Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    No, it should stay a limited item and this is coming from someone who couldn't be bothered to do the Pvp shit required to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Exclusive rewards are good. If everything is available for everyone (especially transmog and mounts) then it loses value.

    YOu want to show off to people "Hey look at this cool thing i got" its something that has been part of wow culture since vanilla.
    That is a very sad and twisted way of thinking. Do you play games solely to prove yourself better than others? Is that to compensate for something irl? I too like competing with others, but aesthetic (cosmetic) rewards and content in-game are not the platform for it.

    I have the Holy Paladin Mage Tower artifact skin and I feel zero prestige about it. I never played a healer before yet I was able to get it in a few tries. Where is the prestige in that? Yet my friend who started playing recently, despite being a good player and loving that particular skin can never get it. Just because he had some real life circumstances. I don't feel prestige. I feel pity.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    That is a very sad and twisted way of thinking. Do you play games solely to prove yourself better than others? Is that to compensate for something irl? I too like competing with others, but aesthetic (cosmetic) rewards and content in-game are not the platform for it.

    I have the Holy Paladin Mage Tower artifact skin and I feel zero prestige about it. I never played a healer before yet I was able to get it in a few tries. Where is the prestige in that? Yet my friend who started playing recently, despite being a good player and loving that particular skin can never get it. Just because he had some real life circumstances. I don't feel prestige. I feel pity.
    I have all mage tower skins except the healer ones, but i dont really care about that stuff because i dont play it much, either way the reward is just a cloak for the mop legendary and it isnt super cool or nice even. Its just like 8 skins or so aside from that

    >Cloak

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What reward? A cloak that no longer does anything? Or in the case of WoD a ring that no longer does anything. Why does anybody care?

    Honestly though the questline isn't going to feel very epic anymore. At the time it was fine because it was spaced out over the entire expansion but now it would just feel like busywork.
    The cloak gives access to Ordos, who allegedly has some exclusive transmogs on him. I have a transmog collector friend who never did the cloak chain and is very sad about all of those missing transmogs from that world boss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why in the world would anyone want to go back and do completely pointless grinds for no reason? I didn't even know it got removed because why the hell would I ever try to do it again? I did it once, that was more than enough.

    Regardless, some stuff in game should be unobtainable. Just like you can't get the Hand of A'dal title anymore if you didn't get it in BC, there's nothing wrong with certain things in game being unique to the time period they were released in.
    I got the Hand of A'dal during Wrath. Achievement was earned 6/20/10, just six months before Cataclysm was released.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I have all mage tower skins except the healer ones, but i dont really care about that stuff because i dont play it much, either way the reward is just a cloak for the mop legendary and it isnt super cool or nice even. Its just like 8 skins or so aside from that

    >Cloak
    What's your point? You said you feel special for owning these exclusive items. Your reply is inconsistent lol.

    Also I love the MoP leg cloak design and am sad every time I see a player with the Xuen one because it is perfect match for many transmog sets I want to make. Sadly I will never have it. And my only chance to catch up on that lore is to watch a YouTube video...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post

    I got the Hand of A'dal during Wrath. Achievement was earned 6/20/10, just six months before Cataclysm was released.
    Yeah but you were on the quest during BC, quite a bit different from going back now and completing the quest.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    No.
    Leave all of the unobtainable titles/items/mounts unobtainable.
    Why, can you maybe explain your statement with some arguments?

  8. #88
    I understand both sides of the argument but I think I prefer it the way it is. There's things I have missed out on getting in the past that I regret not getting, but on the flipside it makes the things I did achieve or obtain feel more special. I feel like this question is a bit of a floodgate where IF you loosen the restrictions on some things, people will want more and more.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I understand both sides of the argument but I think I prefer it the way it is. There's things I have missed out on getting in the past that I regret not getting, but on the flipside it makes the things I did achieve or obtain feel more special. I feel like this question is a bit of a floodgate where IF you loosen the restrictions on some things, people will want more and more.
    Of course people want restrictions removed on the game, remember how long we had to beg to get legendary items in transmog because of arbitrary restrictions? Being led by the nose is NOT good game design, I personally want more freedom in the games I play, and when things come up like removed content and limited this and timed that, it gets discouraging.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    What's your point? You said you feel special for owning these exclusive items. Your reply is inconsistent lol.

    Also I love the MoP leg cloak design and am sad every time I see a player with the Xuen one because it is perfect match for many transmog sets I want to make. Sadly I will never have it. And my only chance to catch up on that lore is to watch a YouTube video...
    There are other cloaks to get and its a minor thing, you will live with it is my point.

    I never said that i feel special for having the cloak, the achievement is something everyone has atm, but the reward structure or whatever for it is the same as ahead of the curve, and as has been stated if you couldn't get it sucks to be you but live with it.

    You are getting really upset over a cloak that you didnt invest any time in when it was possible to get, Guess what lots of people feel the same for the Argent dawn tabard/tabard of the protector or the prewotlk event transmog sets.

