Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo 5 boss possible in vision ?

Hello just wanted to know if anybody solo 5 bosses and what essence did you use
    Last edited by Beenieshaman; 2020-02-12 at 12:44 PM.

I managed to get 5 chests in Stormwind last week. My strategy was basically to begin with the tougher areas and finish the medium ones by aoeing all I could down.

I played as destro, mainly using focusing iris as a major. Azerite traits were I think something like 3x Flashpoint, 2 Rolling Havoc, 1 Crashing Chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Org is the easiest. You want to use your most powerful AoE essence, along with Voidwalker (Felguard of course if Demo) to gather up as many mobs as humanely possible, then AoE them down. Prioritize CC mobs - In Valley of Wisdom and the Drag, there are a few caster mobs who will channel a stun, plus tentacles that burrow-stun (Avoidable). In Valley of Strength pretty much all of the mobs apply a stacking debuff that stuns. There is no mobs that CC in Valley of Spirits, and only the door guards CC in Valley of Honor.

So yea. Group up as many mobs as you can, then AoE them down. Pop CDs to quickly burn the elites.

The biggest contributors to soloing 5 boss is Cloak rank (Higher the better of course, but the difference between rank 3 and rank 6 is pretty large all told for instance) and ESPECIALLY essence rank (The highest tier research makes solo 5 extremely easy due to having so much extra sanity, you even have a good shot at 2-masking it. Of course, you need to be built for solo rather then group.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildmann View Post
    I managed to get 5 chests in Stormwind last week. My strategy was basically to begin with the tougher areas and finish the medium ones by aoeing all I could down.

I played as destro, mainly using focusing iris as a major. Azerite traits were I think something like 3x Flashpoint, 2 Rolling Havoc, 1 Crashing Chaos.
    I was doing it as demo but Destro same perfect
    I had about 60% when I kill thrall

Thanks would give destro a try

Did 3 masks, played mostly Demo, respecced Aff for some bosses (Rexxar notably) and Destro for Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by jojoushi View Post
    Did 3 masks, played mostly Demo, respecced Aff for some bosses (Rexxar notably) and Destro for Thrall.
    How do you manage stats, or you don't bother at all when changing specs? At least explosive potential demo has very different stat priorities if I recall correctly. I would love to focus on Demo, but I am unaware of how good it is nowadays, and most people go VOP which I kind of dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    How do you manage stats, or you don't bother at all when changing specs? At least explosive potential demo has very different stat priorities if I recall correctly. I would love to focus on Demo, but I am unaware of how good it is nowadays, and most people go VOP which I kind of dislike.
    Didn't bother that much with stats, I currently have something like 1.8k haste, 1.4k crit, 1.1k versa and 800 mastery. Running with focusing iris and 3 BI / 3 EP on demo, and regular single target build on aff and destro.

Quote Originally Posted by jojoushi View Post
    Didn't bother that much with stats, I currently have something like 1.8k haste, 1.4k crit, 1.1k versa and 800 mastery. Running with focusing iris and 3 BI / 3 EP on demo, and regular single target build on aff and destro.
    Cheers, I'll give that a try, I just started playing the game again so I got a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully demo is good for M+, keep hearing lately that locks ain't doing that great, except from destro dominating PvP.

I've done 1 Mask Stormwind as Affliction and will attempt OG this week with 2 Masks.

Talents: Drain Soul, Absolute Corruption, Burning Rush (to counter hard slows like that one in SW)/Demon Skin, Phantom, Stun CD reduce, Haunt, Dark Soul.
    Essences: Major Iris, Minors: Purification Protocol, Brearth of the dying, Vision of perfection

ST burst is excellent. Cleave is excellent. AoE-Burst is good due to the Iris, but thankfully much more isn't really needed. Just focus the "dangerous" trash mobs, dot up all the others and move on. Don't hesitate using Darkglare 'cause of the reduced CD, even on big trash pulls. One trait of inevitable demise won't hurt, since there will almost always be mobs living with Corruption on them.

The only time I kill everything which I pulled is when I have either Iris available or need to use an sanity orb. Otherwise I let the regular enemies slowly tick down and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    If this is Lock specific question, than ignore me, If not, I've solo cleared as a Mage (close enough) with (M) Lucid Dream, (m) Breath of dying, Crucible of flame, and unbound force.

