Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Another nothing interview where we are basically told that he sticks with all the shit decisions he's made over the past 3-4 years and will carry on with that same philosophy.

    Why does he always talk like a robot that's been pre-programmed with a script rather than a human being? Everything about him is just wrong. It's probably the reason why he thinks he's doing a great job. Hard to empathise with the players when they're human and you're some kind of cyborg.


    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    - No plans for raids opening at the same time

    Aight, F U Ion.
    How does it even affect you lmao. This is like, the most minimal thing to care about in the current state of this game.
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2020-02-12 at 08:47 AM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    If you want to be competitive you are "forced" to sim every last piece of gear you get now. He doubles down on this. RNG has been jacked up exponentially. Didn't he say that going forward this wasn't going to happen?

    How do you guys let him get away with this?

    It is a demonstrable fact of WOW that players care less and less about "competitive raiding" and this is exactly one of the reasons. It's all so arbitrary. I certainly don't speak for everyone, let alone most MMOC devotees, but I'm a lifelong player, mythic since it was introduced, and due to these new devleopments I've completely stopped caring about minmaxxing, which used to be the bright spot in the game, and by extension, competitive raiding, period. WOW has become more and more like an Ameritrash genre boardgame.

    Yet.... Ion hyperfocuses on competitive raiding, because that's where he came from. Meanwhile, PVP has been left to die on the vine. There was an entire subset of the game that focussed on WPVP, and that's long dead.

    I simply don't think competitive raiding is enough to carry the game.

    Ion is a great raid dev. It was a mistake though to make him head of all of WOW. It would be like making Trump a leader not just of inbred imbeciles, but the entire USA.

    I remember when WOW was much, much larger and diverse, and lately it feels like it has become a Ion/Method Josh/Preach circle jerk. It's videos like this that explain to me why, judging from my admittedly anecdotal friends list, Classic has more players than the sinking ship of Retail.
    I am amazed of the amount of people who think Ion is the godking of wow and makes every call alone.

    And meanwhile my friendlist shows everyone moving from classic back to retail, which is why evidence like this is no evidence.

  3. #63
    Stood in the Fire Penegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The reason that systems like this are needed is for Mythic+ to be desirable to run.
    With set ilvl and nothing else you could be done with your Mythic+ best in slot in 1-2 weeks.
    They may be needed but I don't feel the implementations we have seen so far are fun. I'd much rather have mythic level items drop from end-of-dungeon chests after specific criteria has been reached (For example, +15 and up, timed for +2 to have Mythic level items with it going down to a +1 at +17 and above). Then have the weekly cache also reward people who achieved a mythic level item in the end-of-dungeon chest with an extra item that adds a socket to any item you want. I'd run the shit out of that.

    It's much better in my opinion to have something you can consistently achieve if you put in the time and effort in it than have to rely on pure RNG to have satisfying rewards.

  4. #64
    Bullshit. Regular Mythic raiders don’t care about when the raids open. It makes no difference for the majority so you might as well make the RWF more enjoyable and release the raid at the same time.

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire Penegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Bullshit. Regular Mythic raiders don’t care about when the raids open. It makes no difference for the majority so you might as well make the RWF more enjoyable and release the raid at the same time.
    If you had to raid 14-16 hours a day for the RWF would you be happy starting in the evening and going through the night? What he said did not concern normal mythic raiders. It only concerns world first raiders. They are also people. So far it has worked well. The 16-hour advantage that the NA guilds have is usually destroyed via the bugs they encounter first. It really isn't that much of a problem.

    Also, having a staggered release means 24/7 coverage - you can watch EU guilds during one part of the day and NA during another. It's actually better in terms of content, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Penegal; 2020-02-12 at 09:07 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Bullshit. Regular Mythic raiders don’t care about when the raids open. It makes no difference for the majority so you might as well make the RWF more enjoyable and release the raid at the same time.
    Which region will sacrifice days from its reset for this?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    err.. what?

    I play a tank and I'm happy with a single high rolled EV, because having high corruption is a pain when you ride the wheelchair.

    With titanforging I would have to get lucky with 10 slots.
    "I do not have a refrigerator, because i do not smoke".

    I seriously am trying to understand what you are trying to say here??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    50 Corruption Resistance from cloak, +10 from essence. +3 per week after you get your cloak to 12. Letting corruption go over 60 is probably insane. So that means 150 corruption is likely your max budget. That's 2 tier 3 Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation. Really unless you are going for multiple gushing wounds/strikethrough/expedient (which after the EV nerf is not a poor strategy), you will likely not use THAT many corrupt items.
    Yes, now there is only a small detail left of going and getting those to drop.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    "I do not have a refrigerator, because i do not smoke".

    I seriously am trying to understand what you are trying to say here??
    a single highrolled echoing void is enough to fill most of my corruption budget, which isn't very high due to "riding the wheelchair" as in playing a death knight.

