Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Something that's always bothered me is once the last content patch goes out they do 0 class changes because the expansion is coming out and it's not worth it to them. Meanwhile from a players POV if your class sucks it's too bad and if you're class is OP then GG to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah, if couple of dudes running a pserver can do it daily, blizzard can certainly do balancing patches each 2 weeks.

It is absolutely retarded some classes can open up with 300k dps on aoe and even more retarded one spec can do 400k, while other classes can't even begin to hope to catch up.

I don't wanna promote any pserver but this one I am talking about is certainly unique. Does balancing patches each 1-3 days and ALSO got their own PTR.
    I skimmed thru last 6 months of their patch notes and it was like 120 pages of them.

Blizzard does one page each 6 months.
    Not to defend Blizzard because I want more balance patches but there's more "risK" making changes that go out to millions of players vs some dudes who have a few thousand people on their server.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2020-02-13 at 07:03 PM.

Nah, if couple of dudes running a pserver can do it daily, blizzard can certainly do balancing patches each 2 weeks.

It is absolutely retarded some classes can open up with 300k dps on aoe and even more retarded one spec can do 400k, while other classes can't even begin to hope to catch up.

I don't wanna promote any pserver but this one I am talking about is certainly unique. Does balancing patches each 1-3 days and ALSO got their own PTR.
    I skimmed thru last 6 months of their patch notes and it was like 120 pages of them.

One thing to consider is that they aren't patching a client that is used in esports.

This is shit. The fun comes from beeing overpowered from time to time. Not having balance updates each fucking day also brings stability. Why throw this away just so the numbers of all classes are the same? It seems pretty stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is shit. The fun comes from beeing overpowered from time to time. Not having balance updates each fucking day also brings stability. Why throw this away just so the numbers of all classes are the same? It seems pretty stupid to me.
    WoW just has the sort of tendency that the usual suspects are generally the OP ones.
    I mean, name the last time a spec like Feral or Enhance were the "OP ones" in PvE.

While certain things can't get fixed that easily via numbers, it is better than to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    WoW just has the sort of tendency that the usual suspects are generally the OP ones.
    I mean, name the last time a spec like Feral or Enhance were the "OP ones" in PvE.

While certain things can't get fixed that easily via numbers, it is better than to do nothing.
    But this has nothing to do with the frequency of balance updates..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    But this has nothing to do with the frequency of balance updates..
    More balance patches = more nerfs for OP specs + buffs for weak specs.

Would it fix everything?
    Nope, but it would improve the situation.

They haven't learned anything and will continue on with the same bad design ideas. These current devs are a joke.

Admittedly I've only read the bullet points, but man, he's as condescending as ever.
    What an asshole. Not gonna waste one minute of my life watching him puke on the playerbase.

You guys live in some weird alternate reality where Ion didn't explicitly say in the interview there was balancing issues with corruptions and Blizzard hasn't already released a patch that massively changed up the corruption tuning.

Edit: oh it's not in the summary and none of you guys actually listened to what he said.
    Last edited by puddypounce; 2020-02-14 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

God feral was a mess at launch, they got buffed like 5x in the first few months of the expansion and were still considered garbage. Honestly I'd rather them error on the side of overpowered when they tune some underpowered spec and just pull back a week or two later than giving a class a 5% dmg buff multiple times.

I wish I could get a high paying job where I suck as bad at it as Ion sucks at his job but still keep it.
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2020-02-15 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I was I could get a high paying job where I suck as bad at it as Ion sucks at his job but still keep it.
    Ion doesn’t suck at his job. Give me a break... we might not all agree with the direction of the game sometimes but we should at least appreciate that somebody with a passion for the game took over.

We’d be reliving Everquest right now without somebody like him.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Ion doesn’t suck at his job. Give me a break... we might not all agree with the direction of the game sometimes but we should at least appreciate that somebody with a passion for the game took over.

We’d be reliving Everquest right now without somebody like him.
    We have Jeff Kaplan to thank for the greatest period of WoW.

Jeff Kaplan -- whose biggest claim to fame when he was hired to work on WoW was calling EverQuest's lead devs fucking retards. I mean, sure. I guess.

I hardly agree with you that Jeff Kaplan is responsible for the greatest period in wow. I think MoP eclipses WotLK and BC.

I wish I could get a high paying job where I suck as bad at it as Ion sucks at his job but still keep it.
    In the US, there are thousands of mid level managers at big corporations who make $120k+ and do maybe 5 hrs of work a week. Speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    FF14 is a solid option, if you don't like HC raiding or pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

From which side?

The half that wants flying or the half that wants it removed?

The half that likes corruption, or the half that hates it?
    There is no half that likes corruption.