Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I haven't touched my DH in like a year, she was i350. So played her this weekended for a bit, got her the cloak and to i430. Ran a few lower key M+ 5 and 7, was top dps in the +5, but I realized why I parked my Demon Hunter, it just feels so tedious and pretty boring and bland to play.

The easy non boss rotation is basically Immolation Aura + Demon's Bites + Eye Beam, then the two main stays of Blades Dance and Chaos Strike, but Demon's Bite seems to be the one I am using the most to keep Fury generated. I haven't documented it, but of all the spells I use, I am sure Demon's Bite is used the most hands down by a big margin, in a dungeon run.

Playing this, just feels sort of lame, and boring always using DB, and doesn't feel fun. It's not bad, but feels cold and boring. Hoping in Shadowlands they can change it up a bit.
    I am going to guess you're running with Blind fury. This is the one that makes you have to use Demon's Bite soooo much. Immo Aura with Demonic Appetite is far more smooth, it plays similar to the felblade/DB but you have more control of generation limiting down time and it comes with built in healing. Pair these traits with Eyes or Rage trait and you get more eye beams so more meta. I personally hate bite as well but this build feels better than any other when you get used to it.

Thank you for the long and detailed explanation think I'll play around with these two different builds again this weekend.

Going back to the Felblade build which Azerite traits are best for dungeon runs?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the long and detailed explanation think I'll play around with these two different builds again this weekend.

Going back to the Felblade build which Azerite traits are best for dungeon runs?
    3x Furious Gaze, 1x Revolving Blades, 1x Chaotic Transformation, 1x Thirsting Blades or Swirling Sands or Heart of Darkness (if you have corruptions), etc.

Basically that last one is whatever is best on your gear. If you don't have Revolving Blades or CT, you do the same thing. Pick the best one you have.

2 Important things with these traits and playing FB/DB

1 - Chaotic transformation means when you meta it instantly resets the cooldown of Blade Dance/Death Sweep and Eyebeam. This means your opening rotation and the build up for when you get a 2nd meta (on long fights) is like this:
    Eyebeam
    Azerite Power if it's buffed by haste (like rock boi)
    Death Sweep
    Metapmorphosis
    Death Sweep
    Eyebeam

*this maximizes your time in the demonic window increasing your overall dps*

2- In both FB/DB and DA/IA you will need to pool resource before using Eyebeam. You want enough resource to guarantee 2 death sweeps and 1 Annihilation. Typically this means pooling to at least 80 fury before using eyebeam and unless you're really unlucky you should be able to get in:
    Death Sweep
    Annihilation
    Death Sweep
    If < 50ish fury - Felblade
    If > 50ish fury - Annihilation
    Death Sweep

*note: with DA/IA you typically have enough orbs to regen fury without needing to pool resource and you just run through them instead....this is one of the examples why this build does more damage because it has higher APM.*
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2020-02-15 at 12:33 AM.
    BAD WOLF

You are quick to reply and complain, and putting limited sample size into your evaluation of these builds and talents. To call something boring that is the basis of almost every generate and spend class is laughable, considering that is majority of the classes in the game. And the ones that aren't, are not far off from fel blade. DH is already one of the most mindless classes when it comes to rotation and dps. Granted an okay DH and a great DH have a lot of differences in how they play.

I think you are misunderstanding the class, and not playing at a level that is meaningful for your testing. In general, Chaos Strike / Annihilation should be your highest press, and blade dance almost if not equal to demons bite. Yes, you will have to use your generator when you are dry, but again, basis of most class design. Adding more generation to an ability that does less damage so you could press the other ability that does more isn't going to make it less boring, just "feel" better cause the meters look better. 430 ilvl is fine, but BiS trait setup, playing the proper spec, trinkets, corruption and proper stat itemization will change 100% how all of it feels.

Sorry if you think I am being harsh, but you basically look at the outside of the spec, did limited research and or testing, and came in here dismissing something you didn't understand.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ran/dingohuntr

So I've settled into Blind Fury + Immolation Aura build, and it feels real good in Mythic+

Not sure why people call the Demon Hunter class a "2 button dumb class" ? it's not two buttons, there's like 5 main spells you cast a lot, Imm Aura X1, then Demon's Bite X1, Eye Beams X1, then the big Blades Dance X1, and Chaos Strike X3. And of course Meta on boss fights.

At the bare minim Havoc is 4 spell class, Eye Beam, Blades Dance, Chaos Strike, and Demon's Bite to generate more Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You haven't touched your DH in a year, but you want it changed for the people who enjoy it and have played it for 3 years straight.

See this? This is why we can't have nice things. People that don't even play the class wanting it changed so that its more fun to play. This is why your warrior doesn't have stances, your warlock has combo points, your boomkin's dots suck, your WW monk has to play some dumb combo mini game, etc.

The people that actually played the class LOVED all of these things and thats why they stuck with it for in some cases, over a decade. Then, people like OP arrive "this is boring, CHANGE IT!!!1" and do they stick around to see the result? Nah, they go straight back to their main and let the people who played, in this case DH, despair.

Straight cancer

There are 36 or 37 specs in this game. Find one you enjoy. If you can't, quit. Simple as. DH is one of the most played classes in the game, i think its like, third on the list. Changing it for that massive amount of players, so that you can have your alt be slightly more suited to you, is madness.
    I don't play a Demon Hunter and I won't comment on DH design. I just wanted to say, I've played a Rogue since 2005 and I see the exact same problems on the Rogue forums where it has become infested with people who have no real investment in the class or spec (maybe it's their 4th alt or something) proposing all kinds of zany and radical changes and I just want to reach through the internet and slap some sense into them. That is someone else's character that they have been playing for 15 years and you are proposing a complete redesign so that you'll like your 4th alt a little better. It's disgusting.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

So I've settled into Blind Fury + Immolation Aura build, and it feels real good in Mythic+

Not sure why people call the Demon Hunter class a "2 button dumb class" ? it's not two buttons, there's like 5 main spells you cast a lot, Imm Aura X1, then Demon's Bite X1, Eye Beams X1, then the big Blades Dance X1, and Chaos Strike X3. And of course Meta on boss fights.

At the bare minim Havoc is 4 spell class, Eye Beam, Blades Dance, Chaos Strike, and Demon's Bite to generate more Fury.
    People are just upset that Havoc hasn't received any nerfs OR buffs the entire expansion, because they are the pillar of balance. I just argued with someone over this, that there are no actual difficult classes to play in this game and their only argument was "dh 2 button class huuurrrr."

what i dont get is, rockbitter used to work just like demons bite (no cd, small dmg, generates resources on use), and it got changed to be more similar to crusader strike/boulderfist talent (2 charges with a CD) because it wasnt fun to mash a button while other abilties were on downtime, wonder why blizzard didnt do the same with demons bite

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ....wonder why blizzard didnt do the same with demons bite
    They kind of did but it's Vengeance only and called Fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    They kind of did but it's Vengeance only and called Fracture.
    true, but fracture is a talent, not baseline like rockbitter and CS

The term “2 button spec” has just become a synonym for specs with a very forgiving gameplay. The number of buttons don’t matter much anymore. It is not the number of buttons that determine the challenge of a spec. This is now more based on how much you are punished if you press your buttons in a wrong order and how much you have to manage while doing your “rotation”. Compared to some other specs in the game, the Havoc DH got a very forgiving priority of spells and very minimum management. Not that for example the Warrior specs are much harder but on the other hand these specs don’t have the same amount of self-sustain as the Havoc DH.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-02-28 at 09:05 AM.

Rockbiter was a talent too, then it went baseline.

I agree Demon's Bite would be much better given charges and a cooldown for the exact same reason as with Enhance Shamans. The ability could be tuned to be more powerful per use once it's limited, so pushing the button would feel better as it isn't just something you hit at lowest priority to generate resources. And it should be baseline, not a talent.

Every single class in the game has a button they press when there's nothing else to do, Demon's Bite is just the DH version.

Fire Mages outside of Combust literally do nothing but Flamestrike on AoE and Fireball on single target.

Ele Shamans spam Lightning Bolt waiting for Lava Burst procs.

Sin Rogues spam Mutilate for combo points.

Survival Hunters spam Kill Command for energy.

I'll stop now cause I think you get it, but yeah, every single class has something they press a lot over the course of a dungeon, that's literally how the entire game is designed. Every class has one button that does something they need to do a lot, then they can press other buttons either on CD, or when they have the resources they need (in this case Fury) to use them. It hasn't changed since vanilla so I highly doubt it will change in Shadowlands.

Survival Hunters spam Kill Command. This is just to help the inexperienced