    With corruption it takes one good roll and you're mostly good.
    With titanforging it took 10 ish.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I could easily see Corruptions carry over to Shadowlands under a different name, and be different in every raid tier/season similar to the big affix in M+. Or just adding more that reflect the new tier.
    As long as they tune it better, sure. Problem would be that it's hard to come up with that many unique effects each season.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  10. #70
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    a single highrolled echoing void is enough to fill most of my corruption budget, which isn't very high due to "riding the wheelchair" as in playing a death knight.

    With corruption it takes one good roll and you're mostly good.
    With titanforging it took 10 ish.
    Let's not forget that they also solved the socket issue. While the vast majority of people are nowhere near buying socket item from Wrathion, it will happen eventually, removing another layer of RNG from gearing.

    The issue isn't the system itself, but horrible imbalances between the effects. We're getting there with more hotfixes and people are getting more items to switch them around. Loudest screams come from players forgetting that this tier has barely begun and there will be a ton of gear to even things out.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2020-02-12 at 09:23 AM.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

    Why does he always talk like a robot that's been pre-programmed with a script rather than a human being? Everything about him is just wrong. It's probably the reason why he thinks he's doing a great job. Hard to empathise with the players when they're human and you're some kind of cyborg.

    He is doing a fine job, he is an elitist thats knows the 99% thats crying are scrublords that cry about things that doesnt even affect them, thank god at least a dev is doing it.

    Again people assuming its 1 mans job what happens to the game, lol

    The raids are fine, sure N'zoth was buggy, welcome to programming and welcome to 2006 where bosses were spawning under other bosses.

    There are some dumb design decisions, like essences not being account wide yet, but they dont give a fuck on that matter, whether you play 100h/week or 2h/week because you dont wanna farm essences on your alt, they get 13e out of you.

    Thats not his decision.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    a single highrolled echoing void is enough to fill most of my corruption budget, which isn't very high due to "riding the wheelchair" as in playing a death knight.

    With corruption it takes one good roll and you're mostly good.
    With titanforging it took 10 ish.
    Ok, so it seems that you got lucky with corrupted item, but was not so lucky with titan forges? But that does not make corruption any less RNG.

    Seriously, corrupted gear is objectively and factually more RNG than titanforged. Why are you trying to deny that?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    "- Their reasoning for the final cutscene wasn't that they were lazy or wanted to cut corners. They wanted to put an emphasis on the player as they've heard the feedback on it feeling weird that you kill the boss and then you watch Thrall finish him off. This meant that they couldn't do a fully pre-rendered cinematic. It's unfortunate that a lot of people watched it unfold outside the raid, without your character and group in the focus. But they've heard the feedback and will consider it going forward."

    The amount of bogus on this statement is just on another level. What feedback about feeling weird?
    What about tons of other constructive feedback that your team ignore - and yet you decided to address THIS?

    Comon man, your lawyer BS talking skills are slipping away...

    " They're happy with how Corruption is playing out,"

    /facepalm I guess.
    I think he means as a system,and I agree,its far more interesting than TF,and its better than legion legenderies,also its nice knowing it will just scale like crazy overtime,in legion I had hoped we could equip more and more over time,but nope,would have been to much fun i guess

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Ok, so it seems that you got lucky with corrupted item, but was not so lucky with titan forges? But that does not make corruption any less RNG.

    Seriously, corrupted gear is objectively and factually more RNG than titanforged. Why are you trying to deny that?
    How on earth is getting one good roll more rng than getting 10 good rolls in different slots?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    How on earth is getting one good roll more rng than getting 10 good rolls in different slots?
    Its the logic of "You arent agreeing with my logic so you are wrong, therefor everything you say gets ignored until you say yes".

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    How on earth is getting one good roll more rng than getting 10 good rolls in different slots?
    Are you aware of what RNG is and how it works?

  17. #77
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Are you aware of what RNG is and how it works?
    Are you? You don't care which slot corrupts, you just care it does and gets one of the good effects. After that, you're pretty much set for couple months until you cross another corruption threshold and can equip another good corruption.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Are you aware of what RNG is and how it works?
    Yes, and I repeat, how on earth is it harder to land a good corruption out of 19 to ANY of the 8 slots that can corrupt than landing titanforge on most of the 10 slots that can TF?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He is doing a fine job, he is an elitist thats knows the 99% thats crying are scrublords that cry about things that doesnt even affect them, thank god at least a dev is doing it.
    Idk even know what that means

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Again people assuming its 1 mans job what happens to the game, lol
    His title is Game Director. His vision steers the game. If something fails the team leader takes the fall and if it's a success the team leader takes the plaudits welcome to the real world.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    Are you aware of what RNG is and how it works?
    Corruption: you need a good roll on around 2-3 items (can't wear more anyways) out of a pool with around a dozen effects, however 3 of them should be decent.
    wf/tf: you have the chance to roll 5/10/15/20+ and you want it on ALL your items.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •