Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Also, look at ren'dorei racial mount. They could easily come with some faceless monster and I'm sure there would be players who would love it. Instead we got a hawkstrider "cursed" by stars (the name is Starcursed Voidstrider) whose plumes reflect the very cosmos. The Astromancer feel is already there, it just needs to be expanded.
    That's how I always felt the direction of Void Elves should go. They can be a sort of 'space elf'.

  2. #462
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,714
    I quite like them. They remind me very much of what Blood Elves used to be. I just hope we see more reluctance on their part to slay their brethren still aligned with the Horde moving forward. Equally, I hope Rommath comes to realise what a missed opportunity their research is and/or finds his decision to exile them proven correct by one or two prominent Void Elves going off the deep end.

  3. #463
    I know blizzard probably wouldn't do this but I would kind of love it if over patches they slowly built up the void elf camp in their racial zone from the little area it is with all of the tents into a little city for them. Nothing spontaneous and overnight, just like, tents being replaced with small houses, the start of towers and spires being built, abjurers putting up warding and shields around the islands, ect. Maybe 2-3 expansions down the line the city could become finished with the void elves developing their own home and architectural style distinct from the blood elves.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    I know blizzard probably wouldn't do this but I would kind of love it if over patches they slowly built up the void elf camp in their racial zone from the little area it is with all of the tents into a little city for them. Nothing spontaneous and overnight, just like, tents being replaced with small houses, the start of towers and spires being built, abjurers putting up warding and shields around the islands, ect. Maybe 2-3 expansions down the line the city could become finished with the void elves developing their own home and architectural style distinct from the blood elves.
    I mentioned something like this at the very beginning of this topic:

    I'd like to see Telogrus evolve into an actual stronghold rather than just some tents on a floating rock. In fact if we ever have an expansion where we travel to the void to face the void lords, I wouldn't mind seeing the hypothetical Telogrus stronghold mentioned above, be the main Alliance hub for such an expansion like a Ren'Dorei themed Dalaran as it were. I'd also like to see some really well developed Void Elf characters that aren't Umbric and Alleria.

  5. #465
    It is so easy to explain how Telogrus Rift could grow from a camp into a city. It is located into the Void, time flows differently in the Void, so maybe 1 year on Azeroth is 100 year on Telogrus. Elves are long-lived, so its not like 100 years would mean much, and so in just one expansion the Ren'dorei could have already developed their base of operations and culture.

    As for population numbers (how can void elves fill an entire city?), it really doesnt matter. Theramore was a city despite being inhabited by some refugees from a war-torn kingdom. I am sure void elves, other elf students, and maybe ethereals would be more than enough to form a city.
    I will tell you what I told my own son when he picked up his first blade and played at being a soldier. Whatever your elders have told you... War is not glory. War is seeing people at their very worst and choosing to protect them anyway.

  6. #466
    Gotta a new idea for void elf cusotmisations.

    how about they allow you to select your Entropic appearance? -- ?

    You can choose anything from a normal void elf apperance (which will work well with the new high elf skins) to a very dark electirc purple, Alleria type.. different versions wouldn't hurt.


    1. New void effects - extra eyes, tentacles, back tentacles and other freaky features.
    2. New hair colours - espeically need silver white, raven black, blonde x 2, ginger x1, brown and cosmic.
    3. Hair effects - like the picture I linked here. Cosmic hair effect, turn/off tentacle
    4. Customisable Entropic embrace appearance
    5. Alleria style tattoos.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Gotta a new idea for void elf cusotmisations.

    how about they allow you to select your Entropic appearance? -- ?

    You can choose anything from a normal void elf apperance (which will work well with the new high elf skins) to a very dark electirc purple, Alleria type.. different versions wouldn't hurt.


