Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They aren't giving aim assist. The whole point of what I just said was that I can't really tell I'm cloud gaming in most scenarios when I have solid internet.
    You think you can't but wait until you go online and play against others. Casual or hardcore, the fact that input lag is there is going to agitate you when you start losing in multiplayer games. Cloud gaming has inherently higher latency when online, since you're input data has to travel to two locations instead of just one.
    Ya, it's limited to 60 fps in its default mode. It did have 120 previously, but it was moved to "competitive" settings from what I gathered (I don't know specifics or details about that setting). The context of my post is referring to the fact that the hardware is quite good and better than you thought.
    So this service can stream 120fps? Just did a quick Google and it renders games up to 120fps but only outputs at 60hz. I'm not impressed with 120fps at 1080p since most hardware can push well beyond that in frame rates.
    That's a terrible example screenshot, but I think I get what you're trying to show me. Yes, the color can look 5-10% washed out depending on the game. It's a con, but hopefully it will improve. Thats an area that Stadia does a better job on.
    That was a snapshot from someone who used Geforce Now and that is expected when you stream a compressed video stream. Color banding shows that this isn't the equivalent to a Xbox 360 or PS4, let alone a low end PC, as these don't have color banding issues.
    I'm not trying to sell it, but for $5 a month it fits my needs and is dirt cheap. Is it going to be the same experience as that hardware locally? No, but why would it when that hardware is 300+ times more expensive to own than access to it by cloud for a month subscription. It's an option that essentially works for my needs and for those of us who don't want to spend that kind of money to own the hardware.
    I'm hearing rumors that the price jumps up to $15 when the limited deal is over. Considering how many disadvantages you get, I'd rather buy a PS4.

Sounds like Activision wanted a piece of the action for the "live service", but Nvidia assumed they were fine continuing their partnership (meaning they had authorization and all that EULA argument was nothing, like I said) as it had been going in beta, since they still aren't actually charging anything to consumers for three more months (IE no piece of the action to give til then).

So greed. I still say F Activision. It's a sh... move to leave their consumers in the cold that were relying on the service to access their games. No statement, warning, nothing.

Nvidia could have done better too, which they are admitting at least, and communicating.
    Yea no, this sounds like a copyright issue now. Nvidia never got the permission to use these games on their service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    How is that not greedy? How is it not anti-consumer to leave their consumers in the cold?
    Cloud gaming in a nut shell. That is the intent of cloud gaming, to get you to pay a reoccurring fee to play games on their service. To do that, you'll want some anti-consumer practices like exclusives and pulling content. Just look at Netflix where they had no choice but to make original content to stay relevant, after so many pulled out to start their own service.

So can NVIDIA ban ActiBlizz games to run on GeForce GPUs because they profit from running their games on NVIDIA hardware? Or ActiBlizz has the permission to do it? Can anyone explain? I'm not really familiar with all the legal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    So can NVIDIA ban ActiBlizz games to run on GeForce GPUs because they profit from running their games on NVIDIA hardware? Or ActiBlizz has the permission to do it? Can anyone explain? I'm not really familiar with all the legal stuff.
    Literally impossible, they are just GPUs at the end of the day that run off direct X on windows PCs any game that runs off direct X would be able to play and you can't "ban them". They could refuse to work with them which would make so the games are terribly optimized on their drivers but that would cause them more harm then the publishers since the angry customers who want to play their games could just migrate to AMD if they had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Literally impossible, they are just GPUs at the end of the day that run off direct X on windows PCs any game that runs off direct X would be able to play and you can't "ban them". They could refuse to work with them which would make so the games are terribly optimized on their drivers but that would cause them more harm then the publishers since the angry customers who want to play their games could just migrate to AMD if they had to.
    Oh thanks for the answer mate. I sometimes witness thug of war situation between two corporations in my field (corp. banking) and I was wondering if something like this can occur here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Think our OP will finally admit they were wrong?
    No. He'll double down on hiw greedy Activision is and how he is still right despite Nvidia fucking things up because they never negotiated agreements for post Beta.

Oops. Too late. He already did. Proving once again he doesn't know what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    No. He'll double down on hiw greedy Activision is and how he is still right despite Nvidia fucking things up because they never negotiated agreements for post Beta.

Oops. Too late. He already did. Proving once again he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    I see that, but I'm not surprised at all.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not surprising, cloud gaming had been against blizzard tos for a long time now
    I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner... I am more shocked that people are only now shocked lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I see that, but I'm not surprised at all.
    Thread should be put out of its misery since the whole premise under which it was made has been proven to be not true.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Thread should be put out of its misery since the whole premise under which it was made has been proven to be not true.
    I cant disagree with you at all.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Closing down this thread due to the premise it was created under has proven to not be true.