Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Demon's Bite the main spell = BORING

    I haven't touched my DH in like a year, she was i350. So played her this weekended for a bit, got her the cloak and to i430. Ran a few lower key M+ 5 and 7, was top dps in the +5, but I realized why I parked my Demon Hunter, it just feels so tedious and pretty boring and bland to play.

    The easy non boss rotation is basically Immolation Aura + Demon's Bites + Eye Beam, then the two main stays of Blades Dance and Chaos Strike, but Demon's Bite seems to be the one I am using the most to keep Fury generated. I haven't documented it, but of all the spells I use, I am sure Demon's Bite is used the most hands down by a big margin, in a dungeon run.

    Playing this, just feels sort of lame, and boring always using DB, and doesn't feel fun. It's not bad, but feels cold and boring. Hoping in Shadowlands they can change it up a bit.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-02-12 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #2
    You haven't touched your DH in a year, but you want it changed for the people who enjoy it and have played it for 3 years straight.

    See this? This is why we can't have nice things. People that don't even play the class wanting it changed so that its more fun to play. This is why your warrior doesn't have stances, your warlock has combo points, your boomkin's dots suck, your WW monk has to play some dumb combo mini game, etc.

    The people that actually played the class LOVED all of these things and thats why they stuck with it for in some cases, over a decade. Then, people like OP arrive "this is boring, CHANGE IT!!!1" and do they stick around to see the result? Nah, they go straight back to their main and let the people who played, in this case DH, despair.

    Straight cancer

    There are 36 or 37 specs in this game. Find one you enjoy. If you can't, quit. Simple as. DH is one of the most played classes in the game, i think its like, third on the list. Changing it for that massive amount of players, so that you can have your alt be slightly more suited to you, is madness.

  3. #3
    I played my DH this expansion(and it was not that bad, especially in M+). But I also don't like Demon's Bite as OP. It doesn't feel as fluent as it was in Legion without it(at least for ST).

  4. #4
    An easy fix for me, would be having Demon's Bite generate more Fury on each hit. Simple as that. I like everything else about Havoc, just not always needing to babysit my Fury generation, and having to constantly use Demon's Bite a million times in a dungeon run.

    The Demon Hunter class is easy to pick up and play well and do good DPS, it's fun with the gliding and rush, and is a unique and cool class. I just don't like being married to the Demon's Bite spell 24/7.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You haven't touched your DH in a year, but you want it changed for the people who enjoy it and have played it for 3 years straight.

    See this? This is why we can't have nice things. People that don't even play the class wanting it changed so that its more fun to play. This is why your warrior doesn't have stances, your warlock has combo points, your boomkin's dots suck, your WW monk has to play some dumb combo mini game, etc.

    The people that actually played the class LOVED all of these things and thats why they stuck with it for in some cases, over a decade. Then, people like OP arrive "this is boring, CHANGE IT!!!1" and do they stick around to see the result? Nah, they go straight back to their main and let the people who played, in this case DH, despair.

    Straight cancer

    There are 36 or 37 specs in this game. Find one you enjoy. If you can't, quit. Simple as. DH is one of the most played classes in the game, i think its like, third on the list. Changing it for that massive amount of players, so that you can have your alt be slightly more suited to you, is madness.
    While I do think spamming Demon's Bite is a little tedious that is why there is the Demon Blades talent...and that is why there were alternatives when Enhancement had a very similar mechanic

    Some people don't seem to realize that not ever spec is for them...and it shouldn't be...people enjoy different things.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    An easy fix for me, would be having Demon's Bite generate more Fury on each hit.
    There's a talent for just that.

  7. #7
    i mean , it wouldn't hurt to make a talent that make demon's bite something more than just small damage+ ressource generation.

    adding a proc to it via a talent wouldn't hurt much to current DH player me think .

  8. #8
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    21,238
    Complaining about using Demon's Bite too much means you aren't playing the build properly. DA+IA means you should be strategically collecting orbs when you need resource and you should spend far less time smashing the generator key. And like other's have said, if you don't like it then just play FB-DB and never touch it again. It sims/parses about 2k less and lower, but if you care more about fun then go for it.

