making smaller but more often and regular releases is a proven recipe to increase player engagement. PoE developers proved that. I'm sure if you google it, you can find the presentation.

Also, as i pointed out. Making the raids more time acessable will add more players into the content. As of right now the shear time investment needed is a barrier of entry. 3 hour evenings multiple times a week is not something many people are willing to do anymore.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-02-12 at 01:36 PM.

I really don't care to raid on a schedule and I unfortunately have bad experience with pugs, so since there's plenty other content I care about I just skip out on raiding altogether.

My very casual guild tends to reform for the first 2 months of every expansion and I usually raid during that period, but beyond that I barely even step into raids on any difficulty above LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I raided from vanilla untill WoD. I got bored of the game then plus irl stuff became more timeconsuming as well (career, gf) so i quit wow completely.

Now leveling through legion (level 109 currently) and i'll continue to 120.
    perhaps with Shadowlands i'll do the occasional raid again, but will see how it goes at that time.

The majority of standard raiders are too stupid and too lazy to deal with, even in a guild or an organized raid. If LFR and Heroic raiding are the same levels of stupid and frustrations, why raid Normal or Heroic on a fixed schedule when you can LFR and be done with it when you want? No one does their homework and expects it all to come to them easily outside of mythic level raiding. You are forced to play roles and classes that you don't want to play because others are too lazy just to succeed. Then there is drama. There is always drama. Then you get better stuff from world quests the next day, as others have said. Even without the world quest welfare gear, it's not worth it. Raiding forces burn out. There is no happy medium. It's more fun to solo raids from previous expansions. So yeah, call me a casual. Former mythic raider gone guildless and having more fun screwing around with no set schedules.

I used to raid alot but I have gotten older. I stopped raiding mainly because raids are far too long, coupled with having to adjust my evening to join. I like to play when I feel like playing, not on someone else's schedule. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Can't you still just raid with 10 with Flex?

For me, the guild fell apart.
    Well

1. Does not support mythic
    2. Flex generally gets easier and drops more loots with more people, so everyone was like obsessively filling 30 people into raids. I was always a pugger and never had a fixed group, so nothing I could do about the number of people
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

many reasons

1)too slow
    pull boss fight 2mins play time
    discuss for 5mins how to adapt
    rinse and repeat 5 times untill susan has to get the chips out the over so everyone has to wait a further 3 minutes than normal.
    rinse and repeat another 3 times oh we got a dc.
    rinse and repeat another 2 times and then have a 10minute break.

2) dont feel like raiding tonight? tough! your letting the guild down, you owe it to the guild they have geared you up.....no thanks

3) waiting for that one person to get the mechanic. you see there health bar 15 times in a row....black.....how is that person still in the raid? oh yeah its considered toxic to expect them to actually be good enough for the content they are doing.

4) when i actually quit...loot distribution, the old "loot council" or as i liked to call it "freind council" oh the officer rerolled recently because his main is maxed out on gear and he conveniently got bored/this class is better? sure give him my bis because its a 600% upgrade for his scrub toon, definately in the interest of the guild.

M+ you can log in, play instantly, you dont stop playing untill key is finished and at the end of the run (max 40mins) you can simply log out.

I stop raiding because there isn't enough tanks or healers to raid.

It is always before I want to stop raiding... so I'm always left wanting more

Been lucky enough to clear normal on the other raids this expansion ... but that's generally about it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Im interested why people stop raiding, just as I did.
    No, I didnt unsub or anything, I still play, just quit on raiding for several reasons.

I mostly did heroic raiding twice a week since Cata, mythic was out of reach just for not willing to commit that much and didnt have right guild for that.
    Biggest reason was M+, nice addition to the game where I can challenge myself without the need for having schedule and for its short duration, with nice rewards and no lockout, so content on demand at all times.
    Next reason is duration - raids last for 3 hours and sitting on a chair it quite tiresome at my age.
    Also, guild members - there is always at least one or two guildies who are annoying, or talk too much for my taste, or too
    Then raidleader - stuborn ones, who just insist on same tactic and not willing to try different approach by listening to suggestions.
    So, what are your reasons?
    I stopped, back in Wrath, because my guild fell apart. I lost interest in pushing in the game after that, and just had fun doing all the other stuff in the game I liked until I quit for good in WOD. (I almost, was thinking about coming back in Legion.) I got into PvP more seriously, leveling alts, and just seeing more of the game than the same rooms every week. Wrath also brought in LFG, so i ran a lot of dungeons. It was still fun. And, i could take a night off if I wanted.
    I get raiding. With the right people, it's a lot of fun. I know people at work who go to trivia night in a bar once a week, because the hang is fun. Same thing. I never propped a lot of self esteem over playing video games, or considered myself a "gamer", I just enjoyed doing stuff with my guild. There's nothing wrong with raiding. I usually can tell people who have raided more than a couple of expansions have a solid guild and healthy relationships in it, otherwise, I couldn't imagine doing it, otherwise. And, I get there are a million reasons why people do it - and don't.

