Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Nobody understood why they removed it in the first place. It was a stupid and pointless decision.
    That's not true, everybody knew why they did it. They wanted to exploit people's FOMO to get them to resubscribe during the content drought.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Why do you care about my... you know what.
    Anyway... yes i want my rare items/titles be exclusive now.
    'If everybody is legendary then nobody is legendary'.



    Sounds like 'i did not get the cloack back then so i want it now for free' to me bro.



    Again - where do you see 'time gating' here? I think you do not know meaning of this phrasal verb...



    Many of the titles/achievements (like server firsts or 'Immortal' title) are no longer avaiable.
    Oh wait... some mounts are no longer here too like phoenixes in MoP or Old School Ride ones.
    You're right, I didn't get the cloak because I was to busy heroic raiding and getting 2k+ in pvp. I've beat rank 1 with the cloak. I don't want it removed because it mindless and a time sink. I called it time gated because it was a reward for time put in rather than skill and those should never be removed. Things like mythic appearances, pvp appearances, and achievements should be removed before the cloak is removed. It was brain dead. I don't enjoy "do you have a pulse system that blizzard adds to their game". My cloak on live is still rank 5 despite the fact, I have 95% parses for ilvl because, I don't enjoy check in system or chore list.

    If your ok with mythic appearances being removed form the game along with the cloak we can see eye to eye. Otherwise that shit is hypocritical.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2020-02-12 at 02:23 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  3. #63

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    That's not true, everybody knew why they did it. They wanted to exploit people's FOMO to get them to resubscribe during the content drought.
    Not just that, but also they wanted to reinforce the FOMO for any potential future events. Don't ever unsub, kids. You might miss something that you'll never be able to get again!

    You can see it with things like the mage tower and MoP challenge dungeons, certain Legion legendary skins, etc.

    It's all just there to keep people logging in, and has nothing to do with making the game better.

  5. #65
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,795
    They removed it so that you would be subscribed at the period of time the quest line was currently active, even though the expansion was on it's last sprint.

    Now you got other incentives.

  6. #66
    Probably one of the most common complaints I see about WoW is "There's norhing to do", or some form of that.

    And every time I see that complaint I think of all the content Blizzard has discontinued and made inaccessible, all in order to avoid bruising the fragile egos of a handful of players that live in constant fear of having their accomplishments diminished.

    Blizzard should just rebalance amd re-release MoP challenge modes and the Legion Mage Tower. Turn back on as many Legendary appearances as possible. Allow players to play the legendary cloak and ring quests. Etc etc etc.

    What is it actually going to hurt?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Content in the game > you feeling special .

    This just seems to be you not being able to let go on past victories. Which is a little sad.
    Yeah... it is good to see jealous people not only in game but also here...

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Also its an old and at the time freely available legendary so its not like anyone actually cares if you have it.
    What is the point of this thread then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Dude, it's OK. I don't need you to think that I'm better than you.
    It does not that i am better or worse than others.
    I just finished the things that are no longer avaiable and were the parts of other x-packs and was rewarded. It is very simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    We don't even know each other. You don't need to drool over all my amazing gear, I just wish you could get it all for yourself as well.
    It is just your opinion... and i got other one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It's just a game, I don't play it to feel special or "legendary".
    Let me choose the reason to play, ok?

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    You're right, I didn't get the cloak because I was to busy heroic raiding and getting 2k+ in pvp. I've beat rank 1 with the cloak.
    That's great!
    I got cloack and you had 2k rating and gear i could not obtain back then. That is fair i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I don't want it removed because it mindless and a time sink.
    Opinions...

