Poll: What is your preferred gearing system?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Either static Ilvl or titanforging. Corruption can fuckityfuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Either static Ilvl or titanforging. Corruption can fuckityfuck right off.
    One of my alts that I never intended to do any of the cloak, etc. stuff on just got a nice new wand - with the Corruption 66 version of Twisted Appendage on it. So, it's useless unless I run through the quests far enough to cleanse the thing. Meanwhile, my main, who might at some point have use for such a thing, still has no corrupted pieces aside from the wrists you gets as a quest reward.

Im all for having no RNG except if the item dropped or not.

I'm at a point now where, quite honestly, I don't know what items are good for me or not anymore. My stat priorities shift wildly based on the content I'm currently doing, what Talents I have, what Azerite traits I've got and so on. On top of that there's corruption which completely throws off all the calculations. To the point where last night I was asked if I needed some gloves I won and I just didn't have a clue if they were any good for me or not, or if I may need them later on down the line to balance out corrupted gear.

Then there are all the sources of gear in the game. I could potentially get a blue from a WQ that blows my current items away. I could get something in my M+ Cache that is orders of magnitude worse than my current gear.

That leaves me in a place where I don't know what content I should be doing to get gear upgrades, and can't recognise them when they come along.

That's a dangerous state for the game to be in. If players are confused about what items are good for them and where the best place to get gear from is they're going to leave.

There are too many systems currently layered on top of gearing. It needs to be stripped back to basics, both in terms of the items you acquire and the content you complete for them.

I hope they reduce the gear income drastically in SL and make it static itemlevel gear again.

WF/TF and corruption just feels like a must to negate the tons of gear you get thrown at you.

I mean, there needs to be a pacing and so on on how far you get at and with what time, just giving out static itemlevel with the design right now would also suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Reforging was probably one of the best things about MoP.
    Reforging isn't needed now though for the most part as the items that drop SHOULD be useable by you always it was more a way to reallocate poor stat/spirit etc items.

If anything blizz needs to rethink stat allocation on a class spec level since all loot is now personal this is the easiest way to alleviate outside site reforging requirements which is why they removed in the first place, the main issue with this however is stat weights change.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

I'm at a point now where, quite honestly, I don't know what items are good for me or not anymore. My stat priorities shift wildly based on the content I'm currently doing, what Talents I have, what Azerite traits I've got and so on. On top of that there's corruption which completely throws off all the calculations. To the point where last night I was asked if I needed some gloves I won and I just didn't have a clue if they were any good for me or not, or if I may need them later on down the line to balance out corrupted gear.

Then there are all the sources of gear in the game. I could potentially get a blue from a WQ that blows my current items away. I could get something in my M+ Cache that is orders of magnitude worse than my current gear.

That leaves me in a place where I don't know what content I should be doing to get gear upgrades, and can't recognise them when they come along.

That's a dangerous state for the game to be in. If players are confused about what items are good for them and where the best place to get gear from is they're going to leave.

There are too many systems currently layered on top of gearing. It needs to be stripped back to basics, both in terms of the items you acquire and the content you complete for them.
    in a nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Titanforging like before but cap it to mythic raid level. So basically mythic raid and m15 is guaranteed max iLvl loot. Anything lower can TF up to that level. Sockets etc. should come from professions or some other mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

This is an excellent summary.

I like the good 'ol loot tables style, where there is a set list of items to get without any additional randomizing. Playing through Conan Exiles atm and it works like that for its Legendaries. Sword of Crom drops, it's what it's supposed to be, not what luck draws out. Quite infuriating to get a desired artifact, then finding out it has stats in all the wrong places.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?