Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    why would you guys say Twilight's Citadel when that's a dreadful past of the Wildhammers? That's like saying the Alliance Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Demon Hunters would set up covens in Felwood and claim the area as their own
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    These characters actually makes sense. When void elves came around, I had idea of some "ren'dorei propaganda" going on in Silvermoon. Players actually could find gathering of elves on some remote places of Silvermoon or perhaps Eversong as well. You know, there are many corners in Silvermoon, many barren houses, etc. When a horde player approach these elves, he would hear little from their conversation and then when he is noticed, the crowd disperses.

At the same time, I would like to see some ren'dorei gatherings in Alliance cities. You know, Slaughtered Lamb is a place of open-minded people with similar beliefs... Unfurtunately, the only thing we got is a priest advising us to get away from Stormwind Cathedral...
    I imagined an update to their speech in Silvermoon. Now as void elves, they preach their ideals to the crowd, urging people to break their chains to the Sunwell. Magisters call for help, but this time Ennas and Lyria stun them and escape via void portal, saying a final "Those who want freedom from your bindings, seek us out" before vanishing.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I imagined an update to their speech in Silvermoon. Now as void elves, they preach their ideals to the crowd, urging people to break their chains to the Sunwell. Magisters call for help, but this time Ennas and Lyria stun them and escape via void portal, saying a final "Those who want freedom from your bindings, seek us out" before vanishing.
    Embracing the void is overkill though, that stuff is incredibly dangerous, I really can't see many ordinary people embracing it. Void elves preying on the downtrodden and desperate to get them into their ranks would make sense, or those who seek power above anything else. Everyone else should refuse them outright, after all you don't need to embrace the most corrupting power in the known universe to seek "freedom"

Selling the void as freedom wouldn't really work, it is even more binding than a mere well of power, since it has a will on its own trying to get you to do its bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    why would you guys say Twilight's Citadel when that's a dreadful past of the Wildhammers? That's like saying the Alliance Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Demon Hunters would set up covens in Felwood and claim the area as their own
    If you control something, it can't harm you. So, basicly, void elves (and thus Alliance) taking over Bastion of Twilight means the threat of it for Wildhammers will diminish. It would be bad for dragonmaw clan, but I'm not sure if they still exists post MoP/WoD.

The Ren'dorei should carve a shadowy city within Telogrus Rift. The city would serve both as a research centre and a refuge for all those who seek to study the Void. Something along these lines:

Only then can they start making plans about retaking Quel'thalas.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

If you control something, it can't harm you. So, basicly, void elves (and thus Alliance) taking over Bastion of Twilight means the threat of it for Wildhammers will diminish. It would be bad for dragonmaw clan, but I'm not sure if they still exists post MoP/WoD.
    It would still irradiate the area, just by being used. Something the Wildhammers might not want to see. The void elves should just build something in Teleogros rift, where they can play around as much as they like, without collateral damage to their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei should carve a shadowy city within Telogrus Rift. The city would serve both as a research centre and a refuge for all those who seek to study the Void. Something along these lines:

Only then can they start making plans about retaking Quel'thalas.
    Hopefully when they get their own city, they'll also get their own racial mounts beyond the Void Chocobo, maybe some nice Caragor expies(shadow of mordor) with some Raven-drakes for flight mounts, nobody knows what they might find on that planet visible from Telogrus, they might not be able to resist the temptation to send an expedition

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Sure it is. You can publish non-canon stories as long as they are not for profit, and you can send Blizzard whatever you want.

-------------------

Anyway, when void elves came around, I posted on the forums some ideas to improve them. Among those, it was to cast a small cast of named characters that converted to void elves. I was going with:
    - Auric Sunchaser (leader of the converted high elves, butts heads with Umbric about safety with dealing with the void)
    - Priest Ennas and Lyria Skystrider: Priest trainers; Exiled by the Magisters. Seek to guide the void elves and recruit more blood elves.
    - Summoner Nolric: Warlock trainer; converted to study the void.
    - Theloria Shadecloak: Rogue trainer. Leader of the Ghostblades.
    - Taela Everstride: Hunter trainer. Leader of the Umbral Rangers.
    - Kriss Goldenlight: Monk trainer. Still a high elf.
    - Ros'eleth: Supporter, still a High elf.

Still need a warrior trainer, thought...
    Steve Danuser confirmed on twitter that they don't take unsolicited stories but we can indeed write whatever we want !

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    they were at least used somewhat well, just not specifically for much that gives insight into more about them specifically rather than learning more about the Void itself and how it can be controlled and its uses.

