Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But that would mean med'an is cannon and thats something we me'dont want.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    No, the Highlord, the Warlock, the Warrior, and the Mage that defeated the Mighty Kil'jaeden the Deceiver with legendary Artifacts gifted to them by beings of legend (Or something like that) aren't going to struggle against fucking Me'dan of all people the patch after.

Argus is a much more powerful foe, and I'm glad we got to fight him instead of "mE'DaN"

- - - Updated - - -

(Also doubt that Illidan, Velen, and Khadgar would struggle against him either. Especially Illidan, who slaughtered a Prime Naaru with a single blow)
    Mighty Kil'jaeden the Deceiver
    sorry i can't hold back a laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    But that would mean med'an is cannon and thats something we me'dont want.
    You will have to console yourself with Med'an being canon, but only in the most technical sense possible. It's unlikely we'll ever see or hear of him in-game, and his omission from "Chronicle" entirely is probably the final nail in his narrative coffin. The best that the few fans of Med'an could hope for is likely a cameo or offhand mention of his name somewhere - but even that is far along the curve of unlikely occurrences, IMO.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You will have to console yourself with Med'an being canon, but only in the most technical sense possible. It's unlikely we'll ever see or hear of him in-game, and his omission from "Chronicle" entirely is probably the final nail in his narrative coffin. The best that the few fans of Med'an could hope for is likely a cameo or offhand mention of his name somewhere - but even that is far along the curve of unlikely occurrences, IMO.
    I would agree up until the point Blizzard invalidated Chronicles themselves as the undisputed, official account of their lore. If in five years they release a new chronicle from say, the point of view of Elune to sell new books, and find themselves wanting to use Med'an and include him in WoW, it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing Blizzard does surprises me anymore, and things are always left at a whim of who's currently in charge and what they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I would agree up until the point Blizzard invalidated Chronicles themselves as the undisputed, official account of their lore. If in five years they release a new chronicle from say, the point of view of Elune to sell new books, and find themselves wanting to use Med'an and include him in WoW, it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing Blizzard does surprises me anymore, and things are always left at a whim of who's currently in charge and what they like.
    I don't really consider Blizzard's refinement on the nature of the "Chronicle" series as an invalidation of any kind - it's still canon, but now has a defined scope, pretty much like every other source of canon info in the Warcraft universe (e.g. comics, novels, in-game texts, etc. etc.) While it's true that "Chronicle" got effectively downgraded from objective reference material, it's still canon and authoritative when it comes to the events and elements it covers. PoV doesn't invalidate or annul canon work, especially not insofar as Warcraft is concerned given the vast majority of its canon is PoV oriented. The Titans are also probably the most objective source of info one can find internal to the Warcraft universe, as well; especially given Aman'thul's mastery over time and his relative omniscience by dint of knowledge of past, present, and future.

But regardless of this, Med'an is unlikely to show up less because of the new standard of "Chronicle" and more because he's deeply unliked by the playerbase, and probably most of the dev team as well. He's one of the worst OC's in the Warcraft universe has ever produced, with Lucan Foxblood in the runner-up spot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I thought that Khadgar killed Me'dan? I mean how else did he get A'tiesh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I thought that Khadgar killed Me'dan? I mean how else did he get A'tiesh?
    Med'an is currently "elsewhere" in the universe, occupied with something we have no knowledge of. Med'an surrendered Atiesh before he left, leaving it in Karazhan to be reclaimed by Khadgar when needed. He probably gave it back to Medivh, who is still alive currently.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Mighty Kil'jaeden the Deceiver
    sorry i can't hold back a laugh
    When you're second in the command of the Burning Legion, the same Legion that was THIS close to destroying everything, then yeah...

You're mighty. KJ also made the Lich King, and has connections to the Shadowlands.

Med'an is currently "elsewhere" in the universe, occupied with something we have no knowledge of. Med'an surrendered Atiesh before he left, leaving it in Karazhan to be reclaimed by Khadgar when needed. He probably gave it back to Medivh, who is still alive currently.
    Yea, I know. I was jk.

I'm all for Med'an being killed in game. In fact, all of Knaaks characters should be killed off as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Yes, great idea, fight with two titans, and then with Med'an
    I also never understood the completely unreasonable hatred of Med'an.
    Super strong? Take a look at Malfurion in Knaak's books, Thrall in Cataclysm, Jaina or Sylvanas in Bfa. Any of them will eat Med'an for breakfast.
    Strange pedigree? Well, I advise such people to start learning the lore of Warcraft and read about centaurs. Well, you know, the guys who came from the Keeper of the Grove and the princess of the earth elemental and therefore their ancestors are also the moon goddess, the huge deer, their son and the Elemental Lord of earth
    I was going to mention the Centaur myself. Med'an's lineage is actually kind of cool to me - I liked the idea that he was a "child of three worlds" and all that. I actually wouldn't mind more strange hybrids of different lineage in the future, since they've established that pretty much anything can have kids together.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm all for Med'an being killed in game. In fact, all of Knaaks characters should be killed off as soon as possible.
    Med'an isn't one of Knaak's characters, he was created by Micky Nielson. Excepting Vereesa Windrunner I think all of Knaak's major characters are dead now.

Med'an isn't one of Knaak's characters, he was created by Micky Nielson. Excepting Vereesa Windrunner I think all of Knaak's major characters are dead now.
    I just read about Micky Nielson originally had plans for Med'an in WoW prior to his departure in 2016. It's even rumored that originally, Thrall's role in Cataclysm was intended for Med'an, but fan dislike of the character (and probably some Metzen meddling) changed that to Thrall. Ironically, Thrall then became hated for being over-powered, so it's very believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just read about Micky Nielson originally had plans for Med'an in WoW prior to his departure in 2016. It's even rumored that originally, Thrall's role in Cataclysm was intended for Med'an, but fan dislike of the character (and probably some Metzen meddling) changed that to Thrall. Ironically, Thrall then became hated for being over-powered, so it's very believable.
    I have heard that as well. I don't really know how it would've gone, but odds are good it wouldn't have been received well. Although it does have the benefit of perhaps keeping Thrall unsullied from the damage he took in Cata and instead heaping it on a character no one liked originally - then disposing of him without ceremony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    They just need to bring Med'An into the game as Medivh's son and nothing else, no op powerup or anything beyond that.

Medivh and Garona made the kid and now he's the apprentice of Khadgar or some shit, bring it sorta full circle.
    I'd be okay with Med'an being the half-Orc son of Garona and Medivh, really; the worst thing about Med'an in my eyes was always his multi-class nature as a Mage, Paladin, and Shaman simply due to his complex parentage and nothing else. Give him a single class like every other person in WoW lore and drop the whole Guardian thing and he'd probably be relatively fine.

I have heard that as well. I don't really know how it would've gone, but odds are good it wouldn't have been received well. Although it does have the benefit of perhaps keeping Thrall unsullied from the damage he took in Cata and instead heaping it on a character no one liked originally - then disposing of him without ceremony.
    My thoughts exactly. Even Thrall's dialogue and the way he acted seemed so out of character for him from the Thrall we knew in WCIII-Wrath, that role seemed like it was written for a cheese ball hero the likes of Med'an.

7+ Year Old Account
    nah, maybe super corrupted medivh, but he would be as bad as argus coming from nowhere

I'd be okay with Med'an being the half-Orc son of Garona and Medivh, really; the worst thing about Med'an in my eyes was always his multi-class nature as a Mage, Paladin, and Shaman simply due to his complex parentage and nothing else. Give him a single class like every other person in WoW lore and drop the whole Guardian thing and he'd probably be relatively fine.
    If anything, he should just be a straight mage and that's it, none of the comic book fluff needs to be carried over into the game, really. I just hate loose ends and wish they'd use him just to kill him if nothing else. Being Medivh's son is kind of a big deal, but he's kind of like the redheaded stepchild they're trying to forget, but obviously can't hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If anything, he should just be a straight mage and that's it, none of the comic book fluff needs to be carried over into the game, really. I just hate loose ends and wish they'd use him just to kill him if nothing else. Being Medivh's son is kind of a big deal, but he's kind of like the redheaded stepchild they're trying to forget, but obviously can't hide.
    I thought "Chronicle Vol. 3" was going to de-canonize him entirely as the story surrounding Cho'gall, Garona, and C'Thun were related without reference to or mention of him until Neilson tweeted to confirm his existence was still canon. Was pretty much the perfect place to excise him from canon, but they opted not to for whatever reason. Doesn't imply he'll ever show up, though; and I think this was done as something of a favor to the hard work Neilson had done since Med'an is apparently a favorite character of his (for reasons unknown to mostly everyone else).

I think Neilson had big plans for him, but given his departure those plans are likely up in smoke.

That'd require canonizing a half orc half human half draenei shamageadin.

Also people (rightfully) unfamiliar with his story would've been as confused as I was when this weird lady was floating over the sunwell in the Kil'jaeden fight muttering something about sacrificing herself. I think she was in love with a dragon?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-13 at 07:12 AM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That'd require canonizing a half orc half human half draenei shamageadin.

Also people (rightfully) unfamiliar with his story would've been as confused as I was when this weird lady was floating over the sunwell in the Kil'jaeden fight muttering something about sacrificing herself. I think she was in love with a dragon?
    She was also the sunwell given human form and a fake history and personality by another dragon. Goddamn dragons sometimes...