Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's too difficult to organize it. I rather just play whenever I want to, with friends, at any time.

Raiding? Always at a set time and if not enough people showed up, no raid.

I just liked having my own time and not feeling like I had to commit to doing something on a night I wanted to be doing something else.

There were people in my guild that would travel, rent hotels and buy internet just so they could raid on their laptop. At the time we couldn't really afford to have people missing our Mythic progression, so it was a sense of obligation, but a lot of people out there genuinely just love to raid. Which to me is sad because of just how unrewarding it is these days for the effort required.

Reasons similar to that are the exact same reason why so many raiding guilds die if you're not capable of very quickly progressing through the raid. You just can't recruit quality players and if you do, there's no loyalty there - they run off the first chance they get. We were fortunate enough to have sold tanks and healers who didn't leave, and the same constant 6-7 DPS that were always there and good. But it was all just too much. It's just too much these days to run a Mythic guild, and so many people simply brush off the time and effort it takes.
    Last edited by La; 2020-02-13 at 10:36 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Mid WoD i asked myself what the fuck i was doing paying for an mmo world only to spend most of it in the same small number of rooms for months on end with people that are not just the most bitter, foul tempered people in WoW but mmo's in general.
    Yup plus I was still salty about the removal of 10-man around that time. I tried the first two raids with a third (first two fell apart aright away) guild in Mythic-20 but it too got the silly drama bullshit and fell apart and that is when I jumped back to FFXIV until Legion.

Now I'm in a guild that can clear heroic the first day of release but I just go to their casual nights when I'm bored. I have barely touched M+ as well and still haven't unlocked flying.

I'm hoping Shadow Lands turns out to be another Legion or MoP otherwise I'll probably nope out after a few months and stick to FFXIV and PSO2.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

lost my job, had to move to rotational shift job and there was no group that could match that schedule, got a normal job got back into it... group fell apart when the raid leader quit and as a MT I was expected to be ok with DPS gearing alts while i stayed on my main..so i left.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Raided heroic until it became Mythic and did that until Legion and that was it.

Why stop? Because when leisure time/having fun starts becoming hard work, it stops being fun. Im no longer interested in paying just to go to work.

What does a retired raider do now? I love pet battles. I love collecting rare items and mounts. Clearing old content for xmog and memories.

Sometimes im in Org and I see some guy flexing with the latest and greatest gear and I smile. I used to be there and im content with what I do now.

Not gonna lie, sometimes I miss it but, I think im good.
    Last edited by Agent Smith; 2020-02-13 at 11:02 AM. Reason: words

I hardcore raided in Vanilla/BC/WoTLK. Haven't done so since, and haven't done a raid period in BFA, actually I haven't even done a Mythic dungeon I don't believe. I just don't have time nor do I really care anymore. I pretty much treat this game like a single player experience at this point.

lots of friend stopped playing, almost seen everything over the years in boss fights (the only one I quite loved was the lurker in azshara place, done it for the fun), no more time to invest in such time consuming thing.

Mythic is a second unpaid work, too stressful for somewhone who comes back home at evening from work, also i'm too old to stand nazi-neurotic raid leaders/gm, guild drama and overall toxicity in the game, i moved to sim racing and some sp game and not going back
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by reiserfs View Post
    When the game started to feel like a job.
    that, when you go to a raid and not having really fun doing it, its time to quit

i mostly play it for the new content, i do the new reput to exalted (im completionist in this domain..) do once the lfr to see the new dongeon and boss once and that it

to be fair, i have more fun like this that having to go to raid 6-9 hour by week

Don’t have the time for heroic and mythic raiding anymore. You can outgear normal mode by just running daily emissaries/mythic+ and there’s no set bonuses so normal is pointless. I’ll just run lfr once to see the content then go back to pvp and collecting things.

When the last guild I was invested in disbanded in Wrath, since then I have only done LFR because I have too many other games and important things to spend my time on. However I did make a few life long friends playing so that is cool.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Once I started working I just flat out didn't have time for raiding anymore. It is a shame I rather enjoyed it but once they added mythic phases again the drive to work through heroic and do the same content again really didn't spark me to -make- time for it anymore was just easier to cut it off from my gametime and enjoy the smaller things.

Regular guild raiders stopped playing with Legion, and i was not interested in mythic dungeons so I did not bother searching for a new guild.
    I just started to run LFR to see the new content. And farming AP until death was never fun.

I still raid almost every tier doing pugs, going for AOTC but overall I quit hardcore frequent raiding after they made 20-man the only go to option for end-game raiding. I liked 10-man raiding the most and I am not interested in forced 20-man content.

I didn't ... but I usually raid and then take a long break.

Most often I quit because I just can't find a "main" .. I wanna raid on some alt instead.. then some other alt, then end up raiding on 4 characters, not enjoying any of them. Then think why am I doing this and just stop playing WoW for a while altogether.

I raided during cata and quit the game all together by the end of mop.

I hated the encounter and class design of mop, the entire expansion just destroyed my love for the game. In particular tot was a huge stressful mess where I couldn't play my class because I was too busy running out twelves forms of fire the bosses always slung at me. Plus I was a shadow priest who were worthless for raiding since movement killed thier dps.

Combine with our raid team being torn apart, guild drama, the server's raid community becoming a toxic mess (though I suppose it usually is) and it just being a dark time of my life. The idea of having to build up trust with people for so long just to have it come crashing down so hard again makes me too afraid to try.

But besides that now a days I just see no point. I don't have the time anymore for hardcore raiding and I'm content to just kit my people out in casual level gear and hunt transmog. No preassure to perform, can play what I like, no ones depending on me.

My guild was amazing during cata and I wish them all the best. I have no intention of going back though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because of the commitment requirements. Compared to mythic plus that offers a similar level of challenge but at my convenience. Really happy about M+.

MoP. PuG scene on my realm died despite being quite active throughout the so called PuGs are dead days of Cata. Meanwhile LFR was a frustrating mess for me. Solo queuing Cata heroics at launch was far more relaxing.

It's just too much commitment, sacrificing half the days of the week to raiding instead of something else was taking up too much of my time where I couldn't choose to do anything else if I wanted to. I prefer being free to decide what I'd like to do.

Secondary reason is that I think progression for the last few bosses of the recent raids lasts too long. Obviously, it sounds weird when world first guilds are clearing the raid in a week. But, in my opinion, if any boss is taking hundreds of pulls (which end up spanning across many weeks), it hits a point where the progression is not fun anymore.

Can't commit to a strict raid schedule and pugs are horrendous.