Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Activision forces NVIDIA to remove all game from GeForce NOW

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.

Yeah, was reading that article too on PC Gamer.

Maybe they want to start their own streaming service. Happened with Netflix, Disney pulling out to have Disney+, etc.

It shall be known as ActiPlay!

I just want to play WoW on mobile, some basic questing while I'm at work...

There'll always be Steam Link!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-12 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Yeah, was reading that article too on PC Gamer.

Maybe they want to start their own streaming service. Happened with Netflix, Disney pulling out to have Disney+, etc.

It shall be known as ActiPlay!

I just want to play WoW on mobile, some basic questing while I'm at work...

There'll always be Steam Link!
    If they wanted to start one, why would they pull their stuff now and not wait until the service is even remotely ready? (IE it's not because it hasn't even been announced, let alone tested to the masses)

Most likely botting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    So you are 'pissed', are you 'pissed' enough to stop giving your money to Blizzard yet?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't really see why Activision Blizzard would lose out on having their games available on GFN, and the journalist just speculates that the deal is not satisfactory for them. Does anyone have any insight into how this platform works, in the sense that the game companies would have increased cost or lost income with players using GFN?
    Mother pus bucket!

That's a shame. I've been using the beta to access WoW on my work laptop since summer 2019 and just bought the initial $5 offer since it's a good value proposition to me. Guess I'll need to find a new time waster during downtime periods at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't really see why Activision Blizzard would lose out on having their games available on GFN, and the journalist just speculates that the deal is not satisfactory for them. Does anyone have any insight into how this platform works, in the sense that the game companies would have increased cost or lost income with players using GFN?
    I don't know. Knowing this greedy pos company it's likely financially motivated. What doesn't make sense, is the service has literally been in beta for 2+ years. Why is there now all of a sudden an issue? Why wasn't it addressed in that 2+ year window? Why wouldn't it make more sense for it to increase their profits by giving those with older computers a means to play their games, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your mac pro can't run windows?
    How the F is windows going to all of a sudden give my computer more horsepower?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are 'pissed', are you 'pissed' enough to stop giving your money to Blizzard yet?
    I remember you used to have constructive, interesting things to say, now, you just seem to roam the forums posting this garbage.

How the F is windows going to all of a sudden give my computer more horsepower?
    Is your Mac pro a diesel?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is GeForce NOW?

I only know GeForce as a manufactorer of video cards (and drivers), but it's clearly now what this is about.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

How disappointing. Fuck Acticrap.
    Once again they display a complete lack of foresight. Even if they would want to release a similar service in the future it will just suck, same as it happened with hots. By the time they pulled their head out of ass after missing out on dota it was waaay too late.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-12 at 07:33 AM.

Holy shit what a dck-move from them.
    I was seriously thinking lately about checking the GF NOW (i heard and watched tons of good rewievs about it) but i got bad feeling that some other companies will follow Actishitsion now.

What a shit times to be gamer...

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What is GeForce NOW?

I only know GeForce as a manufactorer of video cards (and drivers), but it's clearly now what this is about.
    It is Nvidia live service that you can use to play your Steam or Battlenet (oh wait...) games on their superb pcs for ~6 euros/dolars a month. Something similar to infamous Stadia from Google. It recently left beta testing or something.
    More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-02-12 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How disappointing. Fuck Acticrap.
    Once again they display a complete lack of foresight. Even if they would want to release a similar service in the future it will just suck, same as it happened with hots. By the time they pulled their head out of ass after missing out on dota it was waaay too late.
    I just found out that last week they partnered with google to stream their e-sports and there is speculation they are going to go to Stadia and be exclusive to them for cloud streaming, effectively making everyone have to re-buy their game to play them on Stadia. If this is true, there aren't even words to describe how much of a garbage pos company they have become.

I just found out that last week they partnered with google to stream their e-sports and there is speculation they are going to go to Stadia and be exclusive to them for cloud streaming, effectively making everyone have to re-buy their game to play them on Stadia. If this is true, there aren't even words to describe how much of a garbage pos company they have become.
    Sadly it sounds like the shit they might try to pull off.
    Garbage associates with garbage

Not surprising, cloud gaming had been against blizzard tos for a long time now

Not surprising. Blizzard has their own launcher that provides access to their games and connectivity between them. Having them on a whole, unaffiliated launcher, would do nothing but muddy their process. B.net battle tag would be gone, not to mention any ability to actively support their customers would be drastically cut since they would not have acess to the launcher for troubleshooting problems.

As much as I hate Activision, I can see why Blizzard would do this. It just makes sense when you stop to think about how integrated their launcher is with their games. Especially a game like Overwatch where connecting with friends would just be made harder when a new launcher that Blizzard cannot make any compatibility to is introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I don't know. Knowing this greedy pos company it's likely financially motivated. What doesn't make sense, is the service has literally been in beta for 2+ years. Why is there now all of a sudden an issue? Why wasn't it addressed in that 2+ year window? Why wouldn't it make more sense for it to increase their profits by giving those with older computers a means to play their games, etc?
    Yes, I would think that a "greedy" move was to make it available for more devices, especially if they don't have to spend resources on it themselves. I find myself in a situation that I can't really play the newest games with satisfactory performance, and I can't prioritize buying a new rig atm, which makes cloud gaming very attractive for me. I'm sure there is a large segment of people that are held back by the cost and "cant be arsed"-ness, that consider that as a good alternative as well. Also companies would not have to spend as much time developing and testing games for the weaker specs, because their player base would either have high or medium specs through standalone pc OR a type medium spec through cloud gaming. It's also silly to lock themselves out of cloud gaming when their competitors seem to embrace it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not surprising. Blizzard has their own launcher that provides access to their games and connectivity between them. Having them on a whole, unaffiliated launcher, would do nothing but muddy their process. B.net battle tag would be gone, not to mention any ability to actively support their customers would be drastically cut since they would not have acess to the launcher for troubleshooting problems.

As much as I hate Activision, I can see why Blizzard would do this. It just makes sense when you stop to think about how integrated their launcher is with their games. Especially a game like Overwatch where connecting with friends would just be made harder when a new launcher that Blizzard cannot make any compatibility to is introduced.
    So GFN doesn't wrap their launcher? Because they do that for steam. So far, I've only played steam games on GFN.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

You are wrong.