    I started this tier still playing FB because I built my gear around it and managed to have it doing the same damage as DA because of my specific az traits and stat balances. Corruption pushed me back into DA, but I still play FB in the world and PvP.

    They also added the ability to track DPS orbs for DA (after like a million years). There are weak auras out there that can show how many orbs you've generated so you know when to move if you can't see them well.
    BAD WOLF

  9. #9
    Sinister Strike? Crusader Strike? Mortal Strike? I'd name them all but that'd just flood the reply section, the point is it's literally the exact same thing that almost every other dps class has. But anyway, if you're using Demon's Bite more than Chaos Strike - you're either playing it REALLY wrong or you're playing a weird build with bad azerite traits. Hard to narrow down which of the two it is as I'm not gonna try to figure out which character is yours but I'd suggest doing some more research or if you really can't handle DB for some reason, pick the Demon Blades build because it seems perfect for you.

  10. #10
    Going the Demon Blades route, means also picking Felblade talent, those go hand in hand. I haven't played my DH like that since Legion, suppose I'll could try it out tonight.

    I always thought the concept of Felblade was super awesome, sort of like Charge on the Warrior, but I wish it had a shorter cool down, or like 2 charges.

    And when in M+ Dungeon runs, yeah maybe Demon's Bite isn't the most used spell, of course Eye Beam, Blades Dance, and Chaos Strike are way up there too, specifically BD and CS are used a ton. But I'm always having to hit Demon's Bite often to have enough Fury to use CS.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You haven't touched your DH in a year, but you want it changed for the people who enjoy it and have played it for 3 years straight.

    See this? This is why we can't have nice things. People that don't even play the class wanting it changed so that its more fun to play. This is why your warrior doesn't have stances, your warlock has combo points, your boomkin's dots suck, your WW monk has to play some dumb combo mini game, etc.

    The people that actually played the class LOVED all of these things and thats why they stuck with it for in some cases, over a decade. Then, people like OP arrive "this is boring, CHANGE IT!!!1" and do they stick around to see the result? Nah, they go straight back to their main and let the people who played, in this case DH, despair.

    Straight cancer

    There are 36 or 37 specs in this game. Find one you enjoy. If you can't, quit. Simple as. DH is one of the most played classes in the game, i think its like, third on the list. Changing it for that massive amount of players, so that you can have your alt be slightly more suited to you, is madness.
    Madness? THIS! IS! MMO CHAMP!

  12. #12
    Tried the Felblade + Demon Blades route with new Azerite traits last night, ran a Mythic dungeon. And, it felt ok, I do love Felblade, being able to jump onto a target from far away, but wish it had a further range, and maybe 2 charges.

    But one thing I noticed, with this build, I don't seem to self heal as much? I thought Eye Beam and stuff used to heal me more in the other standard build? Pus I still had some slight waiting issues on Fury to regen, not a lot, but a bit. Like I'd start off with Felblade, then Eye Beam, then Blades Dance, and sometimes I wouldn't have enough Fury to pop Chaos Strike right away, would be like a half second or one second wait for the energy to go up again.

    And Eye Beam doesn't seem to be ready fast enough after using it on this FB + DB build. I thought the main build that you can eat up soul fragments to allow Eye Beam to cool down faster? I do wish Eye Beam could have a shorter cool down, and be ready to use again faster.

  13. #13
    Doesn't every class have a spell or ability they use all the time? You always have to build up some resource to use the more powerful ability so there has to be a way to do it.

    Currently if you are using demon's bite too much then you are playing the class wrong.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    And Eye Beam doesn't seem to be ready fast enough after using it on this FB + DB build. I thought the main build that you can eat up soul fragments to allow Eye Beam to cool down faster? I do wish Eye Beam could have a shorter cool down, and be ready to use again faster.
    That doesn't happen unless you have the Eyes of Rage trait.

  15. #15
    I hate demon bite too and thats why I run with demon blades. I dont care that it sims 500 dps less. Its much comfier to play this way

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I hate demon bite too and thats why I run with demon blades. I dont care that it sims 500 dps less. Its much comfier to play this way
    Do you then run Felblade as well with your build?