I do love the trope of when 'dark is not evil' tho so I do hope Void Elves actually do get more development in that front. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../DarkIsNotEvil
    one thing I want for the Void Elves is that they take in some former Dire Orcs and Drak'thul and other Twilight surrenderees and teach them to use their void powers for good and teach them to resist the void's whispers for wanton destruction and heralding of doom as a slight background flavor
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    one thing I want for the Void Elves is that they take in some former Dire Orcs and Drak'thul and other Twilight surrenderees and teach them to use their void powers for good and teach them to resist the void's whispers for wanton destruction and heralding of doom as a slight background flavor
    Why should void elves care about orcs? Given they didn't really feel right in the Horde (when they used to be blood elves), and that there are most likely new void elves of high elf origin comming soon, they would not have really great relations with orcs. Some elves still remember that orcish horde burned Quel'thalas during Second War.

If I would choose some races which should have some interaction with void elves, it would be:

- Ethereals. It is quite possible that some ethereals would appear in Telogrus by now. I believe we will meet more ethereals like Locus Walker in the future.
    - Night elves. All elven groups have quite complicated relations. While kal'dorei are generaly considered non acceptant of other elven groups, they showed great progress. Since the whole Night Warrior ritual seems pretty voidy, I find it natural that some void elves would like to find out more about it. Night elves would appreciate every helping hand in their fight against the Horde in Kalimdor, so I see they would allow cooperation with ren'dorei.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why should void elves care about orcs? Given they didn't really feel right in the Horde (when they used to be blood elves), and that there are most likely new void elves of high elf origin comming soon, they would not have really great relations with orcs. Some elves still remember that orcish horde burned Quel'thalas during Second War.
    not just orcs, basically anyone leaving Twilight's Hammer and Garrosh's Kor'kron

I believe most of you already seen work of Handclaw, an artist who made heritage armors for all race/class combos.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aR6a4X

here is link to his take on void elves. I think he made excellent work. I only wish Blizzard will be inspired by this at some point in the future.

Yeah, Handclaw's really great with his designs. I know coding them ingame would be really hard, but I'd love for Blizzard to steal some of his ideas, especially for the VE. That hunter armor <3

Bump but I can't remember... wasn't there more Void Elf stuff being created at some point ? like, weapons I think ? I can't seem to find it now but I'm almost certain I saw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Bump but I can't remember... wasn't there more Void Elf stuff being created at some point ? like, weapons I think ? I can't seem to find it now but I'm almost certain I saw it...
    Yes, there were datamined models of nightborne and void elf weapons.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=279524/...-weapon-models

I guess they planned to include weapon models to the heritage armor sets, but they later scrapped the idea. Maybe once they do heritage armors for all races, they will begin new cycle of heritage weapons for all races. In this way, they have more racial themed content to add over time.

As for me, I experiment with the Void Edge illusion and several thalassian themed weapons, like Golden Staff of Sin'dorei.

Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-06-15 at 03:50 PM.

Void Edge is amazing in that it allows you to use virtually any weapon and it will match the Void Elf heritage armor fairly well.

I'd like to see more "whole weapon" tinting illusions like Void Edge and Wraithchill, but in a broad array of colors. I also would love for such a tinting system to include armor as well to sort of give us a pseudo-dye system. It wouldn't be as good as a true dye system but the tech already exists and I can't really any reason why it couldn't apply to armor as easily as weapons.

If nothing else though, I'd like Blizzard to allow weapon illusions to be applied to bows and guns.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-15 at 10:02 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is Void Elves should be like Worgen, their true form is their Void Elf "form", but have the ability go into a form reflecting their former High Elf/ Blood Elf appearance when outside combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Void Edge is amazing in that it allows you to use virtually any weapon and it will match the Void Elf heritage armor.

I'd like to see more "whole weapon" tinting illusions in like Void Edge and Wraithchill, but in a broad array of colors. I also would love for such a tinting system to include armor as well to sort of give us a pseudo-dye system. It wouldn't be as good as a true dye system but the tech already exists and I can't really any reason why it couldn't apply to armor as easily as weapons.

If nothing else though, I'd like Blizzard to allow weapon illusions to be applied to bows and guns.
    I guess a reason they wouldn't want to do it with armor is that the effect might dilute raid difficulty tints (e.g. getting the raid finder set and slapping an illusion on it and you couldn't tell the difference from the hc set or something like that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I guess a reason they wouldn't want to do it with armor is that the effect might dilute raid difficulty tints (e.g. getting the raid finder set and slapping an illusion on it and you couldn't tell the difference from the hc set or something like that).
    While that could indeed be a reason why they might not implement such for armor, a tint isn't quite the same as a recolor, especially with armor that has glowing bits (which mythic difficulty often has an abundance). You can see with Void Edge and Wraithchill that, with some exceptions, most weapons with an inherent glow will retain that glow's color regardless of the illusion applied. So if the LFR armor had a green glow and mythic+ has a red glow, even with a tint, they aren't going to match, and depending on the base colors of each version even the non glowing parts probably won't match 100%.

Tints would however allow us to get closer to matching and, as you suggested, that might dissuade Blizzard from doing for armor for the precisely the reason you mentioned. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't suggest it/ask for it!

Can Void Edge be bought ? I'm not subbed right now and even then I don't really feel like farming Stormwind's horrific visions...