Can't bear any time planned gaming any more.

When over thanksgiving break, 2018, two raiding guilds I was in or associated with collapsed because of BFA being shit. Thing is in WoW, if you don't get geared before the second tier of raids, let alone don't have the achievement for finishing first tier, you ain't getting into a raiding guild for the rest of the expac, so I said to hell with it. BFA was shit, anyway, and bailed on the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I raided in BC and laaaaate Vanilla. I stopped first patch of Wrath because the raiding was bad, my raiding guild started dying, and I just didn't want to schedule aspects of my life around a game anymore.
    It also didn't help seeing my hard-earned epics get stomped by leveling blues, twice.
    It all just really clicked into perspective during the middle of a 25m Naxx. Nothing like clearing recycled raid content twice in a week to make you ask why you're even doing this anymore.
    Damn you missed basically the golden age of raiding. That naxx remake tier was bad but Ulduar and ICC were great even ToGC wasn't horrible the big issue was having to run it 4 times a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I loved raiding at the highest level, but Mythic became too much for me. And I had no enjoyment in just heroic so I felt like I had no place.

And this is a guy who started raiding in Feb 2005 with MC. I was hardcore for a long time, but man I'll give you current mythic raiders props. That shit is nuts. The only hard part of vanilla raiding was getting 40 people on in the raid that weren't dumb!

7+ Year Old Account
    Stuck on a dead sever that has no high end raiding guilds. These days I pug for AoTC and then generally ignore raiding till raid is released. If I was on a high pop server, like Tich, I'd be raiding mythic again.

The short version is, i just was 'done' with it.

I started raiding consistently in Ulduar. It was amazing to me how deep and impressive raids were at the time. The idea of killing an end boss was so god damn exciting to 13 year old me. The first end boss i killed, excluding the meme raid TOC, was the Lich King. I killed him on the last day, last hour of WoTLK - just before Cataclysm. It felt so god damn good.

In Cataclysm, the intro raids were ridiculously hard relative to all of WoTLK, so i skipped that and Firelands too. In the meanwhile i was pvping heavily, so when DS came out and all of the weapons and trinkets were broken in PVP, i started trying to raid a bit more seriously. I ended up clearing the raid on heroic 10 man and i felt like a boss.

Then in MoP, i discovered parsing and from then, i went on a parsing spree. My peak was in ToT where at one point or another, I had the rank 1 parse on 25 HC in every single boss in the raid on 25 Heroic. But by the time SoO rolled around, i had been raiding consistently for 5 months and once you've got rank 1 parses on every boss in a raid, you lose interest fast. I stopped caring about parses and went back to just mechanics, which frustrated me to no end. I was raiding in a world 200-ish rank guild so people failed mechanics A LOT and we'd waste hours every raid wiping to stupid trash. I think for instance Thok took us 80 pulls just due to people being unable to kite...

So faced with the idea of running into Blackfuse, where actual good guilds spend 300+ pulls, nah, pass. I stopped raiding there. If i wanted to, I could've easily gotten into a top 10-50 guild in the world, but i don't like maintaining multiple alts, so i didn't. My choice was deal with the noobs in world rank 100-200 guilds, or spend all day gearing and progressing on alts i dont really care about. Neither appealed to me, so i stopped.

In WoD, i joined a heroic guild with friends and just blasted through the raids once a week. Legion i did the same and in BFA, I've yet to join any guild. The lack of tier armor means raiding is pointless. The few times raid items are excellent (refracting prism and urchin for tanks) i'll just pug it 2 or 3 times until i get it for tanking m+.

In Shadowlands, the fact that tier armor isn't back, means i will continue to not even raid heroic.

TL;DR - I had finished one of the hardest raids in the game, Throne of Thunder, on Heroic 25. I had gotten rank 1 parses on many bosses. I had gotten all BiS. I was basically 'done' with raiding. Everything else would be doing it again, or doing stuff i'm not interested in, like getting World First.

I saw the BFA "PRE-ORDER" of the fat human having druid, with all the model released.
    I then told my guild (which barely beat m argus for achieve during LEGION) I would main fat human druid!

Then it never come, I don't even bother to raid. Then that freaking DARK IRON DWARF comes out that wasn't even at pre-order, I was like wtf, get some priority dude, give something to the customer that you show at pre-order holy shit. Then I let my 6 month sub runs out.

What I have to do outside of raids to stay in the raiding scene is not worth raiding itself now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding never interested me. Every single raid I've ever been to has given me a migraine. If I were to describe my experience with raiding in one sentence, I would describe it as unmitigated chaos that goes on for far too long. Nothing fun about it.

I ran some PUGs in Wrath and MoP. Didn't raid at all in Cataclysm or WoD. Legion had M+ to keep me invested in the game so I found myself running a few odd PUGs here and there. I've done one PUG in BfA and I think that's enough.