Thread: Changes again

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Changes again

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.

e: before someone mentions about queue leavers it's spirit of vanilla. Every premade team dodged other premades and developers didn't fix this back in the day so it's spirit of vanilla.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-02-11 at 09:00 PM.

It's Classic, not Vanilla. They're trying to make Classic even more distinct than Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.
    And how exactly does this affect gameplay for the average player? I get that it's a change but there must be a thought behind it to try and bring the actual experience closer to what it was in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    And how exactly does this affect gameplay for the average player? I get that it's a change but there must be a thought behind it to try and bring the actual experience closer to what it was in vanilla.
    This hurts queue dodgers that was part of vanilla ranking

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe tell your fellow players to stop being criminals. Enter the BG and fight. Vanilla didn't have players exploit this shit (or at least not the the disgusting extent they do now), this change actually makes classic closer to vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Maybe tell your fellow players to stop being criminals. Enter the BG and fight. Vanilla didn't have players exploit this shit (or at least not the the disgusting extent they do now), this change actually makes classic closer to vanilla.
    By your logic flasks and elixirs should be nerfed because those weren't used that commonly like we nowadays use in Classic. You can't tweak everything around how commons something was vs nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hug your katana close and try to get over it.
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You're defending queue dodgers? Something tells me you're just trolling.

By your logic flasks and elixirs should be nerfed because those weren't used that commonly like we nowadays use in Classic. You can't tweak everything around how commons something was vs nowadays.
    That's not really correct, that has more to do with players just being better and more knowledgeable in all things WoW.
    Those potions were their in vanilla - people were just oblivious (donalds).

#nochanges was dead the moment they released in 1.12. Maybe even earlier than that, you can't just take away all our knowledge. Plus, the playerbase is much much more tryhard as a whole.

You were never going to get your mythical pure vanilla experience on these servers.

That said, lets keep going. Give paladins a taunt, buff some of the meme specs, do something about how expensive respecs are.

As a sidenote, i'm really surprised they haven't fixed any of the multiple terrain exploits being used by solo farmers. I don't have a class that can use them at the moment, and I don't really care if they stay in or not, but yes they are expolits.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-02-11 at 09:13 PM.

whatever, enjoy actual competition. hope you can cut it.

i like how blizzard made this change but not queueing pug vs pug

yep blizzard catering to horde babies as always.

Fucking awesome. Now go and fight other premades and stop curb stomping pugs

The classic community mantra "#NoChanges - Except for ANY change Blizzard decide to make, which we will fiercely defend as a "fix" and say anyone who disagrees doesnt like classic!"

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    You're defending queue dodgers? Something tells me you're just trolling.
    Your defending changes? What's next? Druids able to Rez people normally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh it just gets abused anyway, good riddance.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It hurts people manipulating the system, which could just as easily be concidered an exploit since they use the system in ways it's not supposed to be used for better ranking.

This is a great change and something they should have done in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your defending changes? What's next? Druids able to Rez people normally?
    You should really learn the difference between mechanical changes and upgrades to the platform and actual gameplay changes. If they start adding skills and change balacing, I'll lift an eyebrow. So far they've only improved the game.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2020-02-11 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's Classic, not Vanilla. They're trying to make Classic even more distinct than Retail.
    You know...the irony is tasty.

So many people don't want #NoChanges these are the people who are some of the most vocal about thinking BfA sucks...yet it doesn't seem to compute that maybe changes will be bad because its the same developing studio that brought them BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post

This is a great change and something they should have done in vanilla.
    So you would like to see them make all the changes they "should" have made in vanilla in classic?

10+ Year Old Account
    This disgusting action from Blizzard makes me think.

All I wish for my birthday and for Christmas is that these servers die completely and that people boycott these servers and play more than ever on private servers and actually give the server owners a lot of money so that this hurts Blizzard financially.

Then, maybe then will they release ACTUAL Vanilla servers with ABSOLUTELY ZERO, and by zero I mean ZERO changes, like we asked for for a god damn 13+ years.