  11. #91
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The cloak gives access to Ordos, who allegedly has some exclusive transmogs on him. I have a transmog collector friend who never did the cloak chain and is very sad about all of those missing transmogs from that world boss.
    Ordos just gives Heroic SoO tinted gear iirc.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  12. #92
    Brewmaster Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The cloak gives access to Ordos, who allegedly has some exclusive transmogs on him. I have a transmog collector friend who never did the cloak chain and is very sad about all of those missing transmogs from that world boss.
    This is false. A quick look on wowhead shows that the stuff that drops from Ordos does share similar models with other gear that can be obtained elsewhere including the BMAH.

    What Ordos does have is that the gear that drops off of him is Named after community members. So for instance, the plate shoulders - Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates - have a special meaning to Rossi (of BlizzardWatch) despite the fact that it shares the same look as Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief, Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates, Pauldrons of the Prehistoric Marauder and so forth.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    This is false. A quick look on wowhead shows that the stuff that drops from Ordos does share similar models with other gear that can be obtained elsewhere including the BMAH.

    What Ordos does have is that the gear that drops off of him is Named after community members. So for instance, the plate shoulders - Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates - have a special meaning to Rossi (of BlizzardWatch) despite the fact that it shares the same look as Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief, Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates, Pauldrons of the Prehistoric Marauder and so forth.
    You are unfortunately wrong. There is a druid tier lookalike piece that I really want on my monk, but nop, not possible.

  14. #94
    No. You weren't there for it and missed it.

    Let some stuff come and go. That way it's just that much more unique.

    The questline wasn't even fun anyways. You think spamming raids over and over and over again for tablets is fun?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    No. You weren't there for it and missed it.

    Let some stuff come and go. That way it's just that much more unique.

    The questline wasn't even fun anyways. You think spamming raids over and over and over again for tablets is fun?
    Than can they remove every thunder-fury and warglaives that dropped after both wotlk and tbc launched? Cause that ruined exclusivity and prestige. There was nothing exclusive or prestige about that legendary cloak.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    1) There are other cloaks to get and its a minor thing, you will live with it is my point.

    2) I never said that i feel special for having the cloak, the achievement is something everyone has atm, but the reward structure or whatever for it is the same as ahead of the curve, and as has been stated if you couldn't get it sucks to be you but live with it.

    3) You are getting really upset over a cloak that you didnt invest any time in when it was possible to get, Guess what lots of people feel the same for the Argent dawn tabard/tabard of the protector or the prewotlk event transmog sets.
    1) That's not a very valid argument. When you go to the shops to buy your favourite brand of chocolate, do you buy your favourite brand of chocolate or just any chocolate? Sure, you can substitute it for some other brand, but eventually it will get to you that you can't get the stuff you like the most.

    2) I am living with it (unless you thought I am dead...?) but that and not approving of that system are two different things. I can live with many things in life but I am certainly not okay with them and voicing my opinion on those matters is the only way I can try to change anything. You however, who apparently don't care about the prestige and don't care about the skins either, have zero motivation to get in my way of trying to bring about a change. So why do you even argue about this? What does it have to do with you? If you don't care about transmog and other cosmetic/aesthetic rewards in-game, just keep quiet and let those who care voice their opinions?

    3) I would have loved to invest time into it. But see, not everyone was born in a family that can afford a subscription for a game. Not everyone had a choice. Now that I finally have my own job I can afford it, but it it too late to get all the exclusive stuff from past expansions. It was not possible to get for me and many other people. And just like with the MoP cloak and CM sets, Legion Mage Tower skins and Argent Dawn tabards and many other cosmetic rewards.. I feel only pity and sympathy for the people who couldn't get them because of IRL circumstances. It is not a fair system. You should not promote it.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,779
    it is kind of inconsistent to remove the MoP and WoD questlines but keep the previous ones like Shadowmourne and Fangs of the Father.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it is kind of inconsistent to remove the MoP and WoD questlines but keep the previous ones like Shadowmourne and Fangs of the Father.
    Inb4
    "Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, that's a bit inconsistent, you are absolutely right! So we sat down to talk about it and we are happy to announce that we are removing those as well! The team is extremely happy with these type of feedbacks, keep it up!"


  19. #99
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Inb4
    "Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, that's a bit inconsistent, you are absolutely right! So we sat down to talk about it and we are happy to announce that we are removing those as well! The team is extremely happy with these type of feedbacks, keep it up!"

    I mean I think the reason they haven't removed earlier ones is because of how iconic they are. Shadowmourne, Fangs of the Father, Sulfuras etc are far more significant than the MoP cloak and WoD ring

  20. #100
    Blizzard deleted a lot of stuff that annoys me.
    Like the old Naxxrammas glory mounts, they removed the glories/mounts for no reason. They kept the title to defeat Algalon in appropriate gear/ilvl but removed the title from SInestra (Achievement: "I Can't Hear You Over The Sound Of How Awesome I Am), same with the title for ToS. They could've kept Hand of A'dal and the other one if you did them on an alt at appropriate lvl and gear, I never finished them because I had to swap mains several times due to my hardcore guild. I have the Undying and Immortal, but those got booted too.
    I'd like to re-obtain the old CM sets, I only have one (mage). I have ALL mage tower skins, but I have alts that can't use them (not transmoggable if you haven't earned it on THAT character) and would like them.
    I'd like the other cloaks from MoP that I started on, on alts but never could finish.

    So annoyed by blizz taking content out of the game that they could've been locked into lvl/gear.
    Hell, put that priest legendary back in the game as well for the hell of it, Atiesh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •