Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    - I raided in TBC, but the guild fell apart before WOTLK, as tank.
    - I found a new guild in WOTLK and raided all expansion, until the guild fell apart before Cataclysm, as tank
    - I found a new guild in Cata and raided all expansion, until Blizzard ruined Bear Tanking, by changing all passive mitigation to active mitigation and buffing threat to a point, where it was impossible to loose threat.....And once more, the guild fell apart..

Finding a guild, learning new people and committing to fixed raid times, is just too much work. So since MoP, I have been a LFR hero
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Im interested why people stop raiding, just as I did.
    No, I didnt unsub or anything, I still play, just quit on raiding for several reasons.

I mostly did heroic raiding twice a week since Cata, mythic was out of reach just for not willing to commit that much and didnt have right guild for that.
    Biggest reason was M+, nice addition to the game where I can challenge myself without the need for having schedule and for its short duration, with nice rewards and no lockout, so content on demand at all times.
    Next reason is duration - raids last for 3 hours and sitting on a chair it quite tiresome at my age.
    Also, guild members - there is always at least one or two guildies who are annoying, or talk too much for my taste, or too
    Then raidleader - stuborn ones, who just insist on same tactic and not willing to try different approach by listening to suggestions.
    So, what are your reasons?
    It was long time ago. When after overall casual-friendly WotLK, raids became way too hardcore again in Cata. It was about that "It's not worth my time". Too low Reward/Effort ratio. Raiding isn't about gameplay - it's about social interaction. If you don't need it or IRL social interaction is enough for you and therefore your don't need that "paid green chat" - therefore raiding isn't for you.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just got tired of it at the end of Legion.

The late nights, the sleep deprivation, having randos yell at you all the time... The cost/benefit analysis just tipped ever more towards cost until I quit.

I don't miss hard core raiding, and because I stopped at the right time, I have a lot of fond memories to look back on.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because I killed Arthas when Kingslayer was current and that felt like the definitive endgame. Subsequent expansions became sandbox content to me, I started a career, and my guild dissolved, in part due to LFR, and in part due to burnout. Everyone just moved on.
    do you literally post on every post on the forums? lmao

Only because raiding guilds are a weekly commitment, and pugging is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    my friend solo on his mage alt the LK 25 hc during WoD when i returned to game
    this shattered me
    i spent YEARS trying to kill him non stop, i wiped way too much on LK 25 hc, trying to kill him with my hardcore raiding guild, only for a single mage solo him, and by right click even with self buffs, i felt how much time actually passed and it broke me
    i tried to raid in WoD but couldn't commit (not to mention it was the rise of token wow, buy boosts if u want to raid), and since then i didn't commit to any raid at all
    I have zero desire to wipe on any boss for weeks only for someone right click him 2 years later
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    this shattered me
    i spent YEARS trying to kill him non stop, i wiped way too much on LK 25 hc, trying to kill him with my hardcore raiding guild, only for a single mage solo him, and by right click even with self buffs, i felt how much time actually passed and it broke me
    i tried to raid in WoD but couldn't commit (not to mention it was the rise of token wow, buy boosts if u want to raid), and since then i didn't commit to any raid at all
    I have zero desire to wipe on any boss for weeks only for someone right click him 2 years later
    Thats dangerous mentality here.

Remember then, there is always somebody better than you in any activity or hobby or work you can imagine.
    ALWAYS.

10+ Year Old Account
    this shattered me
    Everybody soloed LK25HC in WoD..

In Cata, it took 3-4 people to kill LK25HC, but in MoP, everyone was able to solo him, without problem. WoD didn't change a thing about it.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Axram View Post
    do you literally post on every post on the forums? lmao
    What business is it of yours?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    Cant invest so much time anymore
    This is probably the main reason for most people who raided in vanilla up till wrath.

Same for me, bought a house, new work etc.

I don't like having to be somewhere at a certain time most days.

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-
    How is Egypt the worst country on Earth when you have Egyptian women?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

My guild disbanded and I realized raiding take too much time from me so I just stopped.

Time constraints. I'm very much an all-or-nothing kind of person, if I can't play 8-10 hrs/day when I need to to be in tip-top shape for immediate mythic progression whenever a new raid goes live I just get kinda bored. I still play casually from time to time but casual raiding in heroic or pug life just isn't for me. No fun unless it's competitive. This is why I haven't really raided since WotLK when I was in college where I could just doss off for a few weeks when needed and otherwise play in the evenings/weekends.

My guild died, and trying to recruit now is hell.
    I really hate pugging for a raid since people tend to leave right after a boss so you have to wait an fill again and before you know it, raid time over.

Moved countries and started a life with my SO. Thought I'd have time to keep up some gaming but doesn't really feel like I can commit to even one casual raid a week, much less the 3-4 evenings per week I used to. I've been raiding with the same people (core) since WotLK, so it's a bit of a change for both good and bad!

Two guilds have broken apart and due to lack of people overall (Chamber of Aspects) it was impossible to rebuild team yet again. Most people moved to other servers while I decided it's not worth the effort to start anew, so I just quit (it was over half a year ago).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Everybody soloed LK25HC in WoD..

In Cata, it took 3-4 people to kill LK25HC, but in MoP, everyone was able to solo him, without problem. WoD didn't change a thing about it.
    it wasn't known for me.. in MoP i was busy (also hardcore raiding), in fact - ironic - i killed Garrosh hc on my alt druid on his off spec (boomkin) and failed to kill him on my main tankadin
    tldr : I still raided hard in MoP and did all content, then i took long break until very late WoD, then a mage soloed him....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    How is Egypt the worst country on Earth when you have Egyptian women?
    are u serious ?
    66% of egyptian FEmales beat their husbands beating that ends in hospital or at least police station, the highest on earth by miles, 2nd highest is usa 24% and 3rd india 11% rest all below 10%
    50.6% of married egyptian males who get killed, are killed by their wives or ppl related to them
    90% divorce rate
    egyptian males are even considered prettier than their females in beauty ranking according to miss universe organization
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I still raid but I dialed it way back from my peak. I cut back a lot when they made playing wow a second job with the mindless garbage you have to do to keep up to date with things like ap. It was way more fun to raid when I could enjoy other games in my off time instead of what it is now where its every minute not logged into wow doing stuff is a minute farther you fall behind due to rng and timegating.

Before Blizzard removed snapshotting at the end of MoP I had been playing and raiding at top 50 US since BC with zero breaks or interruptions on my sub, but WoD was the garbage expansion that broke me, now I can't raid for more than a few months before I ditch my guild and stop playing altogether, just to come back give it another try and fuck back off again because everything is just so goddamn boring and rng reliant, the removal of snapshotting also hurt me, took away THE best thing in the game for no good reason.