I did 5 boss clear Orgrimmar as demo: M: focus energy, m-breath, Lucid, VOP.

I actually cleared both easy zones first, then the hard ones after. Worked really well as the elite mobs come up at great times, so it prolonged the need to use an orb. VOP with focus as major means you're pretty much always got a great CD available. Haven't tried any masks yet. Maybe next week.

Very possible, and quite easy. 450 ilvl Destro with Focusing Iris + Crucible, Lucid Dreams and Breath.
    Cloak at rank 9 + the talent to have sanity restored when killing elites.

Things to keep in mind: Have a HS ready in case you overpull (unlike DH's for example who can pop an eye beam and laugh at 99999 mobs for a few seconds, we don't have the luxury), don't stand around to finish off packs (as soon as you kill the problematic mobs, move on to the next pack and keep on moving), same with objectives to click on stuff, just leave the mobs behind and keep on going - finish them off when they catch up and pay attention to what mobs you have pulled, there's nothing more annoying than getting stunned right as your Focusing Iris starts to fire (can use it right after a shadowfury for safety).

And also don't use an orb and chill in it. Use it near some packs and pull them, you'll regen the sanity while killing them.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-17 at 11:23 AM.

I was doing it as demo but Destro same perfect
    I had about 60% when I kill thrall

Thanks would give destro a try
    You can change your spec inside the vision and your gear as well if you want to have a second set with you with different traits. If you feel more confident clearing trash with one spec and boss with another, you should do so. Or a specific boss that needs interrupts/control over another that needs to be bursted down etc.

Edit - Or sections like in org where you fight an elite right before the boss of the section, you can change spec between these elite/bosses to have fresh CDs up on both fights.
    Last edited by faithbane; 2020-02-17 at 11:29 AM.

Spec: Demo
    Talents: 2122212
    Essences: protocol, CoS, Breath of und, lucid

managed to do it with 1 orb left and the anhk talent

tired 1 mask solo today, but was a bit short, if i pulled bigger im sure i would have made it

Managed to clear Orgrimmar 5 chest yesterday as well. Did just about everything as destro, only changing for afflic for Rexxar and Thrall.

Thrall wasn't necessarily a boss that required afflic's burst and steady dps, but I was just coming back from Rexxar anyway. I decided to use it for him because I always got screwed by his pigs when the fight started, and sure, destro deals a ton of damage, but whenever you start getting stunned and bumped all the time, there's no dps going out. Afflic made him into a joke, likely killed him in less than 10 seconds, and I didn't do much after popping the usual rotation with deathbolt.

Now I'll save visions for this week's 6 run upgrade, and then I'll try some a mask run again whenever I'm about to cap.

Good progress this week so far. I go bored of the "normal" 5 chests to upgrade the cloak, so I decided to spice it up by trying the masks. Ran a 3 chest run with the Mask of the Long Night by completing both harded objectives and getting two new masks.

Also completed a 5 chest run by using the Mask of Dark Imaginations. Not that difficult if you swap to affliction for umbric. My trick was to use Absolute Corruption and just basically spam him with the usual opening rotation when the fight started. The ramp up is slow enough that you can put a lot of dots on Umbric, then he'll be "stuck" casting his polimorph, giving you enough time to pop Darkglare and somewhat ensure that all dots will be ticking at maximum duration when he teleports to the other rooms. You can basically just wait by where the portal should spawn while he dies off from dots. Kind of hilarious that one of the most annoying bosses don't even require you to actually be in the same room as him.

Everything else except for Alleria was done as destruction.

I finally got the final upgrade in the research tree and it activates so often that a full normal clear is pretty much free. Haven't tried masks yet.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2020-02-22 at 08:35 AM.

With the upcoming changes to mementos I'll feel a lot more free to see what I can push rather than just going for quest objectives.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2020-02-22 at 08:11 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Not gonna lie, the jump from 4 masks to 5 is the real killer. I'll start saving a lot more vessels to practice. One tiny fuck up and your sanity is gone. I feel too like affliction is somewhat superior on bosses that required a lot of movement, since destruction can't really do anything once you're forced to avoid certain abilities.

Did full Org with Lucid Dreams as Destro, surprinsingly easy. Haven't played any other spec since Legion