  17. #17
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Sinister Strike? Crusader Strike? Mortal Strike? I'd name them all but that'd just flood the reply section, the point is it's literally the exact same thing that almost every other dps class has. But anyway, if you're using Demon's Bite more than Chaos Strike - you're either playing it REALLY wrong or you're playing a weird build with bad azerite traits. Hard to narrow down which of the two it is as I'm not gonna try to figure out which character is yours but I'd suggest doing some more research or if you really can't handle DB for some reason, pick the Demon Blades build because it seems perfect for you.
    Not really no. Crusader Strike is the closest out of those 3. Realistically, the closest would be Devastate from Prot Warrior - Basically a boring, spammy filler you spam to get to your better, more interesting buttons.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  18. #18
    When I play mine I wish Demon's Blade was baseline and Demon's Bite was talentable instead, but that's just my opinion on it. Then again I like having Felblade too so I'm weird.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Do you then run Felblade as well with your build?
    Yes. Felblade is fun too

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    21,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Tried the Felblade + Demon Blades route with new Azerite traits last night, ran a Mythic dungeon. And, it felt ok, I do love Felblade, being able to jump onto a target from far away, but wish it had a further range, and maybe 2 charges.
    Felblade often resets it cooldown from demon blade procs and it's primary use in this build is actually to deal damage, not provide utility. I know it wouldn't seem that way from the ranged component, but that's how it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    TBut one thing I noticed, with this build, I don't seem to self heal as much? I thought Eye Beam and stuff used to heal me more in the other standard build?
    The self heal comes from picking up orbs and Felblade isn't a build centered on generating orbs. Demonic Appetite specifically creates more orbs through using Demon's Bite. Eyebeam itself doesn't heal you passively, but activating Meta increases leech which is why you 'feel' eyebeam healed you more. The other build uses more eyebeams via Eyes of Rage azerite, therefore more time in Meta = more time with increased leech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    TAnd Eye Beam doesn't seem to be ready fast enough after using it on this FB + DB build. I thought the main build that you can eat up soul fragments to allow Eye Beam to cool down faster? I do wish Eye Beam could have a shorter cool down, and be ready to use again faster.
    Felblades requires taking the double glaive throw talent as a filler spell when you get unlucky with procs from Demon's Bite. If you are so unlucky as to have no glaives, no rage for a real ability, and you're just sitting there waiting for resource...then you fill with Fel Rush unless it would kill you or you don't know how to use it while staying in melee range the whole time.

    To be honest, Felblades has a higher skill ceiling but is easier to understand at the basic level b/c you just smash abilities when you have them. Demonic Appetite seems a little weird at first, but in actual play has a lower skill ceiling because you naturally pick up orbs and constantly have resource from normal fight mechanics. The fact that DA creates almost no downtime and a higher Meta window is the only reason it is performing so well at this stage of gear progression. Felblades is perfectly competitive if azerite traits were slightly different.

    As an example, if I run 3x Furious Gaze and 3x Chaotic Transformation, Felblades closes the gap pretty strong at specific stat thresholds. At the very beginning of this tier I had that setup just because of the gear I had and the passive autoattack damage from CT was sometimes my #1 ability which was hilarious. All it took was getting one new piece and a different corruption and boom, right back to FB simming 2-3k lower so I had to switch back to DA for competitive raiding.

    In the end though, play how you want to play, but just know that there's really only 3 functional builds in PvE which is Eye Beam + Infernal Armor, DA + Infernal, Felblades+Demons Bite. Any other combo is not only wonky, but incredibly low dps in comparison. You want to aim for 3x Furious Gaze + any 1x of the other az traits. Just sim to get your highest performing traits with your gear, but typically you won't be stacking anything other than FG.

    Edit: Hopefully this is helpful, but the guide on Wowhead is written by the DH Discord owner, Kib, so it's information is 100% accurate and vetted. The discord is also incredibly helpful. As a side note, DH is one of those classes that everyone not playing one says it's faceroll or the easiest DPS, yet I find it's very easy to outdamage every single DH out there with that opinion. Most casual DH players don't understand the concepts of pooling resource, priority rotation vs. hit it when it's lit up, etc. DH is actually one of the better designed classes IMO. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2020-02-14 at 03:31 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •