Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blizzard should make it possible to do the MoP legendary cloak quest line again

With Wrathion actually being used in the game now after not being used for many many years, why did they remove the questline in the first place? It was a really fun one aside from all the grinding. Just make the legendary cloak unavailable at the end if it bothers people.

MoP cloak and WoD ring quest lines should be able to be done on alts as long as you have the achievements on the account. Just because I decide to start a new character after those expansions shouldn't mean I'm not allowed to obtain the items that I have obtained just because they removed the content.

If you weren't around for the quest then yeah, you shouldn't be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    MoP cloak and WoD ring quest lines should be able to be done on alts as long as you have the achievements on the account. Just because I decide to start a new character after those expansions shouldn't mean I'm not allowed to obtain the items that I have obtained just because they removed the content.

Then nobody new would get to experience the questline.

Can you explain the logic in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Then nobody new would get to experience the questline.
    Then remove the reward.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..I don't understand the decision (nor would I ever do the quest line again) - but there is a history of removed things and we could debate until we are blue in the face if it was a "good" idea to remove them or not.
    I understand removing rewards (to encourage people to play current season/expansion), but removing content (that include Mage Tower scenarios) is really stupid and pointless.

I personally don't really care about the MoP cloak and WoD ring quest lines, but still it makes no sense why they even removed them in the first place.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then remove the reward.
    What reward? A cloak that no longer does anything? Or in the case of WoD a ring that no longer does anything. Why does anybody care?

Honestly though the questline isn't going to feel very epic anymore. At the time it was fine because it was spaced out over the entire expansion but now it would just feel like busywork.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Arbitrarily removing quest lines like the MoP cloak has always been stupid regardless. It, the Garrosh heirlooms, and other 'limited time' rewards exist only because Blizzard's devs are a cynical bunch and fear of missing out is their favorite tool to keep people around. I say put the removed quest lines back in, and use the stuff like CM sets, CM weapons, Pandaria phoenixes, Mage Tower appearances, and Garrosh heirlooms as evergreen rewards for challenge content. Update the mage tower for an evergreen challenge content instead of taking a good idea and abandoning it as 'seasonal,' again to use FOMO tactics.

FOMO and artificial scarcity in a video game are development tactics that deserve to burn. If they're worried about trivializing the rewards, reuse them for new challenge content and introduce more rewards; let players choose what they want much like the vicious saddles.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No.
    Leave all of the unobtainable titles/items/mounts unobtainable.

Why in the world would anyone want to go back and do completely pointless grinds for no reason? I didn't even know it got removed because why the hell would I ever try to do it again? I did it once, that was more than enough.

Regardless, some stuff in game should be unobtainable. Just like you can't get the Hand of A'dal title anymore if you didn't get it in BC, there's nothing wrong with certain things in game being unique to the time period they were released in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why in the world would anyone want to go back and do completely pointless grinds for no reason? I didn't even know it got removed because why the hell would I ever try to do it again? I did it once, that was more than enough.

Regardless, some stuff in game should be unobtainable. Just like you can't get the Hand of A'dal title anymore if you didn't get it in BC, there's nothing wrong with certain things in game being unique to the time period they were released in.
    You should be able to do the questline but you cant get the cloak from it. Happy?

Nah you should they were easy and blizzard has given people mythic raid appearances. Stop removing brain dead content while allowing people to get the rewards from challenging content years later. It's hypocritical and just makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You should be able to do the questline but you cant get the cloak from it. Happy?
    No the cloak should be obtainable that shit was braindead during mop. If the cloak doesn't come back remove mythic and elite pvp appearances after they aren't earnable anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    No.
    Leave all of the unobtainable titles/items/mounts unobtainable.
    Than do it for mythic+, mythic raid, and pvp stuff. Stop trying to time gate brainless shit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Arbitrarily removing quest lines like the MoP cloak has always been stupid regardless. It, the Garrosh heirlooms, and other 'limited time' rewards exist only because Blizzard's devs are a cynical bunch and fear of missing out is their favorite tool to keep people around. I say put the removed quest lines back in, and use the stuff like CM sets, CM weapons, Pandaria phoenixes, Mage Tower appearances, and Garrosh heirlooms as evergreen rewards for challenge content. Update the mage tower for an evergreen challenge content instead of taking a good idea and abandoning it as 'seasonal,' again to use FOMO tactics.

FOMO and artificial scarcity in a video game are development tactics that deserve to burn. If they're worried about trivializing the rewards, reuse them for new challenge content and introduce more rewards; let players choose what they want much like the vicious saddles.
    If we're at it, can we put all seasonal PVP Elite rewards back in as well?
    I'd love to get my hands on some set variants that I am unable to currently get.
    I don't even have the audacity to ask for it in exchange for Marks of honor (although that's what they should be worth).
    I'd try to get them while struggling as much as those who got it during some past season. (attaining that required rating).
    There's your content right there, Blizzard.

After an expansion ended, (currently) bosses still drop elite gear from past mythic raids, for FREE, like it makes any sense this way...

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Nah you should they were easy and blizzard has given people mythic raid appearances. Stop removing brain dead content while allowing people to get the rewards from challenging content years later. It's hypocritical and just makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

No the cloak should be obtainable that shit was braindead during mop. If the cloak doesn't come back remove mythic and elite pvp appearances after they aren't earnable anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Than do it for mythic+, mythic raid, and pvp stuff. Stop trying to time gate brainless shit.
    ^ +1
    Last edited by emilpor; 2020-02-11 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah..mage tower. Tricky maybe? Build around artifacts and legendaries (to a degree...ofc also skill) - sure..you could now timewalking scale it...but maybe they thought it would then be too easy and belittle the achievement of the ppl who got it?

But indeed....there was no way I could get it on as many speccs as I wanted....so I feel bad that it is removed, but I guess I can see why they did it.
    As someone who managed to get 33 Mage Tower skins, I will say that my "achievement" (I clicked buttons) is not at all diminished by your ability to get said skins. Of all those appearances I think I use maybe 7 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    As someone who managed to get 33 Mage Tower skins, I will say that my "achievement" (I clicked buttons) is not at all diminished by your ability to get said skins. Of all those appearances I think I use maybe 7 of them.
    You sir, (or ma'am), are an exceptional snowflake... people like you are only myths. A player who finishes high end content, and doesnt need the validation of others of what you've accomplished in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the damn cloak to show the wings again when I transmog it. Like what is the point of having it as a transmog, if it doesn't carry over the cool effect?
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Don't you need the cloak to kill that one rare boss on Timeless Isle?
    I always get annoyed cause I didn't finish the quest, and now that 1 NPC is unkillable.
    The whole island is free, but Ordos eludes me.

Every expansion should have something that is only available during that expansion. That said, I rarely look at someone close enough to notice what they're wearing, nor have I ever looked at someones achievement to see when they got said item.

Than do it for mythic+, mythic raid, and pvp stuff.
    So...
    ...MoP cloack should suddely appear in current Mythic Raid?
    ...or 'Brutal Gladiator' title in BFA PvP?
    ...or Benediction staff as reward in M+?

These are no longer obtainable and they should be left in that state.

Stop trying to time gate brainless shit.
    ???
    What it has to do with time gating? Wtf are you even talking about?
    Cloack is reward for investing your time and playing in MoP (or atleast afking in LFR which i hate). Simple as that.