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I called it time gated because it was a reward for time put in rather than skill and those should never be removed.
    Time gating = artificial shifting in time game content just to tell people that patch X.X is good for a few months.
    It has nothing to do with old x-packs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Things like mythic appearances, pvp appearances, and achievements should be removed before the cloak is removed.
    Againnnnn... your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    It was brain dead. I don't enjoy "do you have a pulse system that blizzard adds to their game". My cloak on live is still rank 5 despite the fact, I have 95% parses for ilvl because, I don't enjoy check in system or chore list.
    Every achievement is 'braindead' if you know how to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    If your ok with mythic appearances being removed form the game along with the cloak we can see eye to eye. Otherwise that shit is hypocritical.
    Mythic/heroic transmogs are integral part os ALL x-packs not specific one like cloack from MoP.
    Do you see the difference here?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Don't you need the cloak to kill that one rare boss on Timeless Isle?
    I always get annoyed cause I didn't finish the quest, and now that 1 NPC is unkillable.
    The whole island is free, but Ordos eludes me.
    This. Exactly this is the reason I opened this thread.

    Make that NPC killable for those of us hunting achievements and completion, please.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    /snip
    So if you don't care about MY legendary, exclusive achievements, then what makes you think anyone cares about yours? If no one cares then there is no prestige associated with these achievements.

    "I just finished the things that are no longer [available] and were the parts of other x-packs and was rewarded. It is very simple."

    It is indeed very simple. I did it as well. There is nothing special about having played a game at a particular time. The time I spent playing in 2010 isn't diminished by people playing a decade later. There's no good reason for players to want time locked content, it's just a sales tactic to maintain active subscribers.

  10. #70
    The worst part about wow is the discontinuation and removing content from the game. The stuff mentioned in the thread is only one such element. There's plenty of other good stuff that was just removed and people can never experience it just because they didn't play during a specific month five years. It's a design that sucks, but what can you do.

  11. #71
    Yeah it sucks. I got it on like 6 characters, but the paladin i've mained since 7.1 hasn't been able to get it. Really sucks in timewalking. Every time TW week rolls around and i'm doing a quarter of everyone elses damage i feel bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Islam is a race. End of discussion.
    Nazi btw

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So if you don't care about MY legendary, exclusive achievements, then what makes you think anyone cares about yours? If no one cares then there is no prestige associated with these achievements.

    "I just finished the things that are no longer [available] and were the parts of other x-packs and was rewarded. It is very simple."

    It is indeed very simple. I did it as well. There is nothing special about having played a game at a particular time. The time I spent playing in 2010 isn't diminished by people playing a decade later. There's no good reason for players to want time locked content, it's just a sales tactic to maintain active subscribers.
    We can present our opinions here for 100 pages... but at the end of the day Blizzard decides and they do not care about it and won't change shit.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yeah... it is good to see jealous people not only in game but also here...



    What is the point of this thread then?



    It does not that i am better or worse than others.
    I just finished the things that are no longer avaiable and were the parts of other x-packs and was rewarded. It is very simple.



    It is just your opinion... and i got other one.



    Let me choose the reason to play, ok?



    That's great!
    I got cloack and you had 2k rating and gear i could not obtain back then. That is fair i think.



    Opinions...



    Time gating = artificial shifting in time game content just to tell people that patch X.X is good for a few months.
    It has nothing to do with old x-packs.



    Againnnnn... your opinion.



    Every achievement is 'braindead' if you know how to do it.



    Mythic/heroic transmogs are integral part os ALL x-packs not specific one like cloack from MoP.
    Do you see the difference here?
    No, I see hypocrisy. They're not integral they're purely cosmetic once the expansion gone and worse than quest gear at that point. You can also get the heroic sets. If you want the mythic raid set than raid mythic when it's current. You usually only have to beat the loot pinata bosses anyway.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2020-02-12 at 01:39 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  14. #74
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,609
    Personally, I feel it is slightly pointless beyond seeing the content again. Any gear is outdated EVEN for timewalking - The new Wrathion cloak will be better then the MoP cloak in TW, Azerite helm is better then the legendary meta gem, and Corruption gear is better then the legendary weapon gem AND the ring, once you finally get it. Whats more is that every single piece of BfA gear will be usable in WoD and, eventually, Legion and BfA Timewalking.

    And while the lore itself is nice to know, neither the WoD lore nor the MoP lore is really relevant to new players going into Shadowlands since Blizz threw lore out the window.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We can present our opinions here for 100 pages... but at the end of the day Blizzard decides and they do not care about it and won't change shit.
    Woosh! Right over your head...

    I already said in no uncertain terms that it's entirely a marketing ploy, so of course Blizzard have no plans on changing it. This isn't even the place to try to get their attention. There is an argument to be made whether it's counterproductive in the long run to have this sort of thing in your game (pushing more people away than you draw in).

    However, what I was pointing out was the hypocrisy of people who claim to desire prestige for their video game "achievements", but in turn don't care about the achievements of others. Basically, the fact that you (rightly so) aren't in awe of my video gaming prowess means that there is no worth or prestige in these types of achievements. Therefor there is no value to the player in having the ability to acquire them removed from the game.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Can you explain the logic in this?
    Exclusive rewards are good. If everything is available for everyone (especially transmog and mounts) then it loses value.

    YOu want to show off to people "Hey look at this cool thing i got" its something that has been part of wow culture since vanilla.

  17. #77
    TL; DR: I think time-limited exclusives can have their place, but Blizzard has been remarkably inconsistent on why some things are time-limited and others aren't.

    I'd be fine with exclusive rewards if they were consistent. One example of consistent, limited-time rewards are PvP Elite sets and Gladiator mounts. Those have, consistently, been limited for years. It's a bit inconsistent in the sense that Mythic Raiding sets and mounts are, generally, never removed, but, ultimately, I'm ok with these being exclusive because they always have been.

    However, then there's some that were limited for vague or nonsensical reasons. The MoP Cloak and WoD Ring are two great examples. Every other Legendary in the game remains obtainable except Atiesh, and that's because the whole instance was moved and revamped. Why remove these? What made these so much more important to remove than, say, Shadowmourne, Thunderfury, or the literal dozens in Legion? That's especially relevant now considering all Legendaries can now be transmogged. Plus, the MoP quest, specifically, is rather important for the development of Anduin and Wrathion's relationship. There's, literally, nothing you can point to, outside of Youtube or Wowpedia, that would explain why there's animosity between them in 8.3. The WoD questline has less lore, but it does establish Cordona Felsong, a dungeon boss in Legion, as a villain.

    Other nonsensical removals include the Meta achievement proto-drakes for Naxx and the upcoming removal of the Brutosaur mount. Why remove the former two when, literally, every other Meta achievement for raids, starting with Ulduar, have maintained their mount rewards? As for the latter, why remove it when the gold cost is already prohibitive? If they're worried about inflation making it easier to obtain a mobile AH, why not just raise the price in subsequent expansions?

    Finally, there's the edge cases: MoP and WoD Challenge Modes and the Mage Tower appearances. I understand why they removed these, as they were based on their challenge, but if that's the case, why not just Timewalk them? They, clearly, have the tools to do that, as shown with both TW Dungeons and Raids, as well as both the ilevel and the level squishes. Why not bring them back and just adjust your level/ilevel to something that makes them challenging? This way, they keep their prestige without just being gone. That's evergreen content right there.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Exclusive rewards are good. If everything is available for everyone (especially transmog and mounts) then it loses value.

    YOu want to show off to people "Hey look at this cool thing i got" its something that has been part of wow culture since vanilla.
    They weren't exclusive anyone with a pulse could get the cloaks meanwhile mythic raider mounts and appearances stay in the game forever. That is inconsistent as fuck.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  19. #79
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Can you explain the logic in this?
    There is no logic, just good old-fashioned Gamer Entitlement™.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    They weren't exclusive anyone with a pulse could get the cloaks meanwhile mythic raider mounts and appearances stay in the game forever. That is inconsistent as fuck.
    They are not available now so they are Exclusive :P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •