Poll: What is your preferred gearing system?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Going to a website known for its hatred if wow is probably not the best place to go. Especially when most people here do t even play the game and are proud to tell you.
    Yeah it's looking like the results are heavily skewed. The people happy with the later gear systems are likely just playing instead of reading forums.

It's pretty clear what we'd prefer. The one that lets us get BiS, and stop playing. Or at least start on another toon.

I really don't mind the extras on items, but I want a way of earning those extras. And I mean a reasonable way, not some immense fucking grind.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Huh?
    The reason as far as I know wasn't that "BiS list feels like work", it's that once you had your gear, you were done. No reason to play that character now, no reason to go back into the raid.

And Blizzard wanted people to have a reason to go back into the raid. Which honestly isn't a bad thing, and I could only guess that their reason for trying to shake that up was seeing how many people were just dropping after they got their gear for that difficulty setting.

Personally, I would agree with this-

Sockets shouldn't be a random chance, at all. It causes far too much of a power swing which was the underlying issue of Warforging/Titanforging, because it screwed up the entire balance of that when a socket itself was worth 10-15 item levels. If they want to add a cap to titanforging, fine.

But to me, the issue was always sockets being a random chance.
    Yes, and realistically speaking, gems should come with ilvl, there's no reason stats on gear increase ilvl but gems don't.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Static gear......And with an option to reforge.
    Dynamic gear with reforging.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Prandy View Post
    I'm interested to see what kind of gearing is most popular at the moment. Considering the increasing systems and layers of RNG on gearing now, do people enjoy this, or were the "good ol' days" the best?

Personally I've disliked the addition of so much RNG on loot, it feels too much like Diablo for my tastes now. I miss BiS lists, and I feel it's ok for you to hit a gear ceiling for a bit until the next round of content comes out.

However, it's all subjective so let's see what the community thinks.
    Reversed RNG system, where RNG isn't punishment - it's bonus. Something like WOD token system, where you could get guaranteed upgrade after 2 days of apexis farming, but rares could also drop upgrades for you at any moment.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Absolutely no surprise from the results - More than twice as many people prefer static than all other options combined.

Wotlk or ToT style of rng I prefer.
    Wotlk - Do the hardest content and get the best gear without any Tf or it giving another stat etc
    ToT - get a piece or the possibility of a slightly better piece with doing heroic and getting better than normal gear or normal thunder forge gear without the Item levels not being to high of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Static....I play the game to play the game, not to play the game over and over to hope and see if I get a slightly piece of better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Huh?
    The reason as far as I know wasn't that "BiS list feels like work", it's that once you had your gear, you were done. No reason to play that character now, no reason to go back into the raid.
    That’s what I meant I was sarcastic. “It feels like work” is what people defending excessive RNG say, that you’re doing an activity and get your known reward right after. No “thrill”.

Static + a badge system so you can both aim for gear drop and if met with really bad luck, still be able to progress on various parts of your gear. If anything was to give more item levels to an item, it would be specific encounter feats that would unlock in a chance for a slightly higher item level version of the armor/weapon/etc to drop.

I prefer vanilla - cata gear rng. It was much more simple and straightforward. You gained small amount of power with better gear and that's what makes the game engaging Nowadays with these bfa gears, it just gives out too much power inflation with these wonky effects. It is another way for Blizzard to keep players grinding the content, I guess.

I prefer good old days when bis item was bis until next patch and you didn't need to sim everything, you knew x trinket was best for your spec etc.

I don't mind extra power unlocks that everyone can achieve semi-reliably (like tier sets, major glyphs, legion artifact powers). I'm definitely not amused by systems like "you didn't roll rank 3 best corruption, leggo pyro bracers or max titanforged arcano crystal, say goodbye to top parses".

Current system is bad because player unlucky with corruption has 0 chance to do top dps.

Also corruption is very anti-climactic because you know how everyone was hyped about special Nzoth weapons? And now we know these aren't even best corruptions, best ones are the ones that can roll randomly on random items, like the twilight stars w/e the name.

Fine with any of them really. Im ok with corruption as a feature, just not the biggest fan of the systems in place to offset it, and how much of a boost it can give passively.

What other players have doesnt bother me.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shit was so much better when RNG was tied to wether or not you would get your BiS slots, and what you'd get otherwise would be good enough. So fucking tired of insane power boosts being handed out randomly in a lottery where some effects are powerful enough to affect who gets to raid and who has to sit out based purely on fucking luck. Legendaries in Legion, then Traits, now corruption. Two fuck ups in the same expansion, during which they so profoundly wanted to sell the narrative that they had learned from their mistakes after the first one.

Don't get me wrong, the corruption effects themselves are cool and can be quite interesting to play around with. The aquisition however can go fuck itself.

And it's mind blowing really. In Legion they finally started to understand and eventually made legendaries earnable through choice. Then they doubled down on the RNG with traits, had a lot of shit thrown at them and had to adjust it massively, then they fucking do it again with corruption..

Would be so much more interesting if one could have X amount of effects total, pick the ones one wants and then mix and match what works the best for oneself and try to find the sweet spot between positive and negative effects for different encounters. Maybe add some power-up system to earn tier 2 and 3 ranks through certain activities. But no, have to have that fucking RNG don't we.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Fine with any of them really. Im ok with corruption as a feature, just not the biggest fan of the systems in place to offset it, and how much of a boost it can give passively.

What other players have doesnt bother me.
    I take it you haven't had to compete for raid spots in a group where pretty much everyone performs at an equal level. Many guilds atm are literally handing out raid spots based on luck with drops. And one can't blame them, this is once again Blizzard managing to profoundly fuck up something that could have been pretty neat.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2020-02-13 at 12:02 AM.

Absolutely no RNG whatsoever in drops like the old days.

I would even add guarenteed luck protection (drop/vendor/crafting/whatever) for people who are super unlucky on top of that.

Oh and give reforging back as well.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2020-02-13 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I take it you haven't had to compete for raid spots in a group where pretty much everyone performs at an equal level. Many guilds atm are literally handing out raid spots based on luck with drops. And one can't blame them, this is once again Blizzard managing to profoundly fuck up something that could have been pretty neat.
    I haven't. I wouldn't subject myself to that, and would much rather be in a guild where we progress as a group rather than some PUG variant....but to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dynamic gear with reforging.
    No thank you.

I need a static BiS list, so I know what to aim for.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Badge babies and kids that haven't played since wotlk selecting badges and static drops? no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koniwej View Post
    Badge babies and kids that haven't played since wotlk selecting badges and static drops? no way.
    "kids that haven't played since wotlk" yea, damn those kids that are at least (realistically way older) 17-18 years by now. You tell 'em feb2020 sockpuppet account! Go for the kill!
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Static.

Playing classic WoW recently taught me not only that loot was static but it was rare as fuck. I like that stuff WoW seems to be going into Diablo territory with their loot system just throwing loot at your from everything,which is fine, I like that but not in Warcraft. Keept hat in Diablo.

Now I aint saying I preferred classic's loot system although I do compared to how it is currently, but the TBC and WotLK loot rate was far better.