    1. New void effects - extra eyes, tentacles, back tentacles and other freaky features.
    2. New hair colours - espeically need silver white, raven black, blonde x 2, ginger x1, brown and cosmic.
    3. Hair effects - like the picture I linked here. Cosmic hair effect, turn/off tentacle
    4. Customisable Entropic embrace appearance
    5. Alleria style tattoos.
    I really want to be able to have the same Entropic Embrace as Alleria. Not this voidwalker purple thing, but that cool photo negative version like hers.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    I really want to be able to have the same Entropic Embrace as Alleria. Not this voidwalker purple thing, but that cool photo negative version like hers.
    I believe it was @DeicideUH who posted updated version of Entropic Embrace on SL alpha, which looked more like Alleria. I actually lost track if those changes made it to beta or if it was just a bug. It looked really good.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I believe it was @DeicideUH who posted updated version of Entropic Embrace on SL alpha, which looked more like Alleria. I actually lost track if those changes made it to beta or if it was just a bug. It looked really good.
    Really? I hope they put that one through then, and it wasn't just a beta thing.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I believe it was @DeicideUH who posted updated version of Entropic Embrace on SL alpha, which looked more like Alleria. I actually lost track if those changes made it to beta or if it was just a bug. It looked really good.
    Unfortunately it was reversed and it looks just like live now...

    But there’s still hope that we will be able to customize that form in the future. There were some interesting datamined strings that made the skin and hair color in EE form be set like a customization option.
    Whatever...

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Unfortunately it was reversed and it looks just like live now...

    But there’s still hope that we will be able to customize that form in the future. There were some interesting datamined strings that made the skin and hair color in EE form be set like a customization option.
    What a shame. Maybe we'll see it updated once allied races get their pass with customizations. Fingers crossed.

  12. #472
    For those wondering, EE looked like this:



    Darker skin and no texture change on hair.
    Whatever...

  13. #473
    Has there been changes ?

  14. #474
    Pandaren Monk Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Has there been changes ?
    they said underwear changes on the PTR
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Horde's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

  15. #475
    People were always making fun of Void elves, but I knew they were all fools. I have defended Void elves since they were introduced at the end of Legion, because I knew of their true potential. I even opened a thread called "Void elves will be a great addition to the Alliance", in which I discussed how Void elves would prove to be a vital new ally of the Alliance. I was right. Now in Shadowlands Alleria Windrunner, the Void elf leader, is co-leader of the ENTIRE ALLIANCE alongside Turalyon, and will no doubt do a fantastic job in fixing the problems of the Alliance and ensuring the continuing safety of its people.
    I will tell you what I told my own son when he picked up his first blade and played at being a soldier. Whatever your elders have told you... War is not glory. War is seeing people at their very worst and choosing to protect them anyway.

  16. #476
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People were always making fun of Void elves, but I knew they were all fools. I have defended Void elves since they were introduced at the end of Legion, because I knew of their true potential. I even opened a thread called "Void elves will be a great addition to the Alliance", in which I discussed how Void elves would prove to be a vital new ally of the Alliance. I was right. Now in Shadowlands Alleria Windrunner, the Void elf leader, is co-leader of the ENTIRE ALLIANCE alongside Turalyon, and will no doubt do a fantastic job in fixing the problems of the Alliance and ensuring the continuing safety of its people.
    And your obsessive behavior will ensure that people on this forum will have enough voidelf-related stuff to laugh at in the future.

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    And your obsessive behavior will ensure that people on this forum will have enough voidelf-related stuff to laugh at in the future.
    Pretty much this.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Has there been changes ?



    Underwear is fixed, but the nail polish is still red.

  19. #479
    What is that giant sphere on the left side of the character select screen for void elves?

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People were always making fun of Void elves, but I knew they were all fools. I have defended Void elves since they were introduced at the end of Legion, because I knew of their true potential. I even opened a thread called "Void elves will be a great addition to the Alliance", in which I discussed how Void elves would prove to be a vital new ally of the Alliance. I was right. Now in Shadowlands Alleria Windrunner, the Void elf leader, is co-leader of the ENTIRE ALLIANCE alongside Turalyon, and will no doubt do a fantastic job in fixing the problems of the Alliance and ensuring the continuing safety of its people.
    While I agree void elves proved to be extremely potent force during War Campaign, I'm not sure if Alleria will play larger part in leading Alliance in Anduin's absence. Nothing indicates she'll be co-leader at this point, she is basically First Lady. We don't even know if Turalyon leading Alliance will affect story at all. I kind of suspect he'll just afk in Stormwind Keep and serve as a guy to kill for the Horde to get the Achievement. It is Alliance we are speaking of, so don't expect any meaningful narrative unless our cities got burned by the Horde.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •