Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    That's true, so more like hired killer then? BUt then although it's called assassination, i can't imagine Assassins are the only ones suited for that spec. Mercs and bounty hunters? Nah, they fit more the Outlaw spec. Mercs are warriors, Bounty hunters would be outlaw rogues, but then so would MM hunters.
    Those are titles, a Merc or Bounty Hunter can easily be a Mage, a little more "street-wise" but a mage in the end.

In general, Assassin (Spec) is someone who will try to kill you before you get to see them (regardless if they are a hired killer, a bounty hunter or mercenary), an Outlaw Rogue are those that we see in movies and other media where they are agile fighters that fight dirty (Pocket sand, hidden gun, etc...), that's why the spec have a lot of pirates vibe, while Subtlety is more about not being noticed, like spies, you can say that most SI:7 would fit this bill.

But in general, a Void Elf, can be any of those, the same idea of "using the void to mask yourself" work for any of them, Assassins use it to slip through the enemies and poison their food or just make a void shift and teleport behind their target, the Subtlety would use it mostly just to sneak past, create distractions and confuse their enemies while they do what they gotta do (get info, steal stuff, etc...), and finally you got the Outlaw, that would use the void mostly as a dirty trick, obscure the enemy vision, use small "void portals" to summon stuff (like their pistol, when the enemy think they are "unarmed"), or just go full Pirate with it and use the void like how Alleria used it in the battle for Lordaeron, but instead of appearing in the mid of the battlefield, appear in the mid of an enemy ship with your crew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I just had a thought today, would void elves be able to be paladins through a filter similar with Tauren and Zandalari with An'she and Rezan or perhaps even through Elune

Because I for one enjoy the thought of Void Elves embracing various Cosmic motifs such as suns, moons, comets and black holes
    Well we do have Void users in the Old Gods forces that in game work just like Paladins but with purple effects (if i remember correctly, we see them in Deepholm)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    An Astromancer would be cool. Nuke targets with blasts of cosmic energy, call down meteors through wormholes, asteroids, and open Black Holes to do heavy damage to more powerful enemies.
    I think it would be weird if the Void Elves get Astromancer and not NB, i mean... they are the second race that we know that concentrate a lot on astral stuff, the first being the Orcs of Shadowmoon Valley (though i'm not sure if that count as much, as what they though was a star was a Naaru, so yeah, they might not be the best in that area)

An Astromancer would be cool. Nuke targets with blasts of cosmic energy, call down meteors through wormholes, asteroids, and open Black Holes to do heavy damage to more powerful enemies.
    I would think this is cool for night elves, nightborne and void elves. Moon/Stars/deep space

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I would think this is cool for night elves, nightborne and void elves. Moon/Stars/deep space
    Yep! Orcs could do it too, many Mag'har orcs from Draenor were astronomers/astromancers, observed and studied the stars and the cosmos.

This depends if blizzard want to build comanlity between them. They can use the stars to connect night elves with void elves - they also have highborne, blanace druids, Moon priestsess especially Night warriors to synergise with the void elf highborne and arcane heritage - if they want.

Nightborne can have that aspect on the horde, so whiles it is kaldorei, because this is the side of Kaldorei nightborne represent we can have a strong showing on the horde, with Nightborne connecting with mag'har Shadowmoon orcs @Kyphael

Yep! Orcs could do it too, many Mag'har orcs from Draenor were astronomers/astromancers, observed and studied the stars and the cosmos.
    My only major problem with Astromancer as a class concept is that it could come off as a combo of the existing cloth classes if primarily based of Star Augur Etraeus (Ice, Fel, Void) or it could simply be a hero class variant of Mage (Sun/meteors=fire, comets=frost, and stars/moon=arcane) with a few extra spacy abilities

My only major problem with Astromancer as a class concept is that it could come off as a combo of the existing cloth classes if primarily based of Star Augur Etraeus (Ice, Fel, Void) or it could simply be a hero class variant of Mage (Sun/meteors=fire, comets=frost, and stars/moon=arcane) with a few extra spacy abilities
    True. It could then definitely work as a Class Skin if they ever decide to give us those.

I thought fel and void were corruptions because Star augur Etraeus had gone off the walls looking into the stars for cosmic threats, and then fallen in love with them.

I don't think it's the original Star Augur concept, besides and they sort of arcane priest/shaman types Star Augurs? a more spiritual side to the whole thing.. Could be wrong, but usually Augurs are shaman like class, but Star Aguurs coudl be an arcane evolved version since the elves never had shaman really,

I thought fel and void were corruptions because Star augur Etraeus had gone off the walls looking into the stars for cosmic threats, and then fallen in love with them.

I don't think it's the original Star Augur concept, besides and they sort of arcane priest/shaman types Star Augurs? a more spiritual side to the whole thing.. Could be wrong, but usually Augurs are shaman like class, but Star Augurs could be an arcane evolved version since the elves never had shaman really,
    Etraeus strikes me as someone who's more in love with themselves then any outside force
    I mean perhaps he was simply channeling the power associated with the planets his observatory was showing, so perhaps if he had channeled Azeroth's power we could've ended up getting a sneak peek of Azerite

- - - Updated - - -

True. It could then definitely work as a Class Skin if they ever decide to give us those.
    It's probably in the same vein as Druids of Nightmare and Dark Ranger, where it treads similar grounds as an existing class but could be separate depending on what Blizz does with it

Etraeus strikes me as someone who's more in love with themselves then any outside force
    I mean perhaps he was simply channeling the power associated with the planets his observatory was showing, so perhaps if he had channeled Azeroth's power we could've ended up getting a sneak peek of Azerite
    I know the type, pompous, arrogant, so self assured, they only respect power that can beat them, and when they feel they can grasp it to leverage themselves, nothing else matters.. so Etraeus saw the fel worlds and legion and fell in love with the power, then the vastness and magnificence of the void, and it's world ending ambition and and fell in love with the power of each one, determined to give himself into them.

We all agree both night elves and Nightborne are natural fit for Astromancer. Void elves are another great candidate, giving their void nature more depth and it can actually develop Void as a cosmic Force besides traditional Madness, tentacles, 1 houndred eyes/mouths/whatever else tropes
    Void elves using Void as pure cosmic force associated with space definitely fits into their theme of using Void as a weapon while not succumbing to its influence. This alone can actually help some people stomach void elves as Alliance's High elf option.

Astromancer would definitely be mage class skin. Now I wonder if Blizzard will ever introduce them. Community asked for various subraces for years and we got allied races + character customizations on that matter. Class skins seems to be new community request.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    We all agree both night elves and Nightborne are natural fit for Astromancer. Void elves are another great candidate, giving their void nature more depth and it can actually develop Void as a cosmic Force besides traditional Madness, tentacles, 1 houndred eyes/mouths/whatever else tropes
    Void elves using Void as pure cosmic force associated with space definitely fits into their theme of using Void as a weapon while not succumbing to its influence. This alone can actually help some people stomach void elves as Alliance's High elf option.

Astromancer would definitely be mage class skin. Now I wonder if Blizzard will ever introduce them. Community asked for various subraces for years and we got allied races + character customizations on that matter. Class skins seems to be new community request.
    I agree with this. Void elves need a void avenue outside the usual tentacle evil god menace. This is because blizz set precedence with them when they took an intellectual magical approach to it rather than religious.

It opened the void to being a cosmic force with far reaching aspects outside the evil
    Void lords of madness that affect priests.

They also need this so that people stop thinking of the void as a priest or religious only thing.

Void elves show it as a cosmic magical force that can affect everything. At heart it may resonate well with the priest calling. But they should be the evidence that it augments everything and is it’s own power just like the Light can augment warriors, hunters, mages etc

Also the void should be more than the void lords. This should help explain how the elves don’t get mad. Their approach is different and their talent and focus opens up other avenues. As pioneers in wielding this for the mortal races. Except they are a race marked by this. This also has to mean something which I am liking the aesthetics nearly as much as the blood elves now.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-15 at 04:06 PM.

I agree with this. Void elves need a void avenue outside the usual tentacle evil god menace. This is because blizz set precedence with them when they took an intellectual magical approach to it rather than religious.

It opened the void to being a cosmic force with far reaching aspects outside the evil
    Void lords of madness that affect priests.

They also need this so that people stop thinking of the void as a priest or religious only thing.

Void elves show it as a cosmic magical force that can affect everything. At heart it may resonate well with the priest calling. But they should be the evidence that it augments everything and is it’s own power just like the Light can augment warriors, hunters, mages etc

Also the void should be more than the void lords. This should help explain how the elves don’t get mad. Their approach is different and their talent and focus opens up other avenues. As pioneers in wielding this for the mortal races. Except they are a race marked by this. This also has to mean something which I am liking the aesthetics nearly as much as the blood elves now.
    Exactly. Just listen to voice lines void elf NPCs have, they are all about exploring new powers and have quite an academic feel to them.

Universe is full of mystery
    New doorway have opened to us
    Question everything

You don't have any voice line about their internal struggle or anything which would indicate any degree of madness.

Also, look at ren'dorei racial mount. They could easily come with some faceless monster and I'm sure there would be players who would love it. Instead we got a hawkstrider "cursed" by stars (the name is Starcursed Voidstrider) whose plumes reflect the very cosmos. The Astromancer feel is already there, it just needs to be expanded.

What I would really like to see is having similar effect of voidstrider mount introducing to void elf hair colors and perhaps also giving us option to customize Entropic Embrace racial to look more "astral". I think it would be really popular option.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Also, look at ren'dorei racial mount. They could easily come with some faceless monster and I'm sure there would be players who would love it. Instead we got a hawkstrider "cursed" by stars (the name is Starcursed Voidstrider) whose plumes reflect the very cosmos. The Astromancer feel is already there, it just needs to be expanded.
    That's how I always felt the direction of Void Elves should go. They can be a sort of 'space elf'.

I quite like them. They remind me very much of what Blood Elves used to be. I just hope we see more reluctance on their part to slay their brethren still aligned with the Horde moving forward. Equally, I hope Rommath comes to realise what a missed opportunity their research is and/or finds his decision to exile them proven correct by one or two prominent Void Elves going off the deep end.

I know blizzard probably wouldn't do this but I would kind of love it if over patches they slowly built up the void elf camp in their racial zone from the little area it is with all of the tents into a little city for them. Nothing spontaneous and overnight, just like, tents being replaced with small houses, the start of towers and spires being built, abjurers putting up warding and shields around the islands, ect. Maybe 2-3 expansions down the line the city could become finished with the void elves developing their own home and architectural style distinct from the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    I know blizzard probably wouldn't do this but I would kind of love it if over patches they slowly built up the void elf camp in their racial zone from the little area it is with all of the tents into a little city for them. Nothing spontaneous and overnight, just like, tents being replaced with small houses, the start of towers and spires being built, abjurers putting up warding and shields around the islands, ect. Maybe 2-3 expansions down the line the city could become finished with the void elves developing their own home and architectural style distinct from the blood elves.
    I mentioned something like this at the very beginning of this topic:

I'd like to see Telogrus evolve into an actual stronghold rather than just some tents on a floating rock. In fact if we ever have an expansion where we travel to the void to face the void lords, I wouldn't mind seeing the hypothetical Telogrus stronghold mentioned above, be the main Alliance hub for such an expansion like a Ren'Dorei themed Dalaran as it were. I'd also like to see some really well developed Void Elf characters that aren't Umbric and Alleria.

It is so easy to explain how Telogrus Rift could grow from a camp into a city. It is located into the Void, time flows differently in the Void, so maybe 1 year on Azeroth is 100 year on Telogrus. Elves are long-lived, so its not like 100 years would mean much, and so in just one expansion the Ren'dorei could have already developed their base of operations and culture.

As for population numbers (how can void elves fill an entire city?), it really doesnt matter. Theramore was a city despite being inhabited by some refugees from a war-torn kingdom. I am sure void elves, other elf students, and maybe ethereals would be more than enough to form a city.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Gotta a new idea for void elf cusotmisations.

how about they allow you to select your Entropic appearance? -- ?

You can choose anything from a normal void elf apperance (which will work well with the new high elf skins) to a very dark electirc purple, Alleria type.. different versions wouldn't hurt.

1. New void effects - extra eyes, tentacles, back tentacles and other freaky features.
    2. New hair colours - espeically need silver white, raven black, blonde x 2, ginger x1, brown and cosmic.
    3. Hair effects - like the picture I linked here. Cosmic hair effect, turn/off tentacle
    4. Customisable Entropic embrace appearance
    5. Alleria style tattoos.

Gotta a new idea for void elf cusotmisations.

how about they allow you to select your Entropic appearance? -- ?

You can choose anything from a normal void elf apperance (which will work well with the new high elf skins) to a very dark electirc purple, Alleria type.. different versions wouldn't hurt.

1. New void effects - extra eyes, tentacles, back tentacles and other freaky features.
    2. New hair colours - espeically need silver white, raven black, blonde x 2, ginger x1, brown and cosmic.
    3. Hair effects - like the picture I linked here. Cosmic hair effect, turn/off tentacle
    4. Customisable Entropic embrace appearance
    5. Alleria style tattoos.
    I really want to be able to have the same Entropic Embrace as Alleria. Not this voidwalker purple thing, but that cool photo negative version like hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    I really want to be able to have the same Entropic Embrace as Alleria. Not this voidwalker purple thing, but that cool photo negative version like hers.
    I believe it was @DeicideUH who posted updated version of Entropic Embrace on SL alpha, which looked more like Alleria. I actually lost track if those changes made it to beta or if it was just a bug. It looked really good.